IGNORED

The Coronavirus and its impact on sport/Fans Return (Merged)

Loderingo

38 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Right... better dig my uniform out and dust it off I reckon. 

Dont let me catch any of you lot out and about...

hodges_2576136b.jpg.95db497243baaf831644245c64ecd1a2.jpg

You're real name is Hodges and I claim my £5.

Edited by downendcity
Just seen Ska Junkie's post - need to read the thread before posting!
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Super said:

Just wanted to check as i had no direct contact with him etc

The virus survives on surfaces for several days and in aerosol form for more than three hours.  I would suggest steering clear of others for a couple of weeks.  You might have the virus and get no symptoms. 

It's not like anyone else will be out having the time of their lives!

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Super said:

After advice chaps

My GF's daughters boyfriend went to italy 3 weeks ago came back and self isolated for 14 days he went round to there house on fri so had contact with the 3 of them but has since been poorly 111 said it could be sinusitus or corona. My GF and girls are now self isolating but i went round on saturday obviously had no contact with him but do i have to self isolate? My GF and daughters are showing no symptoms. Cant seem to find advice on NHS website

Until he gets an all clear that what he had after his isolation was anything else then its probably best for 14 day self isolation ?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, pillred said:

It's advisory surely?

'We have identified that you're someone at risk of severe illness if you catch Coronavirus. Please stay at home for 12 weeks. Home is the safest place for you. Staying in helps you stay well and that will help the NHS too.'

I don't think I have a choice, morally.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, freezer said:

Why oh why are flights from China, Italy and Iran still allowed to land in this country. 

Absolute madness! 

It's crazy. If they are coming in, then they need to be herded into a nearby hotel/hub and kept there for 14 days without question.

If this does not happen then we may as well just give up now.

4 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

'We have identified that you're someone at risk of severe illness if you catch Coronavirus. Please stay at home for 12 weeks. Home is the safest place for you. Staying in helps you stay well and that will help the NHS too.'

No but you may have no choice sometimes but to leave the house, what I'm saying is it's up to you if you want to risk it after weighing up the risks they wont arrest you if you ignore their advice (yet(

3 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Yep same. 

3 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Had it too.  We know Joe is “vulnerable”, so have been under self-imposed isolation since last Monday.  But we were a bit surprised to get the text, re-inforcing we did the right thing.

My cousin dropped off some bread and milk today, we are Ok for rest of stuff luckily.8C144647-F84F-4DAB-A9BF-4F0580EDADDD.thumb.jpeg.ebafaa983e29faa7eb965398043be439.jpeg

and next door’s cat helped with the fruit and veg box delivery:

081A33B5-132E-413A-85DE-710887E286A9.thumb.jpeg.045b552f207034ecade25a9e3cafa377.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Robin 4

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Had it too.  We know Joe is “vulnerable”, so have been under self-imposed isolation since last Monday.  But we were a bit surprised to get the text, re-inforcing we did the right thing.

My cousin dropped off some bread and milk today, we are Ok for rest of stuff luckily.8C144647-F84F-4DAB-A9BF-4F0580EDADDD.thumb.jpeg.ebafaa983e29faa7eb965398043be439.jpeg

and next door’s cat helped with the fruit and veg box delivery:

081A33B5-132E-413A-85DE-710887E286A9.thumb.jpeg.045b552f207034ecade25a9e3cafa377.jpeg

FRUIT AND VEG!!! that's like gold dust around here haven't seen any in my local co op for a week.

Just saw this from one of my friends who works in the NHS . It’s a post by another nurse. 

I am just exasperated! We got told at hand over this morning to be extra vigilant on our way home as NHS staff are getting mugged for their ID's in order to go to Tesco's the hour earlier they have allocated for NHS staff. What the hell is wrong with people????‍♀️

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

Just saw this from one of my friends who works in the NHS . It’s a post by another nurse. 

I am just exasperated! We got told at hand over this morning to be extra vigilant on our way home as NHS staff are getting mugged for their ID's in order to go to Tesco's the hour earlier they have allocated for NHS staff. What the hell is wrong with people????‍♀️

That is scandalous! ?

I've got an NHS support pass but it's got my ugly mug on it so useless if it was checked. 

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Stay in, image all the jobs you could get done, spotless house, decorating, all this those little jobs that never get done, sort out the loft..... it’s never ending.   

you certainly know how to cheer football fans up ?

• Haha 1

• Admin
5 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

We're alright, B & Q are saying emergency only. 4 cans of almond blush emulsion are hardly an emergency. 

I told my misses that decorating products all have chemicals in them that can cause respiratory problems, potentially making Covid worse, so they are all banned from the house......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3