IGNORED

The Coronavirus and its impact on sport/Fans Return (Merged)

Loderingo

11 hours ago, Robin-hugh-blind said:

I would be more than happy to stay at home. And I encourage any one that can to do so. 

However, if you were looking at not paying bills, mortgage or even having enough money to buy vital supplies im sure you would reluctantly go to work. 

The world is bigger than just you and your presentations. Other people are suffering tonight, perhaps think about others and the position there in ?

Hey this sounds like a fun game.

You carry on as normal , wandering round infecting people, and then you can pass them over to me to decide which ones live and which ones die.

Maybe at some point I could give you a list, let you chose, fancy that?

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

WTF is wrong with these people... 

Its not the first time that has happened in Southmead - probably the same kids who got away with it last time.

It'll probably be known who did it and this time may well be enough to give police the names.

Hope so anyway.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

I see Spain reporting just 76 new infections today*. That could mean a flattening of the curve for them, after a period of strict lockdown.

*Unless I've misunderstood the data. 

Do Spain like us do theirs per region? As they have Catalonia, islands and mainland. There was a program last night I have not seen it so can't confirm its true, but in Madrid 1 - 10 health workers have it and they are lowering the age of patients to get critical care.  

On ours Wales is always first then followed by Scotland and England is last. I only noticed as I looked on the website yesterday and thought we was low so things are looking up then Wales anounced their figures which matched the websites. 

Edit just noticed this so some are updating throughout the day 

image.png.c3f79bebddd6b96d4937793bd46a7f34.png

Edited by RedorDead BCFC

3 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Partly true, but there are other forms of transport available in London. Plus I would guess, and only a guess, that not everyone on there has to be on that tube. It’s a London mentality, no one wants to back down as they believe they are the most important.

London cabbies are struggling at the moment so use them!

Partly true, but there are other forms of transport available in London. Plus I would guess, and only a guess, that not everyone on there has to be on that tube. It’s a London mentality, no one wants to back down as they believe they are the most important.

London cabbies are struggling at the moment so use them!

These workers may well be low paid. Public transport is cheaper I'm sure.

These key workers (funny how these are classed as 'key workers' now but not paid much in general) cannot afford to take fans to work and live- I don't think there's much jolly travel ongoing here, much read below for fun as @exAtyeoMax said.

Until the Government package is fully up and running, people who cannot work from home who have little choice will continue to do so. Thinking any zero hours. Then you have key workers who need to work irrespective.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

2 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

Do Spain like us do theirs per region? As they have Catalonia, islands and mainland. There was a program last night I have not seen it so can't confirm its true, but in Madrid 1 - 10 health workers have it and they are lowering the age of patients to get critical care.  

On ours Wales is always first then followed by Scotland and England is last. I only noticed as I looked on the website yesterday and thought we was low so things are looking up then Wales anounced their figures which matched the websites. 

That did occur to me. If it's countrywide, that's a hell of a turnaround from the 1000+ per day they were getting a week ago.

Unfortunately, it appears reports of Germany's infection curve flattening out may be wishful thinking judging by its last figures.

2 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

That did occur to me. If it's countrywide, that's a hell of a turnaround from the 1000+ per day they were getting a week ago.

Unfortunately, it appears reports of Germany's infection curve flattening out may be wishful thinking judging by its last figures.

Just edited my comment, I noticed something at the bottom stating the below. 

The "New" columns for China display the previous day changes (as China reports after the day is over). For all other countries, the "New" columns display the changes for the current day while still in progress.

• Admin
43 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Following brexit me and Mrs F refuse to go to Spoons.....I hope a lot more people do the same now.

Is that not a double edged sword?  I understand the position against the owner, but if he manages to stay in business, he will need staff who desperately need work when we can start to get back to whatever normality will look like. (and any other businesses such as Sports Direct who haven't covered themselves in glory).  I guess in pre-Covid times another would fill the gap and create jobs, but start ups won't be in that position for a while I would guess?

42 minutes ago, Crackers Corner said:

There needs to be a list put together of companies who mistreat Thier employees during this outbreak. 

Could not agree more. I was a publican for 10 years and hated this chain and don't have any time for their owner. This is a National Emergency and treating the people who work for you like this is despicable and shows him in his true colours. Needs people to be strong after this is over and support their local ( if they are still open) but be assured as a Barrister he will creep and slither around trying to get his customers back.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

Just edited my comment, I noticed something at the bottom stating the below. 

The "New" columns for China display the previous day changes (as China reports after the day is over). For all other countries, the "New" columns display the changes for the current day while still in progress.

Don't we also report once the day is over? The figures are given at one-off daily briefings, not realised as a trickle.

I think an exception that does report throughout the day is the US, where you'll often see the infections figure rise hour-by-hour. I'm guessing that is because each individual state reports its total, and they are in different time zones and probably have different reporting procedure.

28 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Don't we also report once the day is over? The figures are given at one-off daily briefings, not realised as a trickle.

I think an exception that does report throughout the day is the US, where you'll often see the infections figure rise hour-by-hour. I'm guessing that is because each individual state reports its total, and they are in different time zones and probably have different reporting procedure.

Spain now on 4537 new cases and 385 deaths reported today. Hope it stops there and does not go up for today 

• Sad 1

40 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Is that not a double edged sword?  I understand the position against the owner, but if he manages to stay in business, he will need staff who desperately need work when we can start to get back to whatever normality will look like. (and any other businesses such as Sports Direct who haven't covered themselves in glory).  I guess in pre-Covid times another would fill the gap and dreate jobs, but start ups won't be in that position for a while I would guess?

In some ways yes it is.  But we made a decision based on the simplicity of we’d rather give our money to a different business, and  ensure their employees benefit from our custom.  Not ideal, I know, but sometimes you have to stick to your principles.

At the recent HMHB gig, my bruv automatically suggested a few of us met up in the Commercial Rooms, but I said I wouldn’t, and we therefore started in another pub.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

We have numpties surrounding us all, i'm 69 and certainly have not had all my life, what is she on about FFS ? dont tar us all boomers with this stupid woman's mentality. I want to run round AG at the age of 100 with the Premiership Trophy, see my grandsons play for the City, and still chat up the chicks when I am in my nineties. I am observing every rule re isolating, so we had a wet winter, I live in a Static and if anyone needs space, the missus and I do !! I had a cancer scare last year and that is all it was so I appreciate life. Hopefully this stupid woman is in a minority like the idiots spitting in police officers faces and torching delivery vans.

1 minute ago, oldstandrobin said:

scroll up to see my post !!!

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Following brexit me and Mrs F refuse to go to Spoons.....I hope a lot more people do the same now.

I expect a few did the same, I don't care if he wants to shout his mouth off about Politics as it is no different than others shouting about remaining. But he is making a choice that will alienate half of his customers, who in turn may not go back, although he may get some new customers go into his pubs because he was shouting about leaving though?

Regardless of that, he comes across a complete self centred ****, and he will lose more customers due to his latest decision.

I could only imagine having his much money and business, and I would wonder what good I could do (and get some great press along the way). Pay your staff for starters, and then setup some sort of service for the vulnerable for food/drink/medication etc.

How does someone with his wealth manage to qualify for grants in the first place, surely he should exhaust some of his own wealth first? I know these are unprecedented times but surely he shouldn't be allowed to claim the same as someone who is struggling to survive? If you get a payout for redundancy you don't qualify for benefits do you? Or is it different because of where we are at the moment?

1 minute ago, Crackers Corner said:

How are Germany keeping the fatality rate so much lower than everyone else?

It might have been that they tested more widely and therefore detected and counted more "mild" cases that have gone un-noticed by officialdom here.

I have a friend self-isolating in Redland. She has all the Covid symptoms, but has not been tested as she's young and not in a near-critical condition.