IGNORED

Not just another video to pass the time

1960maaan

This time it's a local derby, the home game from 1975, August 30th. With the sun shining on Ashton Gate City dominate a 1-1 draw with , as they used to be, local rivals. Interesting to watch, City played reasonably well and Rovers held on for a draw. Their hero Frankie Prince showing what he was all about, and a very young Tony Pulis. What is also interesting, is watching Mickey Brolly on the wing, I liked him and didn't realise he only played 30 times for us, scoring just 2 goals. 

Anyway, enjoy .

1 hour ago, Never to the dark side said:

Nice one,do you have the sweeney goal against WBA from March 1976?

No, sadly. Just double checked my Youtube channel, I have "a year to remember" and "the glory years' and it's not on those. I'm sure I've seen it though.

What a shame. I would like to relive that game again. I was there and it was so intense that I always remember the last 10 or 15 minutes as the longest in my life. I'd love to be able to watch it again, this time without the tension. 

I'm too young to remember the 70s but it is always painted as a time of off the field hooliganism. It was interesting watching that match that the two sets of fans seemed quite amicable. Down in the corner of the open end and Dolman there were City and Rovers fans within punching distance of one another and yet everyone is watching the match quite calmly. I'm guessing it may have been a different story in the park after.

Archived