IGNORED

Sunderland Documentary Series 2

RumRed

8 hours ago, DT The Optimist said:

I am at same point.  As I mentioned in an early post I recall reading at the the time that we looked at Maja but I could not have said where he ended up until this programme stoked an interest. 
It seems he has not achieved any particular heights with Bordeaux and was not a regular starter with them before this shut down.   He shafted Sunderland  by exercising his rights and was more than a 1.5 m euro player for sure.  His playing style reminded me of Watkins at Brentford.  
Even though we know how it ends up I think it’s a decent watch in these hard few weeks. 

Sunderland shafted themselves by not having an extension clause in his contract, he did nothing wrong whatsoever

59 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Hated?  He was spot on with what he was saying, maybe a bit flash, but knows what he’s talking about

Just a bit of a jerk I thought

snd there owner just looks like he dies bags of coke every night

The owner looked completely out of his depth but the other guy (Charlie ?) while being brash and over the top was spot on with a lot of what he said, and was met with a lot of indifference and eye rolling from the middle management 

The part of them had a interesting good cop bad cop dynamic between them 

15 minutes ago, walnutroof said:

The owner looked completely out of his depth but the other guy (Charlie ?) while being brash and over the top was spot on with a lot of what he said, and was met with a lot of indifference and eye rolling from the middle management 

Don't think you can judge staff off of 1 minute of edited clips with a camera in their face. 

I'd even go as far as saying they purposely made the staff look poor in the final cut. 

6 minutes ago, Seneca the Younger said:

Don't think you can judge staff off of 1 minute of edited clips with a camera in their face. 

I'd even go as far as saying they purposely made the staff look poor in the final cut. 

Was also referring to the Irish girl and the Boxing Day attendance thing and she thought there was no choice of achieving it without really trying 

On 02/04/2020 at 10:34, Olé said:

The whole thing is beyond cringeworthy. Why Sunderland signed up to do it a second time is beyond me. The first series was an interesting insight albeit like watching a slow car crash.

This second series seems to be a self-pitying mess of Sunderland fans with sad music and repeated attempts to build up disappointment and then highlight their misery (and swearing).

By the time they lost at Wembley a second time a lady in floods of tears was going "why is it never us, why is it never ****** us". At that point you just have to laugh at this utter garbage.

As a reminder Sunderland was in the Premier League three years ago, and for the best part of over 20 years before that. They've also won the Championship 4 times in the last 25 years.

They need to get a grip. I'd be embarrassed if our club lacked that much self awareness or proportion. The only interesting insight was deadline day (also emotional rather than sensible).

Oh, and marketing guy was literally David Brent does football. "My role is to have a vision. To imagine things. To - feel things. And to then express those feelings into plan, strategies, ideas."

You've pretty much covered my thoughts on it. The whingeing fans who think they have it tough, the marketing guy who  sounds like he might think David Brent is a role model but as you say the transfer deadline day was interesting and maybe should make fans think twice before they hurl abuse at chairmen for not spending the money. For those who didn't see it, star striker's Maja demands (or at least his agents demands) were met, but the player still left enabling the agent to make himself a sum of money that most of us would only see if we won the lottery.

19 hours ago, walnutroof said:

I agree, there was a lot of them who were far too content to do a substandard job, pick up decent wages and just coast on through life. The bit where he asked the PR   team to find a way to boost ticket sales for the Boxing Day game, and they just looked at him vacantly was priceless.

Don't get me wrong, the bloke had an extremely bad attitude in dealing with his subordinates, but it was perfectly obvious that there was plenty of deadwood there that needed getting rid of.

As for Stewart Donald, the man is completely out of his depth there, the whole farce of him trying to sign Will Grigg was embarrassing. Sunderland is far too big a club for him to run.

1 hour ago, BS15_RED said:

I agree, there was a lot of them who were far too content to do a substandard job, pick up decent wages and just coast on through life. The bit where he asked the PR   team to find a way to boost ticket sales for the Boxing Day game, and they just looked at him vacantly was priceless.

Don't get me wrong, the bloke had an extremely bad attitude in dealing with his subordinates, but it was perfectly obvious that there was plenty of deadwood there that needed getting rid of.

As for Stewart Donald, the man is completely out of his depth there, the whole farce of him trying to sign Will Grigg was embarrassing. Sunderland is far too big a club for him to run.

Some managers make a career of going into businesses spend 18 months managing like the Tasmanian devil and then moving onto other distressed businesses 

It’s also worth pointing out there wasn’t exactly a queue of potential buyers so they were probably the only serious bidders and probably explains why they agreed to season two as it might encourage investors or a potential takeover 

21 minutes ago, walnutroof said:

Some managers make a career of going into businesses spend 18 months managing like the Tasmanian devil and then moving onto other distressed businesses 

It’s also worth pointing out there wasn’t exactly a queue of potential buyers so they were probably the only serious bidders and probably explains why they agreed to season two as it might encourage investors or a potential takeover 

Agreed, he clearly doesn’t have the funds to take the club forwards, I think his game plan was to get promoted at the first time of asking then sell it off for a profit once Championship status had been achieved.

Chairman left in the middle of Parkinson’s bad spell, so clearly both of them have no genuine interest in football & just wanted to be powerful ‘god like’ figures if they went up. Clearly couldn’t hack any bad times and jumped ship fairly soon after. 

14 hours ago, petehinton said:

Chairman left in the middle of Parkinson’s bad spell, so clearly both of them have no genuine interest in football & just wanted to be powerful ‘god like’ figures if they went up. Clearly couldn’t hack any bad times and jumped ship fairly soon after. 

I thought he was still there, although the club is up for sale.

18 hours ago, petehinton said:

Yes chairman is still there, it’s the David Brent Marketing character that resigned.

Archived