IGNORED

Fantasy mentors of City past

mozo

A random, but hopefully original concept to helps us through these unfootbally times...

You can pick a City player from the past to mentor a player of the present.

For example, could Tommy Doherty add a bit of grit to Han-Noah Massengo's game, or would Famara Diedhiou learn more about being an all-round forward from Shaun Goater or from Steve Jones?!

The most nuanced suggestion wins a prize: an eat in meal for two at any Bristol restaurant with any City player past or present, but you must book the table for the next 2 weeks...

Just of the top of my head,as I am in work and have just popped off for a dump,Brian Tinnion,Paul Hartley or Wade Elliott would be be a good starting point for our midfield. A nice bit of Marv in there too would be handy.

3 hours ago, Slacker said:

Just of the top of my head,as I am in work and have just popped off for a dump,Brian Tinnion,Paul Hartley or Wade Elliott would be be a good starting point for our midfield. A nice bit of Marv in there too would be handy.

Agree and a well earned shit emoji for posting location.

Gary Shelton would also be useful to make any of our midfield more dynamic.

19 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Agree and a well earned shit emoji for posting location.

Gary Shelton would also be useful to make any of our midfield more dynamic.

I'll push you closer to the brief...which one current midfielder would benefit most from a training session with Shelts?

43 minutes ago, mozo said:

I'll push you closer to the brief...which one current midfielder would benefit most from a training session with Shelts?

41 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Adam Nagy?

Yep, I'd go with Nagy with perhaps Morrell dropping in for a session here or there.

12 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Maybe Liam Walsh too?

Possibly, i can see where you coming from. Walsh perhaps a little too much towards the playmaker type that he might lose some of that to show more of Shelts traits.

Archived