IGNORED

Bands who kept it honest

Major Isewater

15 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

The KLF. Had some massive hits, burned £1million and walked away when they’d had enough of the music industry.

And have deleted their entire back catalogue which I`m not sure I agree with. I know Julian Cope isn`t happy with them either - most of the million quid they burned was his!

3 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

The KLF are hardly stupid. They practiced situationism and followed discordianism. This can explain to a degree their actions leading to success with its ultimate rejection. 

Burning money isn't clever, but i take your point as i have no interest in the music they made, and I know very little about their ideology tbh,

On 10/04/2020 at 21:20, Lanterne Rouge said:

The Fall. No matter who of the dozens of members they had over the years was in the band at any given time Mark E Smith just did what he`d always done and didn`t give a stuff whether it was successful or not.

There was a short period when Brix seemed to be marketing him a bit, around the time they did the cover version of Victoria.

On 10/04/2020 at 21:20, Lanterne Rouge said:

The Fall. No matter who of the dozens of members they had over the years was in the band at any given time Mark E Smith just did what he`d always done and didn`t give a stuff whether it was successful or not.

Just don’t look for our result, skip League One and go straight to League Two to laugh at the Gas.

4 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

There was a short period when Brix seemed to be marketing him a bit, around the time they did the cover version of Victoria.

I`ve heard several interviews with Brix since Mark died and she really believed she could change him at first. She did try and promote him but he just wouldn`t have any of it.

She soon realised the words `banging your head` and `brick wall` were appropriate though and gave up trying!

a man for whom the word `curmudgeon` could have been invented!

On 05/04/2020 at 10:53, Lanterne Rouge said:

New Model Army. They haven`t changed in thirty years.

My posh mate surprisingly revealed he knew Slade the Leveller.  They went to Marlborough together. Justin's dad was managing director of BBC Radio.

He lives in Glastonbury now (Justin, not my mate) with Joolz - the punk poetess.

I'd love to effect a reunion of these two highly improbable schoolmates some day!

17 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

My posh mate surprisingly revealed he knew Slade the Leveller.  They went to Marlborough together. Justin's dad was managing director of BBC Radio.

He lives in Glastonbury now (Justin, not my mate) with Joolz - the punk poetess.

I'd love to effect a reunion of these two highly improbable schoolmates some day!

Prompted me to stick Vengence on the gramophone. Not played in years.

IMG_20200415_152015_743.thumb.jpg.d3b8b4457f1e55bd6888df5309526e9a.jpg

I'm pleased that XTC was mentioned as early as post#2.

It's a pity I stopped buying all their 12", CD singles, in fact everything they released after the superb The Disappointed. I chose the CD album of Nonsuch instead of the double vinyl version. Needless to say the vinyl is worth loads but not as much as the last single off the album. If anyone has a copy of the majestic Wrapped In Grey, please post it to me if you don't want it! Alternatively you could sell it on eBay for over £300. 

Honourable mentions, as per the thread title, have to go to Dr Feelgood, Peter Gabriel and the greatest British rock band nobody has ever heard of..... Thunder!

Archived