IGNORED

Well there's a surprise

Jerseybean

1 hour ago, Portland Bill said:

Who would have guessed that..............?

Anyone with critical thinking would suspect other clubs interest.

It was known that Arsenal were scouting him since the Stoke game back in September. So the chances of similar calibre clubs scouting him was high.

The whole "Chelsea bought him for us..." nonsense has always been nonsense and always will be, the person who made it up even admitted they made it up.

Also Borussia Dortmund have been scouting him according to the same article.

They have a sustained track record of blooding youth yet are a big club, so might be a good career move. Chelsea would clearly gain him more cash. 

Not good enough, well not yet but as a future investment, he's an exciting talent from a high calibre academy. Monaco have a high calibre academy, whether we've got the best out of him is a matter of debate.

23 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Also Borussia Dortmund have been scouting him according to the same article.

They have a sustained track record of blooding youth yet are a big club, so might be a good career move. Chelsea would clearly gain him more cash. 

Not good enough, well not yet but as a future investment, he's an exciting talent from a high calibre academy. Monaco have a high calibre academy, whether we've got the best out of him is a matter of debate.

A good top coach or coaching staff would.

10 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

He’s just not been good enough.

Nonsense!  Massengo is an extremely talented lad - lad being the important word. He’s 18 going on 19 and hasn’t finished growing yet................:facepalm:

City have signed a boy full of potential and that potential has been recognised by several other bigger clubs and when he signed for us LJ received at least two phone calls from PL clubs asking how City pulled ithe deal off......

If we remember Brownhill when he first joined City. He was slight and very lightweight but over a couple of seasons he developed into a PL quality player. Massengo is exactly the same. We ain’t seen nothing yet.

From what I've heard, he's happy in the area and so are his family, his Dad is his agent (FIFA qualified coach too I understand). They are also happy about amount he has been playing, and that is key. We only got him because he wanted to play games, I think I read 20 teams around Europe were interested, many much bigger than us, but he came to play . He will obviously move on to a bigger club, but at the moment, who would guarantee games? 
With luck we have him for another year, by which time I think he would have built up enough to be ready for a step up. 

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Nonsense!  Massengo is an extremely talented lad - lad being the important word. He’s 18 going on 19 and hasn’t finished growing yet................:facepalm:

City have signed a boy full of potential and that potential has been recognised by several other bigger clubs and when he signed for us LJ received at least two phone calls from PL clubs asking how City pulled ithe deal off......

If we remember Brownhill when he first joined City. He was slight and very lightweight but over a couple of seasons he developed into a PL quality player. Massengo is exactly the same. We ain’t seen nothing yet.

For once Robbo, I agree with you! ?

He is just a kid.  A very talented kid, who is now trying to step into the shoes of our departed captain, a Hungarian international, or our current longest serving player.

He should not be playing as many games as he has, but he is starting games (as a two) for a top ten team in the Championship.  Why wouldn't Chelsea be interested in that? 

Let's give him ten years, I would bet any money he will go further than Brownhill.

Archived