IGNORED

Black and white beauties

AppyDAZE

and some in colour.

The film actresses from the olden days only. We're talking 1940s, 50s, 60s at the latest.

My list:

Vivien Leigh  (total stunner)

Gene Tierney (was never a referee, as far as i know) and nice

Elizabeth Taylor (when young, lush)

Hedy Lamarr (gorgeous)

Priscilla Lane (not mentioned much, but a beautiful blonde, one of my real favourites)

Probably the first mentioned is the best there's been, in my humble

I know I've missed out some real crackers.

So come on, let's be 'aving 'em.

Vivien Leigh, agree total stunner

Sylvia Simms, from Ice Cold in Alex

Hedy Lamarr, in Samson and Delilah ( with Victor Mature) and of course she was an inventor, see Bombshell

Elizabeth Taylor, snagged my attention as a kid when she was  in Cleopatra 

Susan Hayward in Demetrius and the gladiator,  :laugh: with Victor Mature, didn't realise that until now!

and a leftfield suggestion, Doris Day in Calamity Jane, the reason why i love rodeo season here in Canada :laugh:

2 hours ago, Med/MadHatter said:

Vivien Leigh, agree total stunner

Sylvia Simms, from Ice Cold in Alex

Hedy Lamarr, in Samson and Delilah (

Elizabeth Taylor, snagged my attention as a kid when she was  in Cleopatra 

Susan Hayward in Demetrius and the gladiator,  :laugh: with Victor Mature, didn't realise that until now!

and a leftfield suggestion, Doris Day in Calamity Jane, the reason why i love rodeo season here in Canada :laugh:

Were you aware that she appeared in a film naked in Sweden before moving to Hollywood? She was considered the most beautiful woman in the world in her time, and as you say, apparently came up with a system that is the basis of Bluetooth these days. 

3 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Were you aware that she appeared in a film naked in Sweden before moving to Hollywood? She was considered the most beautiful woman in the world in her time, and as you say, apparently came up with a system that is the basis of Bluetooth these days. 

No, i never new about the film, would be a bit weird looking at it now :laugh:

4 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

There certainly were some stunners in the 40's and 50's.............check out Talking pictures TV.

My favorites are (in no particular order)

Ava Gardner

Sylvia Sims

Eva Bartok

Gina Lollobrigida

Kim Novak

So many more during that period,, all classy, no tarts !

Ah! Forgot about La Lollo, truly gorgeous!

9 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Lauren Bacall, she knew what was going on . Smokin’

Brigitte Bardot , she just oozed raw , animal sex appeal . 

4ACCEB47-7CE2-45AA-B04E-E15CE055FD94.jpeg

97CF621E-B2CE-497C-A348-E56E9B894490.jpeg

Not one for going overboard on how beautiful actresses are but Lauren Bacall was pretty. I seen her interviewed in her old age on Wogan and she was still attractive. 

Mind you, I saw some pictures of the dark haired woman who starred in the Munsters. Very attractive!

7 hours ago, swanker said:

Not one for going overboard on how beautiful actresses are but Lauren Bacall was pretty. I seen her interviewed in her old age on Wogan and she was still attractive. 

Mind you, I saw some pictures of the dark haired woman who starred in the Munsters. Very attractive!

Yvonne de Carlo ?

She dd some early "glamour" shots before she was a film star (I'm led to believe ?

Archived