IGNORED

Bobby Gould interview on Talksport

5 minutes ago, Pheasant plucker said:

A likely story! ?

Shall I jog your memory NTTDS?

Wasn't it "Bobby Gould coming on TalkSport"? Or something very similar. 

Certainly got the natives titillated! ?

Busted!

2 hours ago, Pheasant plucker said:

A likely story! ?

Shall I jog your memory NTTDS?

Wasn't it "Bobby Gould coming on TalkSport"? Or something very similar. 

Certainly got the natives titillated! ?

I missed this. Did he have much to spray?

As a City fan growing up in Filton I remember going to the gas training ground at Hambrook to buy an away ticket when we played them at Eastville in the early’80s. I cycled down there after school and was amazed that Bobby Gould and someone at the back of the office we’re the only one’s there. That was my first introduction to the meaning of ‘tin pot’: The manager selling match day tickets out of one of those little cash boxes like they used to collect your dinner money at school. But to be honest, looking back at that time in the ‘80s everything was crap.

But fair play to him as we exchanged a bit of banter, nice chap.

1 hour ago, Pieman said:

As a City fan growing up in Filton I remember going to the gas training ground at Hambrook to buy an away ticket when we played them at Eastville in the early’80s. I cycled down there after school and was amazed that Bobby Gould and someone at the back of the office we’re the only one’s there. That was my first introduction to the meaning of ‘tin pot’: The manager selling match day tickets out of one of those little cash boxes like they used to collect your dinner money at school. But to be honest, looking back at that time in the ‘80s everything was crap.

But fair play to him as we exchanged a bit of banter, nice chap.

I remember a home derby in about 82, which we lost 1-2, and I was stood in the Enclosure. About an hour before kick-off, Gould emerged and some Gasheads in the Enclosure started clapping and welcoming him onto the pitch. Gould turned around and not only clapped them back but thanked them by name. I was most impressed as he called out these five or six names and made them feel like he was mates of theirs. Hats off to him, there's not many football league managers who know the names of half their team's fan base.

8 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

I remember a home derby in about 82, which we lost 1-2, and I was stood in the Enclosure. About an hour before kick-off, Gould emerged and some Gasheads in the Enclosure started clapping and welcoming him onto the pitch. Gould turned around and not only clapped them back but thanked them by name. I was most impressed as he called out these five or six names and made them feel like he was mates of theirs. Hats off to him, there's not many football league managers who know the names of half their team's fan base.

He actually knew their entire fanbase by name - it`s just that the other six couldn`t make it that day.

I was looking forward to seeing him when he joined, didn't take long for me to dislike him, even as one of ours. 
I think that's another reason I liked Donnie Gilles, he took Goulds spot, at least initially .

Archived