IGNORED

The Coronavirus and its impact on sport/Fans Return (Merged)

Loderingo

21 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Were you saying as many young people have died as old have from this virus? Then I'm afraid that it is YOU that is a flat earther pal

No, but you are welcome to put your cider down and re-read the post again.

There is nothing to be ashamed of that you are scared. You can see it in every post you scribble.

But you clearly are bricking yourself, and lashing out isn't the way to cover that fact.

Have a lovely weekend.

3 minutes ago, SX227 said:

No, but you are welcome to put your cider down and re-read the post again.

There is nothing to be ashamed of that you are scared. You can see it in every post you scribble.

But you clearly are bricking yourself, and lashing out isn't the way to cover that fact.

Have a lovely weekend.

Happy weekend to you too . manual manipulator

1 hour ago, Bedred31 said:

Things moving v quickly now. A couple of days ago, I did not  think it possible that season would be cancelled. Think it’s quite  likely now that City have played their last competitive game until August. Expect Euros to go too. Medical situation worrying, obviously but, without losing perspective, it’s the economic situation that is really terrifying. V few small to medium size retailers, pubs, restaurants or other leisure businesses will survive this without massive government intervention. Footfall in London already down 27%, in Newcastle it’s 47%.  

Living on the other side of Europe, it's astonishing and alarming how quickly this has moved. Just on Saturday I was having a right blast at a completely nutty lower league match, rubbing my (disinfected) hands at the rich bounty promised by the rest of the season. Now... well... that's my last game for the god knows how long.

Warsaw is in a complete state of paranoia with schools, cinemas and various institutions closed,  streets deserted, strong rumours of an imminent city lockdown, etc. Dark times that I would be certain shall hit Britain within a short space of time - though, of course, i sincerely hope not. 

Personally though, whilst the economy the world is over is going to get completely torpedoed, I think the medical situation - a combination of the sheer amount of unknowns matched with the rapid and dynamic movement of this virus - is the most worrying aspect and I just hope that we can see this through without certain scenarios developing. 

I have no doubt that cancelling football is the right thing to do, and frankly if that means just drawing a line on the season and rendering it void, so be it - only draconian measures are going to stem this. 

I just hope that flipping bat soup was worth it ?

6 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

? as @Robbored who remains disturbingly quiet on the subject, might I add.. I'm sure he knows something we don't

It is what it is. I’m following the government guidelines as we all should but still going about my day to day life. The only thing that’s changed is that we now touch elbows at bowls rather than shake hands.

One thing that Im not sure about is that coughs and colds are fairly common during the colder months and most of us get them at some stage. I have recently had cold like symptoms  but just normalised them and carried on as normal. 

I guess it could have been the virus..................:dunno:

6 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Very worst case which won’t happen. World wide there’s been 125,000  people diagnosed , as of yesterday . So how we will get 500,000 dead in this country alone is ridiculous. 

The very definition of the “worst case” scenario is that it is at the extreme end of what COULD happen. That doesn’t mean it’s likely, but you can’t say it “won’t happen”.

And quoting the data at this point in time doesn’t mean anything - it’s about the potential end result, months down the line, if the infection has spread in an uncontrolled manner to vast numbers of the population. There is the potential for a huge exponential spread - which is precisely why countries like China and Italy have responded so drastically.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Attention of people of Thornbury 

Someone has tested positive of coronavirus in Thornbury 

I can't see this online... Are you telling us Arteta lives in Thornbury? Must live in one of the new builds....

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

The very definition of the “worst case” scenario is that it is at the extreme end of what COULD happen. That doesn’t mean it’s likely, but you can’t say it “won’t happen”.

And quoting the data at this point in time doesn’t mean anything - it’s about the potential end result, months down the line, if the infection has spread in an uncontrolled manner to vast numbers of the population. There is the potential for a huge exponential spread - which is precisely why countries like China and Italy have responded so drastically.

Yes I get all that . There are reports that China has peaked and are over the worst of it and let’s hope that’s the case

52 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It is what it is. I’m following the government guidelines as we all should but still going about my day to day life. The only thing that’s changed is that we now touch elbows at bowls rather than shake hands.

One thing that Im not sure about is that coughs and colds are fairly common during the colder months and most of us get them at some stage. I have recently had cold like symptoms  but just normalised them and carried on as normal. 

I guess it could have been the virus..................:dunno:

And as for finger-bowls...

5 minutes ago, mozo said:

I suspect they will cancel football until after the International break. I seriously don't know how I'm going to survive without football...

We all survive during the close season.........That said cricket is being played then and it’s  the best sport in the world.

11 hours ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Mate - I genuinely don’t know. I’ve lost pension money on the stock market - the world has turned upside down in a few weeks. I’m 50:50 to sit inside a cupboard for a month, or say **** it and go to the game and shout out my support. 

These are unprecedented times. Thank **** for Malbec 

Me too, I cannot believe my luck, just about to cash out on my 25% (I was 55 in December) and my fund has been devastated.

7 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

A great movie sure to come of all this in a few years time...

Your shouts for the cast...

? as Boris

? as Trump

? as Greta

? as Mikel Arteta

? as Cotswoldred

? as @Robbored who remains disturbingly quiet on the subject, might I add.. I'm sure he knows something we don't

Michael Vaughan as Arteta

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Yes I get all that . There are reports that China has peaked and are over the worst of it and let’s hope that’s the case

Hopefully that scabby country has learnt a lesson. Doubt it though.

Given that the government won’t call off the football, yet many footballers seem to be catching it from one another, perhaps the football authorities should just say no more football themselves, and not wait for the government to say what’s safe. Stadiums should be be shut to protect those who won’t stay away.  

Someone needs to take some responsibility for what could potentially happen here with this pandemic. The clubs need to look after the fans, their  players and everyone employed and connected with the clubs.

Football isn’t that important in the scheme of things. We can come back to it later. 

Bristol City is a community club, let’s look after each other. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lord Northski said:

Given that the government won’t call off the football, yet many footballers seem to be catching it from one another, perhaps the football authorities should just say no more football themselves, and not wait for the government to say what’s safe. Stadiums should be be shut to protect those who won’t stay away.  

Someone needs to take some responsibility for what could potentially happen here with this pandemic. The clubs need to look after the fans, their  players and everyone employed and connected with the clubs.

Football isn’t that important in the scheme of things. We can come back to it later. 

Bristol City is a community club, let’s look after each other. 

PL representatives are in a meeting right now according to the main news outlets. You would imagine this weekend will be off for the Prem at least. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Super said:

Hopefully that scabby country has learnt a lesson. Doubt it though.

That’s what happens when you eat bats and rats. 

Rather than push their agenda of extracting valuable minerals from African countries where they build roads and railways etc as a way to get covert information, they should put the effort in to producing proper food for their overpopulated country. 

• Like 2