IGNORED

The Coronavirus and its impact on sport/Fans Return (Merged)

Loderingo

We are just finishing up first week of home schooling my two kids here in California. I have been so inspired by all the home schooling posts my friends have been posting and all the amazing things people are doing! Thought I share how things have been going for me to hopefully inspire a few of you who are starting this next week. Started the week pumped up and determined to make a good go of it - Monday's lessons mostly went to plan and as intended, kids seemed to have fun too.  However It's now Friday and I am sad to report that I have had to suspend two students for bad behavior and fire one teacher for drinking and sleeping on the job.

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, downendcity said:

I think that might apply across the NHS. 

Our engineers are being denied entry to more and more trusts by the hour. That's really not good as I've never seen anything like that before. Extreme situation I suppose and for their protection. 

3 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Just on BBC News now, Northwick Park Hospital

One of our sites we can't get in to. 

44 minutes ago, Midred said:

The question is - "was there a toilet roll shortage before someone reported there being a toilet roll shortage." I'm  getting more exasperated with the media at the moment in the way that they appear to be generating as much news as they are reporting. The number of times that an answer from an expert is misquoted or "misunderstood " by a reporter in order to muddy the waters is getting increasingly commonplace. Either that or the reporters aren't as bright as they claim to be!

Media driven IMO. In these days of 24hr rolling news and the desperation to fill those hours with something this was always going to happen. They need to justify their existence somehow.

I`ve given up listening to local radio (`your community service in this time of crisis `according to Radio Devon yesterday) when the breakfast show consisted of reading out a list of schools that were closed (which took about ten minutes to get through) and then read it out again fifteen minutes later right up to 10am. If you haven`t worked out that your kids` school is open or closed by then there really is no hope - and who the hell relies on local radio for that sort of information these days anyway?

That and the endless phone-ins (`We`ve got a site booked for our caravan in Newquay in August, will we still be able to go?`).

Just either stick to the bloody (non-fake) news or go back to some semblance of normality in your scheduling.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I think they should be okay for drivers now the department for transport have relaxed the regulations on driving hours for HGV drivers.

That’s what we can’t understand,how can it suddenly be ok to drive stupid hours and who will be at fault when a tired HGV driver plows into the back of a car

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

**** off Tim Martin.

I don't mind anyone who speaks their mind (even if it does upset a few), but he really does seem to have the "it's all about me, and the rest can eff off" attitude. A very strange individual indeed.

1 minute ago, wood_red said:

I don't mind anyone who speaks their mind (even if it does upset a few), but he really does seem to have the "it's all about me, and the rest can eff off" attitude. A very strange individual indeed.

Guaranteed he'll be at the front of the queue for any handouts when they come as well.

20 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Media driven IMO. In these days of 24hr rolling news and the desperation to fill those hours with something this was always going to happen. They need to justify their existence somehow.

I`ve given up listening to local radio (`your community service in this time of crisis `according to Radio Devon yesterday) when the breakfast show consisted of reading out a list of schools that were closed (which took about ten minutes to get through) and then read it out again fifteen minutes later right up to 10am. If you haven`t worked out that your kids` school is open or closed by then there really is no hope - and who the hell relies on local radio for that sort of information these days anyway?

That and the endless phone-ins (`We`ve got a site booked for our caravan in Newquay in August, will we still be able to go?`).

Just either stick to the bloody (non-fake) news or go back to some semblance of normality in your scheduling.

Can't  beat a good " there was 2 inches of snow last night," and therefore the following schools will be closed! It's  an easy story!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

During the election campaign and until a few weeks back I had learned to despise Sunak's toadying manner. He has grown on me a little recently. Seems to be stepping up more than Johnson.

Agree he’s coming across extremely well and sincere. I hate to say the Tories have handled this well

• Admin
3 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

I know people don’t like Boris and conservatives and that is people’s choice. But watching the tv now I am proud I voted for Boris . This is a terrible time for all of us and we need to all pull together regardless of political views . As for the chancellor he has a huge future 

Looking like a PM in the making.....

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

I know people don’t like Boris and conservatives and that is people’s choice. But watching the tv now I am proud I voted for Boris . This is a terrible time for all of us and we need to all pull together regardless of political views . As for the chancellor he has a huge future 

Boris has been worse than useless up to now

• Like 2
  • Flames 1