IGNORED

Brentford new ground will not open on time?

1 hour ago, Robin101 said:

Didn’t realise that their new ground will only hold 17,000. Would have thought they’d be more ambitious than that.

I suppose there is a hell of a lot of competition in London but even so a Premier League club (if they got there) you would expect them to average a hell of a lot more than but Prem clubs don't seem to need a large ground to survive  look at Bournemouth, perhaps as you say they lack ambition and are happy to be a fairly successful championship side and fill the ground. I personally don't think our ground nice as it is would be anywhere big enough if we got there but my opinion seems to be in the minority on this forum but again if we were to have had a 35,000 seater at Ashton vale and went through a bad period the ground would look a bit empty in League one with 13 or 14 thousand it's a hard choice to have to make.

5 minutes ago, Slacker said:

That looks hideous. 

4 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Certainly different!

The top deck of the main stand should give you a great view of the Chiswick flyover. :)  

That has to be one of the worst "fly through" videos I have ever seen.

On 04/04/2020 at 23:09, Robin101 said:

Didn’t realise that their new ground will only hold 17,000. Would have thought they’d be more ambitious than that.

I’d say the complete opposite. Their current Max is around 12k which they fill when doing well. This seems a sensible & realistic growth. 

If Rovers had proposed a realistic 15k capacity stadium, they’d probably have had a decent new home, fit for purpose, decades ago - instead of chasing pie in the sky projects that they really didn’t need. 

Archived