IGNORED

Sad Day

BCFC76

It is very difficult for me to say on this fantastic forum about my Dad who love Bristol City very much and been supporting them since early 70s. Sadly, my Dad was passed away yesterday after he lost his battle with very rare cancer. He was 68 just two days before his 69th birthday. He was season ticket holder with me in Landsown Stand Lower A4 seat 25 in Disabled Bay. He sat with me (I am wheelchair user). He missed whole season this season cos he wasn't well enough to go to Ashton Gate to cheer his beloved team. He always get excited to go to the match with me and have a good old pint of ciders on pre-match. His favourite player was Chris Garland, Gerry Gow, Clive Whitehead and Joe Jordan. 

Now it is going to be hard for me when I go back to Ashton Gate without my Dad.  Cos I have got no ones to come with me as regular. My Dad will be missed. 

20 minutes ago, BCFC76 said:

It is very difficult for me to say on this fantastic forum about my Dad who love Bristol City very much and been supporting them since early 70s. Sadly, my Dad was passed away yesterday after he lost his battle with very rare cancer. He was 68 just two days before his 69th birthday. He was season ticket holder with me in Landsown Stand Lower A4 seat 25 in Disabled Bay. He sat with me (I am wheelchair user). He missed whole season this season cos he wasn't well enough to go to Ashton Gate to cheer his beloved team. He always get excited to go to the match with me and have a good old pint of ciders on pre-match. His favourite player was Chris Garland, Gerry Gow, Clive Whitehead and Joe Jordan. 

Now it is going to be hard for me when I go back to Ashton Gate without my Dad.  Cos I have got no ones to come with me as regular. My Dad will be missed. 

I'm a long standing Swindon fan and very sorry to hear that your dad has passed away. When everything settles down and we have some normality back in our lives try and continue supporting  your team just like your dad would want you to and where you have so many good memories together 

29 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

I'm a long standing Swindon fan and very sorry to hear that your dad has passed away. When everything settles down and we have some normality back in our lives try and continue supporting  your team just like your dad would want you to and where you have so many good memories together 

I have already renewed the season tickets for next season and always support the club. My Dad wouldn’t let me to give up and want me to carry on to cheer the club forever, that what he want and I will do it for myself, Dad, the fans and this beautiful club that I love. Up the City! 

56 minutes ago, BCFC76 said:

Sorry to hear your sad news. May your Dad rest in eternal peace.

Condolences fellow red.

I think for many of us our fathers were our gateway into football.

I know your Saturday rituals will never be the same but you will be back there one day soon and he'll be there in spirit right next to you, everytime you watch.

So sorry to hear such sad news.

In time things will get better, although it probably doesn't seem that way at present.

Try to be strong and remember the good times you had with your dad.

My thoughts are with you fellow red.

My deepest condolences to you @BCFC76. You sound like you have made some wonderful memories which will stay with you forever.

Having lost both parents myself, who were huge City fans too, be assured that they never really are far away. Especially when you  are at places you used to go together like football. It’s been a few years since I lost my Dad,who just about the only thing I had in common was him was football, I used to phone him as soon as I got home from the match and tell him about it. I still miss doing that but have found other ways, if we score a great goal I look to the skies and silently say ‘ you would have enjoyed that one Dad’. You will find a way too.

Take care, we are all thinking of you until the time we can go ‘home’ again. It’s going to be quite emotional for all sorts of reasons.

M x

Rest in peace, I know it means nothing at this point but, in the future, City & Ashton Gate will be a huge positive & a great memory for your father, so try not to see coming to the Gate as a bad thing. I understand that's impossible at the moment.

If there is anything you need then we are all here to help our fellow reds in time of need, don't hesitate to ask.

53 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Condolences fellow red.

I think for many of us our fathers were our gateway into football.

I know your Saturday rituals will never be the same but you will be back there one day soon and he'll be there in spirit right next to you, everytime you watch.

How absolutely right. I was taken at a tender age of 8 to stand on a wooden stool made by dad and placed in front of the Cowshed (Old Stand) Dad was the instigator, as his dad was with him, of my lifelong love affair with Bristol City FC.

Take Heart  @BCFC76 that your dad will be looking down with all our dads every matchday to follow our beloved team when this pandemic is over and he will be just one cheer from you as we enjoy our football at our beloved home.

• Admin

Sorry for your loss, may he rest in peace x

Never feel alone, this forum alone shows what a powerful family we all are. 

We'll make sure between us that you have company should you want to go to a game. If you are ever stuck message me on here I'll more than happily sit with you and am sure there are many others that would do the same. 

Now is about grieving for your sad loss in the future just remember we are all one big football family that go through the good and the bad times together 

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Sorry for your loss, may he rest in peace x

Never feel alone, this forum alone shows what a powerful family we all are. 

We'll make sure between us that you have company should you want to go to a game. If you are ever stuck message me on here I'll more than happily sit with you and am sure there are many others that would do the same. 

Now is about grieving for your sad loss in the future just remember we are all one big football family that go through the good and the bad times together 

100% this.

So sad to hear of your loss mate. 

May your dad RIP

3 hours ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Good on ya mate, a classy post. No time for rivalry in a situation like this.

To BCFC76 - So sorry to hear of your loss & may your dad rest in peace. Stay strong fella.

These things hurt like hell. The trouble is we all take if for granted that our Mums and Dads will always be there. When they pass on its not expected and we miss them badly. But when we get this horrible virus out of the way and footy is back to normal, get down to the Gate and shout your head off for the team as you did with Dad next to you. He'll be up above willing you to enjoy the match as you did with him. COYRs.

4 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Sorry to read this BCFC76. RIP fellow Red.

I'm sure the supporters trust & club can sort something out so that you will be able to watch City. I'm certainly willing to ship in if needed.

All the best

Tommy

Gotta take my hat off to you Tommy :clap:

I'll be honest and say I find some of your posts tough to read sometimes, but nobody can knock your kindness to fellow posters. Good on you mate!

Archived