IGNORED

BBC: Richard Foster on football, his studies, writing a book & wife Amy Macdonald

Mr X

Definitely one of the worst city players I have seen.Would surely be in the squad of poorest Bristol City players .well done dicky boy??

Dark times watching city under Del-boy.Not all of it his fault as he had loads of players he didn’t need or want .However to think Mr Foster would solve some of his problems wasn’t his greatest moment.

Given safe distance of several years, I always find it kind of amusing that players get abuse for not being very good. Attitude, effort etc yes. But if they’re simply not good enough and they’ve been stuck in the side then it’s harsh isn’t it. Liam Fontaine sticks out - by god he got some abuse, but don’t ever recall it was for a lack of effort.

1 hour ago, Robin101 said:

Given safe distance of several years, I always find it kind of amusing that players get abuse for not being very good. Attitude, effort etc yes. But if they’re simply not good enough and they’ve been stuck in the side then it’s harsh isn’t it. Liam Fontaine sticks out - by god he got some abuse, but don’t ever recall it was for a lack of effort.

Fontaine was decent for a number of years too. He should have been dropped sooner, but that wasn't his fault. 

6 hours ago, BristolCity1992 said:

Fontaine was decent for a number of years too. He should have been dropped sooner, but that wasn't his fault. 

4 hours ago, alexukhc said:

Should’ve sold him to Southampton 

Should never have been made captain, that just seemed to put him under more pressure, and think it made him worse.

Shame because before that, he was actually a very decent player.

8 hours ago, Robin101 said:

Ross County currently have Foster and Fontaine in their defence ?

On 04/04/2020 at 13:02, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I could definitely come up with a match day squad of ex City players worse than Richard Foster. He must have some favourable attributes to attract someone like Amy Mcdonald. 

Dunno about that - she's getting on a bit now and must be away quite a lot singing on those cruise ships.....

On 04/04/2020 at 12:21, Victory Park Reds said:

Definitely one of the worst city players I have seen.Would surely be in the squad of poorest Bristol City players .well done dicky boy??

Dark times watching city under Del-boy.Not all of it his fault as he had loads of players he didn’t need or want .However to think Mr Foster would solve some of his problems wasn’t his greatest moment.

He was bad, but that whole squad at the time was putrid. Certainly not the worst I've seen.

Kudos for snagging Amy Mcdonald tidy AF

This probably happens with fans at all football clubs. A player gets slagged a few times and then it becomes fashionable to join in on the slagging. There are so many examples of this happening to City players many without much justification. I give you one - Lee Miller. There people on here who join in on blaming him the missing a sitter at Swindon when they never even saw it.

8 hours ago, southvillekiddy said:

This probably happens with fans at all football clubs. A player gets slagged a few times and then it becomes fashionable to join in on the slagging. There are so many examples of this happening to City players many without much justification. I give you one - Lee Miller. There people on here who join in on blaming him the missing a sitter at Swindon when they never even saw it.

why did you quote my post. I wasnt criticising ?? Hopefully misreading your post....:)

8 hours ago, southvillekiddy said:

Lee Miller. There people on here who join in on blaming him the missing a sitter at Swindon when they never even saw it.

Well, I was stood behind the goal and as proof, I’ve still got the free “plastic bag” which was given out due to the weather conditions!

On 07/04/2020 at 07:04, handsofclay said:

I was getting mixed up with Aimi MacDonald, quite a looker in her time, that time being the sixties and seventies.

Not being in touch with the music scene in the UK anymore and having no idea of the young lady,  I was confused and thinking of the elder Aimi too :laugh:

11 hours ago, southvillekiddy said:

No but foster really was shite. I remember when Mcinnes joined Aberdeen and the fact he had previously signed Foster from them was enough to deeply worry their fan base. 

Him and McManus are the two that really stick out in that period 

8 hours ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

No but foster really was shite. I remember when Mcinnes joined Aberdeen and the fact he had previously signed Foster from them was enough to deeply worry their fan base. 

Him and McManus are the two that really stick out in that period 

At one point, wasn’t our defence Foster-Bates-McManus-McGivern ?

cant work out why we got relegated!

Archived