IGNORED

New music you're listening to

Kid in the Riot

Agree with all regarding Fontaines DC. I'd love to see them live. Dogrel was good but A Hero's Death takes it up a level imo.

Miami by Baxter Dury is a good tune from a few years back. Not new music but I've only just discovered and been getting into Sleaford Mods. Not everybody's cuppa but it's my go to music while running at mo. 

• Like 2

On 07/07/2020 at 10:51, Port Said Red said:

Following on from this, there seems to be a bit of a Dublin scene going on at the moment. I heard this Sprints track yesterday, a pretty good garage/post punk effort.

Cheers for the heads up..good track that..loads of good music coming out of Dublin

• Like 1

On 14/06/2020 at 09:52, redordead1 said:

Glass Violet

Quality new Bristol band. This is Over The Moor, which is a hell of a time.

Another great new single here by a Bristol artist, Gavin Thorpe. Some people on here may already know of Southville resident GT, who has written some brilliant songs over the years, but even though he had a major label record deal years ago, has always gone somewhat under the radar. Probably because he doesn't go in for egotistical self-publicity, or maybe he can't be arsed. The antithesis of the X Factor generation anyway.

Check it though, terrific song...

• Like 3

19 hours ago, City Rocker said:

Another great new single here by a Bristol artist, Gavin Thorpe. Some people on here may already know of Southville resident GT, who has written some brilliant songs over the years, but even though he had a major label record deal years ago, has always gone somewhat under the radar. Probably because he doesn't go in for egotistical self-publicity, or maybe he can't be arsed. The antithesis of the X Factor generation anyway.

thanks for the heads up, love it.

• Like 1

On 12/07/2020 at 13:53, City Rocker said:

It's amazing what is out there by obscure artists. Back in 2009 ( I looked this up and couldn't believe it was that long ago) I bought an album by a band called Orphans and Vandals, they were the brainchild of a guy called Al Joshua who is still recording music and is on Facebook if you are interested. 

The song that got me into them is this one below, when I heard it I played it to my daughter who would have been 19/20 at the time and I think it was the first time she instantly went "oh my god thats amazing".

I don't think I have ever heard anything quite like this before or since. I struggle to understand why some bands go on to make waves and others fall by the wayside, but these days they can at least find an outlet via the internet I guess. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Fantastic brand new music alert: just heard for the first time on 6 Music this delightful new single by Nubya Garcia. An extraordinary 12 minute epic, fusing jazz with a little Jamacan dub. Pretty much all you need for lazing on a sunny afternoon.

When Mary Anne Hobbs put this on I literally had to turn my phone off, stop work and let it play out. Then went and listened all over again on YouTube. Love it.

• Thanks 1

Heard 4 good tunes from a band called Squid on radio 6 which are enough for me to book a ticket to see then in March 2021 in marble factory. 
Check out The tracks Houseplants, the cleaner, match bet and sludge If interested. 
font think they have a full album out yet but guessing there is one due out shortly. Sound like could be pretty raucous live 

they are also on Bill for Bristol music festival ritual Union a couple of dayS earlier If anyone is going to that 

• Like 1

On 26/08/2020 at 13:23, BigTone said:

For you oldies out there I just bought the best of Curved Air. Last weeks offering was Half man Half Biscuit.

****** ell its Fred Titmus

"Back Street Luv?" 

Not an offer, Tone!

Never realised that Stewart Copeland was there pre Police!

15 minutes ago, Midred said:

"Back Street Luv?" 

Not an offer, Tone!

Exactly, Back Street Luv. From memory one of my first single purchases.

Edited by BigTone

5 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

This 77 song album is available for only 24 hours on Bandcamp.  Previously unreleased material from 77 different artists. £19. Excellent value and money goes to a great cause, Voting Rights Lab. https://goodmusic2020.bandcamp.com

Plus it is "Bandcamp Friday" today so all fees are waived from the platform. 

• Like 1

On 28/08/2020 at 19:51, Midred said:

"Back Street Luv?" 

Not an offer, Tone!

Saw them at the Cheese & Grain in 2014.  Sonya ha d put on a bit of weight but they were still sensational.  I confess I first saw Curved Air supporting Sabbath in January 1971...

On 12/07/2020 at 13:53, City Rocker said:

Following on from this it turns out BS3 lad Gavin Thorpe is now on the Radio 2 playlist with his latest single. Good tune, this:

23 hours ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Bicep, Late Night Final and Working Men's Club are my new discoveries this week (but then again I like a bit of dance music)

I like this working men’s club album.

a mate from work has a ticket to a show in Manc with them supporting new order and hot chip. Sounds like a well put together lineup 

think it’s late summer so he is hoping it will be on