IGNORED

Mock Banksy thread

Jerseybean

I like that, surprised Banksy hasn't done something along the NHS lines.

If you want a bit of an experience, go over and stay in his hotel in Palestine (Walled Off Hotel). Superb and surreal.

15 hours ago, wood_red said:

I like that, surprised Banksy hasn't done something along the NHS lines.

If you want a bit of an experience, go over and stay in his hotel in Palestine (Walled Off Hotel). Superb and surreal.

Isn't there also another guest house called "Banksy's" in Bethlehem near to the wall??....not associated though!

27 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Isn't there also another guest house called "Banksy's" in Bethlehem near to the wall??....not associated though!

Yes there is definitely another one not associated with him, unsure what it is like though but I remember seeing it on a program (maybe I seen it on the nativity play that was shown on BBC, directed by Danny Boyle at the hotel). There is also a souvenir shop next door which is nothing to do with him or the hotel but they've named it so people think it is. There is a gift shop inside the hotel, but you need to stay there to buy anything and show ID and it is limited to what you can buy due to people who will just sell for a profit (I still got all mine that I bought).

The Walled Off hotel has loads of his art all over the place, and in each of the rooms. There is a little museum about the history of the conflict as well. We went over there days after Trump declared Jerusalum as the capital so it was kicking off and we were a bit wary at first, we were watching some of the trouble literally stood on the same road - they have no interest in tourists at all so we just carried on as we were and it was completely safe. It did help calm us because we were on a walking tour and the guide could speak to them etc. 

A very surreal experience, and probably the best holiday I have been on, got a taxi outside the hotel to take us on a bit of a tour around with a few stop offs that was cheap, he took us to a bar on the evenings and picked us up. We had a couple of nights in Tel Aviv as well. 

Pretty expensive overall but you won't regret it if you can go over there.

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Could Banksy be about to be revealed?

Graffiti pioneer Andrew Gallagher, 56 is suing "Banksy" on grounds of defamation and in the lawsuit a Robin Gunningham has been named 

We all knew it was him anyways. 

But this 100% confirms it as Gallaghers company is an official authenticator of Banksy works. It seems they had ties until there was a fall out. 

Also, those in the graffiti world, know who Banksy is. Gunningham being named by Gallagher in the lawsuit 100% confirms he is Banksy.

• Like 1

On 03/10/2023 at 13:31, W-S-M Seagull said:

We all knew it was him anyways. 

But this 100% confirms it as Gallaghers company is an official authenticator of Banksy works. It seems they had ties until there was a fall out. 

Also, those in the graffiti world, know who Banksy is. Gunningham being named by Gallagher in the lawsuit 100% confirms he is Banksy.

A mate knew him as a child. Was friends with his brother. Bristol Cathedral School I think. 

I think Banksy's been knocking around so long now that nobody cares who he really is any way. His legacy is cemented whether he remains anonymous or not. What a ledge.

I think the Daily Mail doorsteps Robin G's mum years ago and no one was bothered then.

• Like 1