IGNORED

RIP Norman Hunter

BCFC1512

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

As well as Norman and Terry, we’ve had quite a few ex-Leeds players who have been simply fantastic for us - Bob Taylor, Joe Jordan, John Shaw, Mark Gavin, Mark Aizlewood and Jimmy Mann spring to mind, there’s probably more .... we’ll forget about Neil Kilkenny!

And some who went the other way - Carl Shutt and of course Luke Ayling. There are probably many more but the brain`s gone a bit dead at the moment.

1 hour ago, 1964w said:

I'd forgotten Joe Jordan had played & managed the robins

Who was the best player out of the six you mentioned for your club?

Even though he’s before my time, and it’s because of what he did here as a manager, it’s Terry Cooper. He worked tirelessly rebuilding the club after the financial meltdown of 1982.

He cried after we won the FRT at Wembley in 1986. After such an illustrious career, that puts him right up there for me.

Playing wise, and how people still revered him forty years after he left, then it would be Norman. 

3 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

As well as Norman and Terry, we’ve had quite a few ex-Leeds players who have been simply fantastic for us - Bob Taylor, Joe Jordan, John Shaw, Mark Gavin, Mark Aizlewood and Jimmy Mann spring to mind, there’s probably more .... we’ll forget about Neil Kilkenny!

David Rennie

4 hours ago, 1964w said:

I'd forgotten Joe Jordan had played & managed the robins

Who was the best player out of the six you mentioned for your club?

Bob Taylor - legend! West Brom constantly try to ‘claim his career’ but we put him on the road, he was awesome in our promotion side, goals galore! 34 goals in 47 games in one season .... loved him... loved Big Joe equally though! A superb pro who did so much for our club as player and manager - I couldn’t believe it when we signed him, a Scottish legend who’d scored in three consecutive World Cup Finals tournaments ... 1974, 1978 and 1982 - what a guy ...

On 10/05/2020 at 23:07, BS4 on Tour... said:

Bob Taylor - legend! West Brom constantly try to ‘claim his career’ but we put him on the road, he was awesome in our promotion side, goals galore! 34 goals in 47 games in one season .... loved him... loved Big Joe equally though! A superb pro who did so much for our club as player and manager - I couldn’t believe it when we signed him, a Scottish legend who’d scored in three consecutive World Cup Finals tournaments ... 1974, 1978 and 1982 - what a guy ...

Over the year you've signed some terrific players.

Bob Taylor was very good striker. Loved Joe, was really sad when Manure signed him & McQueen who were our future replacing Big Jack & Mick Jones

On 10/05/2020 at 20:24, Lanterne Rouge said:

Are you aware of any planned memorial service for Norman once all this virus stuff is behind us? I`m sure a few of us would like to attend if there was something done.

Not heard anything yet Lanterne

On 10/05/2020 at 20:15, BS15_RED said:

Even though he’s before my time, and it’s because of what he did here as a manager, it’s Terry Cooper. He worked tirelessly rebuilding the club after the financial meltdown of 1982.

He cried after we won the FRT at Wembley in 1986. After such an illustrious career, that puts him right up there for me.

Playing wise, and how people still revered him forty years after he left, then it would be Norman. 

Terry Cooper is one of the best attacking full-backs I've seen, I'm sure at the time TC would be considered world class.

I moderate on a Leeds forum, we are running a poll on our best players in their respective positions, we are currently doing Leeds United's best left-back. CB's coming up soon which will certainly feature Norman at the top I suspect!

Here is the link :

Best Leeds United Left-Back - Anymore votes in by 12pm Thursday

6 hours ago, 1964w said:

Terry Cooper is one of the best attacking full-backs I've seen, I'm sure at the time TC would be considered world class.

I moderate on a Leeds forum, we are running a poll on our best players in their respective positions, we are currently doing Leeds United's best left-back. CB's coming up soon which will certainly feature Norman at the top I suspect!

Here is the link :

Best Leeds United Left-Back - Anymore votes in by 12pm Thursday

I see from reading on your link that TC came out on top! 

4 hours ago, BS15_RED said:

I see from reading on your link that TC came out on top! 

Comfortably won it & deservedly so, always remember TC bombing down the wing particularly under the floodlights, great memories!

Jack Charlton leading the way in part one of the CB poll, pretty sure Hunter will be accompanying Big Jack in the next poll

Archived