IGNORED

Barcelona problems

phantom

• Admin

SIX directors have resigned from the board with one of them claiming corruption has been going on and that "someone has had their hand in the till"

In response the club are threatening legal action 

Reported that there has been angry discussions between the players and the board over a 70% paycut during the Coronavirus pandemic 

The current President has been accused of hiring a social media team to smear potential future presidential candidates and current and former players 

The six departing directors have signed a joint letter asking for the presidential elections to be held as soon as possible 

• Admin
37 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

There always has and likely always will be corruption, foul play and greed in the Latin world that surpasses most of the rest of the world in a significant way. Its in the DNA. 

I know what you mean. But Latin is Italy? 

Catalans seem to be a law to themselves 

12 hours ago, Kingswood Robin said:

I hope Bristol Sport doesn't base itself too much on the Barcelona model

Think the model down the years has been pretty sound but seems to have certainly lost its way now and in recent times.

9 hours ago, havanatopia said:

There always has and likely always will be corruption, foul play and greed in the Latin world that surpasses most of the rest of the world in a significant way. Its in the DNA. 

In the DNA? Not exactly xenophobia but it's garbage. Load of one-eyed broad brush rubbish.

4 hours ago, Porto Red said:

Why is Spanish-speaking South America referred to as "Latin America"?

The Latin in Latin America doesn't refer to Spanish, but as @BigTone says speaking Spanish, Portuguese, French. So Argentina speak Spanish, but Brazil speak Portuguese and are both Latin countries.

9 minutes ago, grifty said:

The Latin in Latin America doesn't refer to Spanish, but as @BigTone says speaking Spanish, Portuguese, French. So Argentina speak Spanish, but Brazil speak Portuguese and are both Latin countries.

My point was that the Latin in Latin America doesn't only refer to Italy as per @phantom's post, but also to France, Spain, Portugal, ie the countries speaking languages descended primarily from Latin. I was not saying that Latin = Spanish.

15 hours ago, Kingswood Robin said:

I hope Bristol Sport doesn't base itself too much on the Barcelona model

It sounds like another Bristol football outfit might be though......hands in till, fraud, supporters and president making allegations. Sounds familiar.....obviously Barcelona is on a smaller scale as they are not as popular as the other outfit

15 minutes ago, Buster Footman's T shirt said:

It sounds like another Bristol football outfit might be though......hands in till, fraud, supporters and president making allegations. Sounds familiar.....obviously Barcelona is on a smaller scale as they are not as popular as the other outfit

Barcas' ground is a dump too, another obvious comparison.

I was genuinely amazed how run down the Camp nou was when I went there in January.

Interesting example of Casual prejudice in the post by @havanatopia .

Given kind of tax havens under UK jurisdictions one way or another, it's all very subjective- no surprise coming from that poster however.

People saying we don't want to be much like their model are laughable tbh. Granted the current iteration has some issues, but for years it was a world beating or at least top of the range side, sporting structure and a top class academy.

UNICEF on the shirts free of charge. This was during its high water mark granted and it's undoubtedly fallen since then- on the pitch but more importantly with respect to similarities or differences, off it.

Clearly not everything about their model is good and some difficult times right now but trust me, Bristol Sport is a longgggg way off that.

13 hours ago, phantom said:

I know what you mean. But Latin is Italy? 

Catalans seem to be a law to themselves 

What does that even mean.

For the record, a minority, maybe small, or maybe moderate but anyway a minority of Catalans want out of Spain, history etc etc and have for years- not sure what relevance that bit has here but it's a point.

15 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Totally unfair. The Greeks started it!

Equo ne credite, Teucri! Quidquid id est, timeo Danaos et dona ferentis.

12 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Totally unfair. The Greeks started it!

Equo ne credite, Teucri! Quidquid id est, timeo Danaos et dona ferentis.

That's easy for you to say!

23 hours ago, phantom said:

SIX directors have resigned from the board with one of them claiming corruption has been going on and that "someone has had their hand in the till"

In response the club are threatening legal action 

Reported that there has been angry discussions between the players and the board over a 70% paycut during the Coronavirus pandemic 

The current President has been accused of hiring a social media team to smear potential future presidential candidates and current and former players 

The six departing directors have signed a joint letter asking for the presidential elections to be held as soon as possible 

I was there watching Barcelona last month against Real Sociedad, there was two big white hanky, whistling and booing demonstrations against the President before and during the game. The fans were clearly not happy with something he had said or done. 

2 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Barcas' ground is a dump too, another obvious comparison.

I was genuinely amazed how run down the Camp nou was when I went there in January.

I went there in February, In my opinion it was a bit run down, but not a dump. 

There was a definite awe about the place, and a really good atmosphere. 

2 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

I went there in February, In my opinion it was a bit run down, but not a dump. 

There was a definite awe about the place, and a really good atmosphere. 

An aura most certainly but seeing nets capturing the debris where the concrete is falling away made me disappointed. It's crumbling!

25 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

An aura most certainly but seeing nets capturing the debris where the concrete is falling away made me disappointed. It's crumbling!

Can understand your disappointment, as it's a well known fact that strong canvas is much better at capturing debris from a crumbling ruin.

1529596918_memstad.jpg.361af2d6578132e4e8024f03631e52d2.jpg

Archived