IGNORED

Stand up for the NHS

myol'man

2 hours ago, myol'man said:

For the first minute of the first game back, let's see and hear the whole of Ashton Gate join in :clap:

Spread the word to other clubs, let's see and hear every ground in the country join in 

What would Rovers fans do to show their appreciation though..?

12 minutes ago, Super said:

Stand up if you hate China 2nd minute?

The Ruling Party have everything to answer for - even now their incessant lies seem to be lapped up by the Western Media. Why are all foreign jornalists banned from China? Why is state sponsored racism & Xenophobia so rife in China? Never forget.

I'd add stand up if you hate the WHO 3rd minute.

Having spent my entire working life in the NHS I have some understanding of the mindset nurses and doctors have particularly when in  pressure situations such as now with C-19 ******* up our day to day life and taking others lives.

In a tough situation team work is essential and being within that team gives the individual a huge sense of belonging and even during time off work is uppermost in their minds and they want to be back in front line ASAP.

Its an odd phenomenon for sure but similar in some ways to wartime when everyone pulls together.
These NHS workers are simply doing what is expected of them and I daresay many are surprised at the amount of applause and national love they’re receiving.

I know I would be.

7 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

The Ruling Party have everything to answer for - even now their incessant lies seem to be lapped up by the Western Media. Why are all foreign jornalists banned from China? Why is state sponsored racism & Xenophobia so rife in China? Never forget.

Can you explain this? Seems our governments fault of not following WHO guidelines on testing has cost us thousands of lives. 

1 hour ago, marcofisher said:

Can you explain this? Seems our governments fault of not following WHO guidelines on testing has cost us thousands of lives. 

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Can only assume @Sleepy1968 is putting political views above the situation.

when it comes to criticism of the WHOs relationship with China it is based on facts.

https://youtu.be/Iu3lm0W6saU

Watching it now. All sources have their bias and Carlson on Fox will be no exception- then again, liberal sources also have bias.

Certainly sounds like there have been some failings on the part of both China and the WHO. Plus China dangerous? Certainly- but they did lock down China

Will take Fox with a bit of a pinch of salt though, or at least not take it as gospel.

Surely the lockdown of Wuhan isolated it significantly and quite quickly? That said, I'm not altogether sure I trust the Chinese figures.

46 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Watching it now. All sources have their bias and Carlson on Fox will be no exception- then again, liberal sources also have bias.

Certainly sounds like there have been some failings on the part of both China and the WHO. Plus China dangerous? Certainly- but they did lock down China

Will take Fox with a bit of a pinch of salt though, or at least not take it as gospel.

Surely the lockdown of Wuhan isolated it significantly and quite quickly? That said, I'm not altogether sure I trust the Chinese figures.

You are right, when it comes to media no one political leaning is better than the other and they all push agendas. But the Skype call is bare of agenda and proves an undeniable bias from the WHO, they flat out refuse to not just criticise China but say anything at all, no matter how minor, that could offend them, including not recognising Taiwan as its own country. All this despite there being obvious mis judgements in regards to the early handling of this virus, and the Chinese figures that have now been proven false. 

13 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Add to the fact the Chinese Dr who whistle blowed over COVID-19 is now dead..

21 hours ago, myol'man said:

For the first minute of the first game back, let's see and hear the whole of Ashton Gate join in :clap:

Spread the word to other clubs, let's see and hear every ground in the country join in 

That's nice, thanks, but by the 2nd home game it'll be the 'no win no fee' solicitors turn. Not sure this'll change society quite that much.

9 hours ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

when it comes to criticism of the WHOs relationship with China it is based on facts.

https://youtu.be/Iu3lm0W6saU

Fancy that, the Conservative based news channel finds a political angle to slap the WHO with after the party it supports ignores its guidelines and has the highest number of deaths across the world.

WHO had been warning us and the USA far before the outbreaks of what was going to happen, both leaders decided to stick their head in the sand for economic reason.

The blame for these deaths, which have nothing to do with Taiwan’s membership of the WHO, lies solely at the door of these leaders. 

12 hours ago, Robbored said:

Having spent my entire working life in the NHS I have some understanding of the mindset nurses and doctors have particularly when in  pressure situations such as now with C-19 ******* up our day to day life and taking others lives.

In a tough situation team work is essential and being within that team gives the individual a huge sense of belonging and even during time off work is uppermost in their minds and they want to be back in front line ASAP.

Its an odd phenomenon for sure but similar in some ways to wartime when everyone pulls together.
These NHS workers are simply doing what is expected of them and I daresay many are surprised at the amount of applause and national love they’re receiving.

I know I would be.

Would appreciate your thoughts on the various fund raising efforts people are involved with.

Whilst I quite agree that if the NHS need funds to get equipment or buy something extra it's nice to offer some support, given the amount of government cash that they are throwing at the problems in a reactionary way, do you have stronger feelings on either of the following positions over the other.

1 - I think it's great people are donating to NHS charities, make you feel appreciated.

2 - I wish it was unnecessary and that the appropriate funding had been there from the start, it is taxpayer funded after all.

Of course, you might not have a one over the other preference but I was curious.

Also have to wonder if other charities (for example CHSW) who rely on donations have seen a drop in funding as people react to the demands being put on the NHS.

28 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Would appreciate your thoughts on the various fund raising efforts people are involved with.

1 - I think it's great people are donating to NHS charities, make you feel appreciated.

I think it’s helpful to those who are currently raising money for the NHS. It would certainly enhance their sense of making a contribution to what is a serious national crisis. I wasn’t aware that there were charities that donate to the NHS.

2 - I wish it was unnecessary and that the appropriate funding had been there from the start, it is taxpayer funded after all.

Absolutely right. However the NHS has always been a huge drain on the national economy regardless of which party is in power. There is never ever enough money. It’s a political tennis ball

2 hours ago, marcofisher said:

Fancy that, the Conservative based news channel finds a political angle to slap the WHO with after the party it supports ignores its guidelines and has the highest number of deaths across the world.

WHO had been warning us and the USA far before the outbreaks of what was going to happen, both leaders decided to stick their head in the sand for economic reason.

The blame for these deaths, which have nothing to do with Taiwan’s membership of the WHO, lies solely at the door of these leaders. 

The only person putting a political spin on this is you. I don’t get my news from Fox, nor am I putting the blame for deaths at anyone’s feet, I was simply suggesting that questioning the relationship between WHO and China (as it came up) is not something to be swept under the carpet. On this occasion it is not conspiracy, it’s based on fact, yours or my political leanings have nothing to do with it. 

As said above, it’s disrespectful for this conversation to take place on this thread. I apologise and wholeheartedly support the OPs idea. 

20 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Until the C-19 outbreak I wasn’t aware of any charities that were designed specially to  donate funds to the NHS.

It's a strange one, both charities that support both the NHS and military causes, whilst I have no real problem helping people who need help, I am uncomfortable paying extra to a function that my taxation should be funding in the first place.

With part of me wondering if the public didn't generously donate, would the government find the money to support former soldiers and those who live in an area of the UK where a kidney machine might be required.

39 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Shame this thread had to turn into a political, point scoring, slanging match.

Just cheering the NHS staff was all that I was asking.

Not entirely myol’man.  

Yes of course there are elements of political point scoring but having a  thread celebrating the NHS given the current difficult situation is a very worthy one.

Archived