IGNORED

Stand up for the NHS

myol'man

On 11/04/2020 at 23:31, Robbored said:

Having spent my entire working life in the NHS I have some understanding of the mindset nurses and doctors have particularly when in  pressure situations such as now with C-19 ******* up our day to day life and taking others lives.

In a tough situation team work is essential and being within that team gives the individual a huge sense of belonging and even during time off work is uppermost in their minds and they want to be back in front line ASAP.

Its an odd phenomenon for sure but similar in some ways to wartime when everyone pulls together.
These NHS workers are simply doing what is expected of them and I daresay many are surprised at the amount of applause and national love they’re receiving.

I know I would be.

Being a counsellor in the NHS is a bit different than being a front line nurse in a covid19 ward let me tell you. 

If you think that NHS workers are just doing bwhats expected of them I think you so far detached from reality and must have been retired a long time.

My wife who is a nurse in a treatment room in a doctor's surgery in North Somerset has been re diverted to a covid19 ward in BRI. And let me tell you although she's proud to work for the NHS she also is shit scared of going to work 4 days a week. So it's not business as usual as you say and they would be surprised they know this is a different ball game like the rest of us.

Having spent my entire working life in the NHS I have some understanding of the mindset nurses and doctors have particularly when in  pressure situations such as now with C-19 ******* up our day to day life and taking others lives.

In a tough situation team work is essential and being within that team gives the individual a huge sense of belonging and even during time off work is uppermost in their minds and they want to be back in front line ASAP.

Its an odd phenomenon for sure but similar in some ways to wartime when everyone pulls together.
These NHS workers are simply doing what is expected of them and I daresay many are surprised at the amount of applause and national love they’re receiving.

I know I would be.

An interesting view point.

I'm partly employed by the NHS (50%) and manage OTs, Social Workers, nurses and Physios who work on the ward at the local community hospital who have seen a significant Covid outbreak.  3 staff have displayed symptoms of Covid and have been off work without being offered a test so we'll never know if they ever had it.  However, I have to pay the greatest tribute to them because they have selflessly gone onto the wards and done what was asked of them in the early days before PPE became as readily available as it is now.  Before they went onto the wards, I spoke to them at some length about the risks of going into (what was then) a potential Covid environment and none of them flinched or expressed concerns.  I jokingly thanked them for their sacrifices and now feel guilty for being so flippant.  Thankfully, none of them had a dose bad enough to hospitalise them but they became ill nonetheless.

And most significantly, my wife recently finished treatment for cancer and has received a letter telling her to self isolate for 12 weeks.  She is a Dietetics manager and manages staff who have to go into ICU/ITU to insert feeding tubes.  She is back at work because she knows that she simply has to "do her bit" (and she has had the advice that she doesn't have to self-isolate).

So, are people doing what is expected of them?  To some extent yes, but more importantly, they want to do it.  And I for one am eternally grateful and proud.

1 hour ago, ITK..... said:

Being a counsellor in the NHS is a bit different than being a front line nurse in a covid19 ward let me tell you. 

If you think that NHS workers are just doing bwhats expected of them I think you so far detached from reality and must have been retired a long time.

My wife who is a nurse in a treatment room in a doctor's surgery in North Somerset has been re diverted to a covid19 ward in BRI. And let me tell you although she's proud to work for the NHS she also is shit scared of going to work 4 days a week. So it's not business as usual as you say and they would be surprised they know this is a different ball game like the rest of us.

Of course.......but I wasn’t always a counsellor. Before doing my counsellor training  I spent 18 years on the wards so I’m pretty well qualified to comment on the mindset of the medical/nursing staff within the NHS. Even tho I’ve been retired 10 years I seriously doubt that mindset has changed that much.

If I was still in the NHS and working with C-19 patients I’d feel just as scared as your wife  but just as she does I’d still go into the ward despite my worry. Why? - because I’d have the mindset of being a member of a vital team that utilises my skills to provide  care and help save lives.

Ask your wife that despite being scared of catching C-19 why she still goes in to face the frontline?  
She has the NHS mindset is why. She’s doing the job she trained for and wants to do what’s expected of her as all the team are.

She’s dedicated and committed to her profession as they all are.

On 11/04/2020 at 16:13, Sleepy1968 said:

The Ruling Party have everything to answer for - even now their incessant lies seem to be lapped up by the Western Media. Why are all foreign jornalists banned from China? Why is state sponsored racism & Xenophobia so rife in China? Never forget.

I'd add stand up if you hate the WHO 3rd minute.

WHO ****** up believing China or taking them at face value, whatever if was.

Nonetheless, test, test, test, trace and so on- sound advice tbh. 

Mistake to disregard or dismiss the WHO based on China based error IMO.

On 12/04/2020 at 13:14, Bouncearoundtheground said:

The only person putting a political spin on this is you. I don’t get my news from Fox, nor am I putting the blame for deaths at anyone’s feet, I was simply suggesting that questioning the relationship between WHO and China (as it came up) is not something to be swept under the carpet. On this occasion it is not conspiracy, it’s based on fact, yours or my political leanings have nothing to do with it. 

As said above, it’s disrespectful for this conversation to take place on this thread. I apologise and wholeheartedly support the OPs idea. 

I wasn't intending on politicising anything, just calling out the original poster for spreading such unrelated and unnecessary political vitriol on here.

I know I would be.

I'm not so sure the pennies dropped for you yet..

Archived