IGNORED

Atlas of City players

AberRed

I must question a few nominees here. 

Can we make it more specific? They have to have been born in that country.

So, bye bye Tommy Doc, (pity as he was great. A prospective Sir Gerry Gow in the making), Callum O'Dowda  et all.

Hello Smith and McGivern (Norn Iron).

I also give you Tony Rougier-Trinidad and  Tobego. I'm sure there's someone else from here but....!

45 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

Nick Carle and the superb David Seal- Australia

Also from Holland/Netherlands Gert Meyer

Along with Paul Agostino and Luke Wilkshere

I do remember one long sleepless night trying to come up with a player we`d had from a country starting with every letter of the alphabet. I think the only ones I couldn`t get were Q, U, Y and X.

Notable big/biggish footballing nations that we don't (yet) seem to have found a City player from include Argentina, Mexico, Columbia, Russia, Turkey, Greece, Romania, Bulgaria, Morrocco or any of the far east countries such as Japan, South Korea, China etc. Will keep trying.

4 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Libya - Jehad Muntasser

Zimbabwe - Henry McKop

Sierra Leone - Leroy Rosenior

I had a feeling, though might be totally wrong, that Muntasser could have qualified for 3 or 4 countries.  Looked on his Wiki page, seems that he is the grandson of a former Libyan Prime Minister (not Gadaffi!)

Y=Yugoslavia. Milan Duric was born in Yugoslavia in 1990. Bosnia became a country in 1992. I thank you!

U = United Kingdom (take your pick. Can also include any Norn Iron player)

I'm working on Q!

19 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Along with Paul Agostino and Luke Wilkshere

I do remember one long sleepless night trying to come up with a player we`d had from a country starting with every letter of the alphabet. I think the only ones I couldn`t get were Q, U, Y and X.

31 minutes ago, New Dazzler said:

Notable big/biggish footballing nations that we don't (yet) seem to have found a City player from include Argentina, Mexico, Columbia, Russia, Turkey, Greece, Romania, Bulgaria, Morrocco or any of the far east countries such as Japan, South Korea, China etc. Will keep trying.

The women's team have Jeon Ga-Eul from Korea, if that helps.

23 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

I must question a few nominees here. 

Can we make it more specific? They have to have been born in that country.

So, bye bye Tommy Doc, (pity as he was great. A prospective Sir Gerry Gow in the making), Callum O'Dowda  et all.

Hello Smith and McGivern (Norn Iron).

I also give you Tony Rougier-Trinidad and  Tobego. I'm sure there's someone else from here but....!

Christ! If you had, to be born in the country ROI would struggle to field 11.

Archived