IGNORED

Favourite places

BigTone

11 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Visit: Any one of the Yorkshire Dales, Gower Peninsula, Pembrokeshire, Northumbria, Cornwall, Isles of Scilly.

All outstanding places and I'm more than satisfied by what Britain has to offer.

For the daily grind I've always been content with Bristol but increasingly drawn to the idea of buying up a smallholding somewhere like Dartmoor/ elsewhere in Devon in the next few years.

And produce Giant Turnips .

5 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Visit: Any one of the Yorkshire Dales, Gower Peninsula, Pembrokeshire, Northumbria, Cornwall, Isles of Scilly.

s.

I didn't realise how unspoiled the Gower was until last year. Right on the doorstep of Swansea and industrial Wales, but with miles of winding roads, lovely hamlets, nice pubs and bags of sandy beaches.  It was like Cornwall without the crowds.

A very good call, Nogbad!

Indeed Robbo, though I went to the Gower several times as a child I didn't return until a few years ago.

The whole of the Gower is beautiful, the pubs are great, the locals friendly, and It's hard to imagine a better place to be than sitting outside the Worms Head Hotel overlooking the magnificent expanse of Rhossili beach and Worms Head itself.

6 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Indeed Robbo, though I went to the Gower several times as a child I didn't return until a few years ago.

The whole of the Gower is beautiful, the pubs are great, the locals friendly, and It's hard to imagine a better place to be than sitting outside the Worms Head Hotel overlooking the magnificent expanse of Rhossili beach and Worms Head itself.

One of the unspoiled beaches, great walks and good pubs I was thinking of.

Archived