IGNORED

Players who turned to shit when they signed for us

Unan

1 hour ago, headhunter said:

Nicky Shorey - stole a wage in the 14 games he played during 2013/14

Was already on the downer, hence Reading got rid. He didnt get worse when we signed him, Shorey used to be quality, but his legs were well gone. 

3 hours ago, RedSkin said:

Goal scoring, yes, but he always put a shift in. I liked him as a player.  

Glad to see that someone else agrees with me about Liam Robinson.

I wandered into the Glass House, Nailsea one Monday evening only to see Mark Shail having a bevvy with a couple of others who had their backs to me. I went up to our Swedish player and apologised for interrupting but asked him if he could tell Liam, next time he sees him, to say that I really appreciate the effort he puts in and to ignore the boo boys. 

Mark looked at me and said, "You can tell him yourself, he's right here!"

Rule One = always check out whose back you're looking at!

15 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

Glad to see that someone else agrees with me about Liam Robinson.

I wandered into the Glass House, Nailsea one Monday evening only to see Mark Shail having a bevvy with a couple of others who had their backs to me. I went up to our Swedish player and apologised for interrupting but asked him if he could tell Liam, next time he sees him, to say that I really appreciate the effort he puts in and to ignore the boo boys. 

Mark looked at me and said, "You can tell him yourself, he's right here!"

Rule One = always check out whose back you're looking at!

Robinson was a very hard worker. Loved playing against the Posh that season too!

9 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

Sorry mate, got to disagree with you picking Gary Emmanuel. Great shot and a midfield enforcer (well that's how I remember him)

I do remember an away game at Swindon which he dominated, had the whole Town end singing his name ???

Getting your Emanuels mixed up mate - it`s John you`re thinking of (he was good). Gary only played twice for us and was complete shite as anyone who was at THAT Bournemouth away game will testify!

Ah, the centre half we sold to Luton who gave him a shirt with 40 on it. Everyone called him Lightbulb.    :D

My player who stands out for under-delivering was Ralph Milne. Eleven men went out into the pitch but only ten ran off at the end.    :blink:        He went missing in action somewhere in the game. Why Sir Alex decided to buy him from us defeats even the greatest minds...

On 13/04/2020 at 17:16, pillred said:

Ryan Kent?

Yes, that his name. Think we had a bad deal with Liverpool, Kent had to play certain time in starting eleven.Its the only reason I can think of, he started often and I dont think he sat a foot right in all games he played. Probably he went on and did, do better.

Archived