IGNORED

The worst thing you think a city player has ever done (possibly allegedly)

Unan

9 minutes ago, Akira said:

Really? Ronaldo set to become the first footballer worth £1 billion... And he's under 40 years old, looking like he does. Still plenty of time to 'have fun'. I know between Tommy docs career and Ronaldo whose I'd rather have! 

You can't actually spend £1bn.

Why pile it up?

30 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

You can't actually spend £1bn.

Why pile it up?

I guess You need to meet my wife she will show you in one weekend that yes you can.

ps if you have a billion I am willing to show you how as well (left out ending as thought it was inappropriate in current times). 

11 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

Tommy Doc was once hauled off by Tins at half time and was drinking in the Tobacco Factory bar at full time! 

You wouldnt' get that nowadays!

Well, of course not.

Like many other similar establishments, The Tobacco Factory has been obliged to close due to this Corona Virus thing....

14 hours ago, RedEd73 said:

John Bailey (allegedly)!

JB used to come in the Buffet on platform 3 at Temple Meads after a match. Three pints straight down then train back to Liverpool. (Not Allegedly)  Nice bloke to speak to. One of the Peter Carol Coach drivers I spoke to used to room with him on away games. He'd turn in at 3 in the morning then play the next day. (Allegedly). None of those who played in those times were any worse than the Super fit players of today in my opinion.

4 hours ago, CodeRed said:

Worst thing ever by a City player?

Has to be County Ground Swindon, Stratton Bank, Lee Miller .......FFS. How did he Not score, ANYONE between 9 and 90 and less than 9 hours dead scores that open goal.....

I jumped up and turned away to celebrate and was still doing so when the play had reached the halfway line. I couldn't understand why play was continuing.  How small things change history. If that had gone in City would probably got automatic promotion, so no awful playoff defeat at Cardiff and no sack for Danny Wilson.

On 14/04/2020 at 11:15, Bar BS3 said:

Steve Phillips. 
David Clarkson. 
Lee Matthews.

Jason Roberts

Danny Coles

Gavin Williams

There are a few others, but none that really counted.

“None that really counted” - how young are you???! 

Ray Cashley

Donnie Gillies

Terry Cooper

Trevor Morgan

Mark Little

...etc

8 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

“None that really counted” - how young are you???! 

Ray Cashley

Donnie Gillies

Terry Cooper

Trevor Morgan

Mark Little

...etc

Born in 79, so didn't count those I'd not seen and Mark Little is doing a decent job in helping them go bust. 

On 14/04/2020 at 22:11, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Christian Roberts’s autobiography reveals a lot about the drinking culture of the Danny Wilson years, some of it quite astonishing...

Is his book any good?

2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Born in 79, so didn't count those I'd not seen and Mark Little is doing a decent job in helping them go bust. 

Fair enough, but you said “there were others but none that really counted” - that’s something completely different - people like Terry Cooper definitely count - a proper City legend ...

49 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Fair enough, but you said “there were others but none that really counted” - that’s something completely different - people like Terry Cooper definitely count - a proper City legend ...

Of course he's counts and is a legend. So much so that his involvement with Rovers doesn't really count. 

Another being Alan Walsh. 

5 hours ago, poland_exile said:

haha :D I vaguely remember a small group of us singing the Neighbours theme tune at one Gloucester Cup match, but all other events surrounding this whole thing have vanished with time! 

I vaguely remember him being stopped in his car by the Police and him allegedly using the Ali G defence. Mind you, back then he was probably right!

30 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I vaguely remember him being stopped in his car by the Police and him allegedly using the Ali G defence. Mind you, back then he was probably right!

I saw someone was impersonating Devon himself on Facebook and he had to tell the police it wasn’t him ?

Surprised nobody has mentioned an incident outside an old club in central Bristol called "Scamps". A well known Scottish terrier of a midfielder tried to set the doors on fire after being refused entry, allegedly.

Archived