IGNORED

The worst thing you've seen a City player do on the pitch

Unan

Gordon Parr coming on as sub on a Friday night against Carlisle. We were three or four nil down at the time and Stan Bowles had hit three. In the first minute on arriving he belted SB straight in the kisser , he went down like a sack of shit, spark out !  Unbelievably neither ref or lino spotted it. In the players bar after Gordon merely said....... "No one takes the piss out of Bristol City ." !:clap:

18 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Gordon Parr coming on as sub on a Friday night against Carlisle. We were three or four nil down at the time and Stan Bowles had hit three. In the first minute on arriving he belted SB straight in the kisser , he went down like a sack of shit, spark out !  Unbelievably neither ref or lino spotted it. In the players bar after Gordon merely said....... "No one takes the piss out of Bristol City ." !:clap:

On a similar line, Carl Shutt in the play off game at Walsall. City had a corner right in front of us, and as the taker floated it in, Shutt just punched goalkeeper Fred Barber square in the face. Obviously got sent off.

24 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

What was the worst thing you've seen?

19 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Norman Hunter. Stuart Boam big unit at the back for Boro had just taken Clive Whitehead out, Norman  was wagging his finger at Boam.

Couple of minutes later he received the ball out wide, open end next to the Dolman.

Hunter arrives on our right wing and puts Boam into the brickwork of the Dolman. Great back in the day no booking just  sorry Ref I got there as soon as I could.

1 hour ago, Seneca the Younger said:

This lockdown thing is very boring and tedious but also vitally important - superb that you’ve put all your energies into posting on here Chief - on my current home screens for both iPhone and iPad you’ve started 7 threads in the last couple of days - fair play to you - quite a feat! 

9 hours ago, ITK..... said:

Ian Baird giving the two finger salute to the home fans after being sent off. 

Great minds the alike....big question is I thought it was two fingers not one! 

Was definitely one, i can still see it now... the idiot had just jumped into ruud gullit who was majestic and the city fans were enjoying gullits performance a lot more than bairds!!!

what with owen, etoo and suarez too we have seen some truly world class players at ashton gate!!

9 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

This lockdown thing is very boring and tedious but also vitally important - superb that you’ve put all your energies into posting on here Chief - on my current home screens for both iPhone and iPad you’ve started 7 threads in the last couple of days - fair play to you - quite a feat! 

Taking over my life a bit to be honest. Reading some Michel De Montaigne, easy light reading, or so it should be, but all I can think about is should I post "Players that nearly signed but didn't" or "Games you remember fondly that ultimately didn't mean very much" first?!?

2 hours ago, Seneca the Younger said:

Taking over my life a bit to be honest. Reading some Michel De Montaigne, easy light reading, or so it should be, but all I can think about is should I post "Players that nearly signed but didn't" or "Games you remember fondly that ultimately didn't mean very much" first?!?

You’re coming up with some fine topics!

Archived