IGNORED

Relegated 11

The Batman

Talking to a friend of mine over the weekend, he didn't realise that Roy Keane was relegated with Forest back in 1993. He thought he was already at united when it happened. Made me think if I could put together a decent Relegated 11 side. 

Michael Owen, former balloon d'or winner, relegated with Newcastle in 2009 along with Coloccini, Nicky Butt and Damien duff. 

Middlesbrough went down with Juninho and Ravinelli

Southgate with Crystal Palace, Harry Maguire with Hull City.  Centre back pairing there. 

Kevin-Prince Boateng, David James, Steve finnan and nwankwo Kanu with Portsmouth in 2010.

West ham had some good players when they went down, Carrick, defoe, Joe Cole, Di canio. 

Just a few high profile names to get the brain working.

Anyone fancy putting together the best team of 11 relegatees? 

On 14/04/2020 at 12:08, The Batman said:

Talking to a friend of mine over the weekend, he didn't realise that Roy Keane was relegated with Forest back in 1993. He thought he was already at united when it happened. Made me think if I could put together a decent Relegated 11 side. 

Michael Owen, former balloon d'or winner, relegated with Newcastle in 2009 along with Coloccini, Nicky Butt and Damien duff. 

Middlesbrough went down with Juninho and Ravinelli

Southgate with Crystal Palace, Harry Maguire with Hull City.  Centre back pairing there. 

Kevin-Prince Boateng, David James, Steve finnan and nwankwo Kanu with Portsmouth in 2010.

West ham had some good players when they went down, Carrick, defoe, Joe Cole, Di canio. 

Just a few high profile names to get the brain working.

Anyone fancy putting together the best team of 11 relegatees? 

Gerry Gow was relegated with a tinpot West Country club in 1980 ... 

Georgi Kinkladze was relegated with Man City ... and Stuart Pearce and Nigel Clough also went down with Forest ... Pat Jennings and Glenn Hoddle went down with Spurs ...

6 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Gerry Gow was relegated with a tinpot West Country club in 1980 ... 

Georgi Kinkladze was relegated with Man City ... and Stuart Pearce and Nigel Clough also went down with Forest ... Pat Jennings and Glenn Hoddle went down with Spurs ...

Man Utd in 1974 - George Best, Alex Stepney, Martin Buchan, Brian Greenhoff, Lou Macari, David Sadler, Sammy McIlroy, Stewart Houston, Jim Holton, Gerry Daly, Brian Kidd, Willie Morgan, Jim McCalliog and George Graham all played 10+ league games that season. Makes you wonder how they managed it!

37 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Man Utd in 1974 - George Best, Alex Stepney, Martin Buchan, Brian Greenhoff, Lou Macari, David Sadler, Sammy McIlroy, Stewart Houston, Jim Holton, Gerry Daly, Brian Kidd, Willie Morgan, Jim McCalliog and George Graham all played 10+ league games that season. Makes you wonder how they managed it!

Alex Stepney was top scorer at one stage, he took the penalties! 

1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

That David Sadler was a damn fine player - underrated and overshadowed by those around him 

11 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

That David Sadler was a damn fine player - underrated and overshadowed by those around him 

Too many good centre halves around at the same time did for him I reckon. He was always going to be behind Jack Charlton and Bobby Moore - he should have got a lot more than four England caps though.

He`s 74 now - God that makes me feel old!

18 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Too many good centre halves around at the same time did for him I reckon. He was always going to be behind Jack Charlton and Bobby Moore - he should have got a lot more than four England caps though.

He`s 74 now - God that makes me feel old!

He sometimes slotted easily into midfield didn’t he? Quite a versatile chap ...

Archived