IGNORED

The best one season signing ever

BUTOR

How about Bobby Gould? I know he’s associated with Rovers, but he played for us first. His appearances were spread over two seasons but he was only with City for about 11 months, so technically less than a season 

Andy Cole.

Quite simply one of the greatest footballers to play for this club.

I know the first division boys were good, but in Andy Cole we had a player who was arguably the best player in his position in the country.

Maybe Adam Webster goes on to do the same.

But Andy Cole, I mean, it’s Andy Cole ffs.

2 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

No

?fair play 

From the mid nineties to the early 00s Andy Cole was arguably the best striker in this country. A generational talent.

Of course the definitive answer to the question is always debatable, but if you were sat in a pub discussing it, you would always mention Goal King Cole.

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Geert Meijer ....

Can still remember the goal he scored almost from the corner flag at the open end the angle looked impossible how he did it I still don't know, the roar when he got the ball and tore down the wing unforgettable, the flying Dutchman. It's incredible to think he is now nearly 70 years old where did it go?

7 hours ago, pillred said:

Can still remember the goal he scored almost from the corner flag at the open end the angle looked impossible how he did it I still don't know, the roar when he got the ball and tore down the wing unforgettable, the flying Dutchman. It's incredible to think he is now nearly 70 years old where did it go?

About 5 minutes into his debut too PR.... 

Archived