IGNORED

The best one season signing ever

BUTOR

28 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Some of you really struggle with English don’t you ? ...

The Grammar Police would like to inform the Major that there must not be a space between the last letter of a final word and the subsequent punctuation (in this case a ?). 

The Grammar Police are prepared to ignore the ... after the ?. 

13 hours ago, 054123 said:

Andy Cole.

Quite simply one of the greatest footballers to play for this club.

I know the first division boys were good, but in Andy Cole we had a player who was arguably the best player in his position in the country.

Maybe Adam Webster goes on to do the same.

But Andy Cole, I mean, it’s Andy Cole ffs.

From my memory, twenty goals in thirty appearances. In December 1992 he failed to score and City did not win a single game hat month. 'nuff sed.

3 hours ago, archie andrews said:

About 5 minutes into his debut too PR.... 

I'd  forgotten that, yes quite the way to endear yourself to the fans the good thing is he wasn't just a flash in the pan was he. Despite only  playing15 times for us and scoring 2 goals he was the Scott Murry of his day there was a real sense of excitement whenever he got the ball.

16 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

No

My first thought, like you, was Kodjia. But that was because I thought Andy Cole didn't fit the criteria (single season, loan etc). Now realise Kodjia doesn't either (played a few games a second season).

Having seen both though, I have to say Cole would be head and shoulders above for me. He was an absolute natural, and even when he was playing for City we all knew he'd play for England one day. I remember a goal he scored at Grimsby, long goal kick (I think) which he ran onto and as it bounced over his shoulder first time volley into the net - one of the best goals I think I've seen any City player score

3 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

The Grammar Police would like to inform the Major that there must not be a space between the last letter of a final word and the subsequent punctuation (in this case a ?). 

The Grammar Police are prepared to ignore the ... after the ?. 

You don’t need a full stop after a question mark ...

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

You don’t need a full stop after a question mark ...

Great point, no pun intended. Perhaps the Grammar Police could make a ruling on this as my question mark in ummm question, wasn't a punctuation, therefore, a full stop was used to signify the ending of the sentence. 

3 hours ago, Float'n Over said:

Darren Byfield anyone ?

August 2007 to July 2008; 8 in 33

Never a fan of his solely due to the fact that when my daughter was mascot and we went in the changing room before the game,Byfield was the only one who pretty much blanked her.Even Matt Hill made an effort and he was on the treatment table wearing just his pants.Well,I assume they were his.

21 hours ago, 054123 said:

Andy Cole.

Quite simply one of the greatest footballers to play for this club.

I know the first division boys were good, but in Andy Cole we had a player who was arguably the best player in his position in the country.

Maybe Adam Webster goes on to do the same.

But Andy Cole, I mean, it’s Andy Cole ffs.

Arguably the best player in his position in the country!!!!

Not when he was with us 

Watched City since 77

I have never seen a City squad with less team spirit than when Cole and Jackie were at the club 

3 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

Great point, no pun intended. Perhaps the Grammar Police could make a ruling on this as my question mark in ummm question, wasn't a punctuation, therefore, a full stop was used to signify the ending of the sentence. 

Yeh, but the dot at the bottom of the question mark is a full stop - blimey, even being pedantic is boring now - but I’m still staying in and keeping to the guidelines - we can do this people! 

Archived