IGNORED

Captain Sir Tom Moore

Slacker

2 minutes ago, Slacker said:

What an absolute hero.Give this man a Knighthood now,even if it has to be done by video link or something. Astounding effort.Well done Captain Moore,an absolute inspiration. 

100% agree. Made my donation today and I hope many more do as well. The guy is an absolute legend.

• Like 1

What an inspiration. And anyone who fought in Burma deserves the utmost respect as it is.

You aren't really supposed to use your Army rank if you left service unless you are a major or above, but in Tom's case, I'm happy to make an exception.

Lt Robbo salutes you, sir.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

and to think people were kicking off earlier this week about people promoting him on TV !

Am sure his TV appearances have added millions to his fundraising

£7m now hit !!

Yep! The BBC deserve much credit for highlighting his fundraising walks. How many of us would have been aware of it had it not been for their coverage.

Well done to Captain Tom.

• Admin
7 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Yep! The BBC deserve much credit for highlighting his fundraising walks. How many of us would have been aware of it had it not been for their coverage.

Well done to Captain Tom.

Hardly just the BBC he had many interviews all over the place

In all the doom and gloom at the moment, it is so refreshing to see such a truly magnificent effort by a wonderfully unselfish gentleman. Most of the time I am frankly embarrassed to be British but, then comes along Captain Tom Moore. Give him a knighthood now!

Been invited to open the Nightingale hospital in Harrogate by NHS England.  Surely he can't actually go? Prince Charles and Prince William have both opened Nightingale hospitals remotely, the risk to this man given his age is surely too great?

EDIT: I can see that Capt Tom is going to appear by video link.

Edited by BanburyRed

17 hours ago, BanburyRed said:

Been invited to open the Nightingale hospital in Harrogate by NHS England.  Surely he can't actually go? Prince Charles and Prince William have both opened Nightingale hospitals remotely, the risk to this man given his age is surely too great?

EDIT: I can see that Capt Tom is going to appear by video link.

Is he walking there?