IGNORED

Lockdown

BigTone

Well our lockdown here in France is now extended to 11th May at the very least. If that's what it takes then so be it but it doesn't stop the boredom setting in.  Yes, I have some work to do on line and there are things around the house that need attention but we just can't buy the materials needed so that's out the window. Today I go on FB to be shown how Tomas Kalas does his press ups. Thrilling stuff I know. Then a mate has posted at his excitement at getting a Sainsburys home delivery. FFS

As you can see I am bored and fed up. Bring on TomF's quiz on Friday !!

Highlight of my day is my 60 minutes of permitted exercise outdoors.  Pretty bored the rest of the time now the garden is tidied up and the car has been washed, polished an vacuumed.

Summer holiday cancelled, no family gatherings, no dinners, lunches or beers with mates.  Not even allowed out for a picnic in the middle of nowhere.

On a brighter note, at least we are all still alive.

On 15/04/2020 at 16:21, BigTone said:

Well our lockdown here in France is now extended to 11th May at the very least. If that's what it takes then so be it but it doesn't stop the boredom setting in.  Yes, I have some work to do on line and there are things around the house that need attention but we just can't buy the materials needed so that's out the window. Today I go on FB to be shown how Tomas Kalas does his press ups. Thrilling stuff I know. Then a mate has posted at his excitement at getting a Sainsburys home delivery. FFS

As you can see I am bored and fed up. Bring on TomF's quiz on Friday !!

I've been Sainsbury shopping as well.

I finally got my slot, I've ordered Turkey, stuffing, mince pies & Xmas crackers

Mrs LR and I have been taking the opportunity to relearn some long forgotten crafts. Our dishwasher broke down so we have been trying to get to grips with something I often heard my mother talk about called `doing the washing up`. I`m not sure if we will be able to master it though, it`s quite tricky and not for the faint-hearted.

On 27/04/2020 at 19:53, wendyredredrobin said:

Donald Trump still keeps me laughing mind.  TBH, I'm not even sure he even knows what day it is.  Domestos injection, I ask you.  

The question now is will he postpone the elections or will voting for him guarantee immunity from the Chinese Virus.  I really think it's time the bloke was carted off to a care home.

His press conferences, seen a few of them lately.

Good value it must be said!

Seems we will start returning to some sort of normality as of Monday with lockdown in France being lifted in phases. Just want to go fishing. Apart from that it hasn't been too bad really.

Don’t expect major changes to Lockdown tomorrow, there are already idiots gathering in parks having drinks and get togethers in anticipation of measures being lifted . 
The most that’s going to happen when Bozza addresses the nation tomorrow is that you’ll be allowed to exercise a bit more and maybe garden centres will be allowed to open . Far too early to expect anything more IMO .

13 hours ago, Slippin cider said:

Don’t expect major changes to Lockdown tomorrow, there are already idiots gathering in parks having drinks and get togethers in anticipation of measures being lifted . 
The most that’s going to happen when Bozza addresses the nation tomorrow is that you’ll be allowed to exercise a bit more and maybe garden centres will be allowed to open . Far too early to expect anything more IMO .

Different here in France. I actually think the French govt have done a pretty good job all things considered.

Well the roads around here are pretty much back to normal now. Just went to the shop to get a bacon sandwich on my way to unlock school (slept through my alarm). Queue was about 8 deep and it's only a small local village sandwich shop!! Didn't bother in the end.

Currently sat in the main office waiting for people to come in. As soon as they arrive I'm off home for the day as I'm only on a rota to unlock the building and rooms needed today. Full day work for the rest of the week though, and see what next weeks rota brings.

Archived