IGNORED

Worst ever cover versions

BS2 Red

Without doubt the worst cover EVER! I can’t state in words how much I detest this song, I can’t listen to it for more than one and a half seconds. Apparently, at one stage, the most popular song played at funerals. If anyone ever played it at mine, I’d haunt them for the rest of their days.

6 hours ago, internetjef said:

Also a big Bowie fan. , but his cover of let’s spend the night together by the stones isn’t the best 

bryan ferry / roxy musics jealous guy also seems to pop up frequently in these bad cover discussions

Would agree with that, I am a bit so-so with Roxy' cover but as another big Bowie fan, this is dire:-

13 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Being a huge Bowie fan I despised Bauhaus`s cover of Ziggy Stardust. It probably wasn`t that bad but it was wrong!

13 hours ago, Redpool said:

Anyone who covers Marc Bolan is guaranteed to fail. 

Cant agree with that, the abovementioned Bauhaus did a sublime 100pmh version of Telegram Sam.

Actually I liked their Ziggy Stardust as well, great crunchy guitar sound. Sorry!

33 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

Cant agree with that, the abovementioned Bauhaus did a sublime 100pmh version of Telegram Sam.

Actually I liked their Ziggy Stardust as well, great crunchy guitar sound. Sorry!

Bauhaus went into the ‘ Bands who sold out ‘ category with this cover version.

All their experimental music blown away by this massacre of Telegram Sam . 

1 hour ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

I love Sid's hapless cover versions, especially My Way - where he changes the lyrics - but not particularly for the music!

For a really tone deaf terrible cover see Duran Duran covering Public Enemy's 911 Is A Joke.

7 hours ago, City Rocker said:

I liked the Bauhaus version too. Was supposed to see Bauhaus at Ally Pally last week…been rearranged for later in the year now

4 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

I love Sid's hapless cover versions, especially My Way - where he changes the lyrics - but not particularly for the music!

For a really tone deaf terrible cover see Duran Duran covering Public Enemy's 911 Is A Joke.

See an earlier post of mine. I agree, it is a shocker. 

Oasis - Heroes.  

No point as they didn’t change the tone of the song at all, just put ******* crap vocals over a poorly played version of it.  The worst kind of cover, you have to do a cover in a different style not just do the original version worse, otherwise what’s the ******* point?

The prosecution rests m’lud.

And yes it still boils my piss to this day. You can probably tell.

And Blur > Oasis 

I will give the Oasis fans though:

Oasis > Menswear.

But Menswear truly were ******* awful.

16 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

For "charidee" as Smashy and Nicey might say.

Ok for Live Aid but two of Rock’s greatest stars chose to sing a song which did absolutely nothing for their voices or the song itself . It was , frankly , an embarrassment. 

Not to mention that neither Bowie nor Jagger are anything close to being ‘ dancers ‘ 

What à waste of talent and time .

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Ok for Live Aid but two of Rock’s greatest stars chose to sing a song which did absolutely nothing for their voices or the song itself . It was , frankly , an embarrassment. 

Not to mention that neither Bowie nor Jagger are anything close to being ‘ dancers ‘ 

What à waste of talent and time .

I don’t see the problem.

Archived