IGNORED

Games you went to despite being told there would be dire consequences if you did.

Lanterne Rouge

Another marriage casualty here!

Crystal Palace at home sometime in the early 90’s. Decided in the morning to go (from Devon) ...... and I can remember the actual words to my ex.... ‘I’ll dump you off at your parents’. Think that was the clincher....gone by Wednesday.

All part of life’s rich tapestry. 

Not one to make the same mistake twice, so haven’t remarried ?.

5 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

I had the opposite experience.

We were on a family holiday in Tenerife when the final was on. My Mrs woke me up with a plane return ticket to London city airport and a match ticket.

She's a keeper.

The Robin I awarded this post was for Mrs Ska. Please pass it on!

Had I watched the above scenario in a Richard Curtis film, I'd have thought it was yet another stupid script!

In the days before half decent internet or even a having mobile to phone in, i pleaded with the old dear to let me skip school to go and buy tickets for a game (anyone else remember queuing for hours at the hatches in the end of the grandstand).

Obviously she said no, thinking 1 day off school would ruin the rest of my life

Even more obviously, i said fk that and bunked off anyway... earning me and the rest of the boys some delightful correspondence direct from the school.

Unbelievably she still let me go to the game though, cheers ma ?

20200420_225549.jpg

15 hours ago, eastonboy said:

On the advice of an eminent poster on here, I once flew on an Easyjet plane to Hartlepool, waited around for a few hours and then caught the return flight home.

What was I thinking??

I have done this in real life (not hartlepool) plane I was on was very late in landing but I had a connecting flight home I didn't want to miss, left the plane cool calm collected but decided that I might just make it so ran through Schipol explaining to people why I was in a hurry they all let me pass ahead of them back through security bollocks get to check in told too late to check in luggage held up my hand luggage, this is it I said holding up my bag. Ok Sir you can get on the bus, takes me back to the same plane I landed on greeted by the same stewardess who said goodbye 30 mins earlier got on the same plane and sat in the same f in seat. sweating like a bucket.

On 16/04/2020 at 19:20, Loco Rojo said:

Can't remember what game it was but it was a few years ago when over the tannoy it was announced 'Mr .....(can't remember the name) don't bother going home, your wife has changed the locks. 

Made a few laugh. 

I remember this too! Pretty sure we were home to Birmingham and there was a chant after (in Dolman) about wife leaving him ?

19 hours ago, Bernard Lerring said:

In the days before half decent internet or even a having mobile to phone in, i pleaded with the old dear to let me skip school to go and buy tickets for a game (anyone else remember queuing for hours at the hatches in the end of the grandstand).

Obviously she said no, thinking 1 day off school would ruin the rest of my life

Even more obviously, i said fk that and bunked off anyway... earning me and the rest of the boys some delightful correspondence direct from the school.

Unbelievably she still let me go to the game though, cheers ma ?

20200420_225549.jpg

Great stuff! It`s also heartening to know that, even back in 1997, there was only one team in Bristol and Mr Spear recognised this fact in his letter. Mind you, his English leaves a bit to be desired - THERE whereabouts, shame on him!

Archived