IGNORED

OTIB's Classical music thread , let's have yours

AppyDAZE

Jaroussky is the best ever contre tenor. His part would have been sung by a castra when Pergolesi wrote the piece. 

This is music which is so beautiful it makes me well up each time I hear it.

The combination of the voices is sublime and for me is the best recording of this Stabat Mater.

Stick with it if you’re not used to baroque music and you will be rewarded.

There's a whole separate thread to be done about classical music used in adverts. Many people will say they don't know many pieces but will not realise so many are in them. I'm sure there are loads of stuff on the internet that will link up well. As an old duffer I can remember things like British Airways using Delibes' Flower Duet, Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker making Fruit and Nut bars more memorable and the odd sight of a well-groomed sheep wandering around a room with Pachelbel’s Canon in D wafting in the audio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVi6GgQBkwE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ4Cktg4fFY

Personally I do enjoy a bit of classical and I'd put Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D minor (BWV 565) at the top.

Anything by Holst, Ravel, Bizet and Beethoven. 

I have Classic FM on all the time as background, though some of the presenters  do my crust in. When they say things like "I've chosen this for you " etc    No you haven't, it's a playlist put together by the producer, don't over egg your part ( as I often shout at them) ! :laugh:

This piece is a personal favourite of mine for personal reasons,  my mother used to play this on her piano when i was a nipper, unfortunately she ran off with the neighbour before she could teach me how to play! There was also a great movie called Liebestraum, came out in the 80s I think.

42 minutes ago, Med/MadHatter said:

This piece is a personal favourite of mine for personal reasons,  my mother used to play this on her piano when i was a nipper, unfortunately she ran off with the neighbour before she could teach me how to play! There was also a great movie called Liebestraum, came out in the 80s I think.

Did she take the piano with her?

4 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Anything by Holst, Ravel, Bizet and Beethoven. 

I have Classic FM on all the time as background, though some of the presenters  do my crust in. When they say things like "I've chosen this for you " etc    No you haven't, it's a playlist put together by the producer, don't over egg your part ( as I often shout at them) ! :laugh:

Never even knew they formed a supergroup.

6 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Prog Rock par excellence............                           Holst  (guitars), Ravel (keyboards), Bizet (bass and vocals) and Ludwig on drums ?

Ravel started chucking knives at his piano, I think i was there at their farewell gig actually

Archived