IGNORED

Season card renewal / Direct Debit information

Baldyman

Maybe I’ve missed it but anyone know what the score is Re season card renewals for next ( whenever that will be) season ? Bristol sport site still lists the closing date as Apr 2nd and I’ve long since missed the existing deadline to keep the same seats as last year ! Have the club suspended sales / extended deadlines ? Haven’t seen a single comms about it ! 

Interesting to know how many have not renewed - like many others I suspect I forgot all about it.

Prices have gone up - quite considerably in my case - from the initial prices for existing STH's so clearly no extended deadlines.

Hard to believe really.

Slightly off topic  but after all this has died down football must take a real look at its self and so many different issues .

the way we are all treated.. there is nothing on the OS saying they can extend dead lines for renewal season cards etc 

and the sheer amount of money the big clubs seem to keep for them selfs 

so many things wrong with football , but still miss going 

I have mentioned on a previous thread that I was flabbergasted then the club has no compassion, in the current situation.

Its beggars belief that the club is pressing on as 'business as usual' bearing in mind we are suffering the biggest global pandemic in human history.

If the club SLO are reading this post, please can you convey our concerns that the club is pressing for season 20/21 renewals, when there are so much uncertainty about whether the 19/20 season can complete. The thing is, most football club directors do not run the club for the fans and treat it very much as a business.

Come On City, please do the right thing!!

2 minutes ago, 'Pack' It In said:

The point is, I have not renewed so far as the club seems to be showing a complete lack of ethics/compassion in regards to season ticket renewals.

I'm not siding with the club, but what is happening is unprecedented, and it's probably a bit difficult to make retrospective decisions now when we don't even know when next season will commence, let alone this one finish (I'm begining to get a feeling it might be voided). Still you're right, it doesn't sit comfortably, and I don't know anyone who thinks it's a good idea to buy a s/t now. I would quite happily give them some suggestions on how to mitigate things when we know what's happening.

44 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

I did but took up the direct debit option.  I'm waiting for an answer from the club on whether they are going to offer me a payment holiday,  if not I'll just cancel it tbh.

The same, I have no doubt the club will start taking the monthly direct debit if given the chance.

If this season is cancelled/played behind closed doors adult supporters will be at least £80 out of pocket.

Social distancing is likely to remain in place until at least the end of the year, many supporters struggling financially, taking money for next season seems wrong in my eyes if attending is pretty much impossible. 

@JerrySLO

I’ve not renewed because there is no known end date to this pandemic. For all we know there might not even be a finish to this season or a start to the next this year! Until I know it’s safe to do so I won’t be sitting in a stadium with 22,000 people. 

I had three in the Lansdown (me and two kids) that I didnt renew as with CoVid 19 and being self employed I had no idea if I would have money coming in. Now I fall into the governments protection I could renew but my seats have gone. As such I wont be bothering now.

• Admin

I 100% agree with all the problems highlighted above and am impacted too but the problem is nobody really knows what is going on. 

It is all an evolving situation where things are constantly changing. 

I really hope that when dates etc are more concrete on what is happening in the future the club will react accordingly 

It's impossible for any football club to get this right as nobody knows when we may get going again and what any future season will look like 

I fully expect Bristol City to put season tickets back on sale in the future, but even if they extended it for one month who's to say that is for long enough - let's be honest they will need and want as much money they can get when this is all over

There are simply too many unknowns still for decisions to be made at present.

19 minutes ago, BS3_RED said:

I had three in the Lansdown (me and two kids) that I didnt renew as with CoVid 19 and being self employed I had no idea if I would have money coming in. Now I fall into the governments protection I could renew but my seats have gone. As such I wont be bothering now.

Why can't you move a row back or forward? 

Seems a very petty and childish reaction 

1 hour ago, Dynamite Red said:

The same, I have no doubt the club will start taking the monthly direct debit if given the chance.

If this season is cancelled/played behind closed doors adult supporters will be at least £80 out of pocket.

Social distancing is likely to remain in place until at least the end of the year, many supporters struggling financially, taking money for next season seems wrong in my eyes if attending is pretty much impossible. 

@JerrySLO

How about waiting to see what happens before getting too far ahead of ourselves 

Like phantom says above nobody knows yet what is happening

2 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

I did but took up the direct debit option.  I'm waiting for an answer from the club on whether they are going to offer me a payment holiday,  if not I'll just cancel it tbh.

I have no knowledge on this. 

But am curious, when was the first payment due to be made? 

5 minutes ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

There are none and I have sat by my mate for nearly 20 years and he did renew. Really think the club fecked this one up personally. 

5 minutes ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

You have no idea of this guys personal situation but felt it necessary to have a dig . I think that's childish and petty to be honest. 

6 minutes ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

How about waiting to see what happens before getting too far ahead of ourselves 

Like phantom says above nobody knows yet what is happening

I have no knowledge on this. 

But am curious, when was the first payment due to be made? 

As already mentioned you have no idea about people's personal situations but obviously feel free to call us out on it . What the **** is it to do with you how I choose to spend my money ? Genuinely intrigued. 

Sadly I haven't renewed my season ticket. I feel the club should have paused sales until we had a better idea of what was going to happen with the rest of this season and next season. Having £500+ tied up for something nobody has any idea if it will happen or not is something I'm going to do at the moment.

I renewed because my mates were, and I did it out of habit.

Now the thing is, we don't know for sure if the season will be completed, whether next season will start on time , or at all.
I imagine (hope?) that the club are waiting for some clarification before implementing anything. The time to shout is when they take money for something that may not happen. As for deadlines, who knew how bad things would actually get, and everyone was carrying on as normal until they couldn't. 
It would be good if the club came out and said what their plans were, or even just they don't know. Trouble is communication has been pretty shit for a long time.

2 hours ago, Loosey Boy said:

Be interesting to see how many of last years 16k ST holders have renewed.....reckon it will be c 50%

When we know more about what’s happening and when re this season and next, I’m sure that the club will do the right thing ?

Not so sure about that.

My wife hasn’t renewed this year after having a ST for about 12 years and her seat next to me has already been snapped up.  When you look at available seats in the SS, there are very few showing.

As we don’t even know if there will be a next season let alone when it will start, surely the club have to suspend things until we do know?

Once we do, people like BS3 red (hi mate, hope you and the family are good) should surely get a slight extension to renew their seats?

Archived