IGNORED

Season card renewal / Direct Debit information

Baldyman

It’s inconceivable that next season will start on time and/or take the same shape as planned when the renewals first came about. As such, gotta be a sound decision to wait it out a while longer. More seats than usual will be available in any event, one would think, when final decisions are ultimately made. 

1 hour ago, Vincent Vega said:

You have no idea of this guys personal situation but felt it necessary to have a dig . I think that's childish and petty to be honest. 

1 hour ago, Vincent Vega said:

As already mentioned you have no idea about people's personal situations but obviously feel free to call us out on it . What the **** is it to do with you how I choose to spend my money ? Genuinely intrigued. 

Precisely. 

It has nothing to do with you either. 

Do the forum a favour and stop acting like you speak on behalf of everyone 

3 minutes ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

Precisely. 

It has nothing to do with you either. 

Do the forum a favour and stop acting like you speak on behalf of everyone 

Cowardly answer , but expected from a I'm all right jack like yourself.  The emojis are like a dagger through my heart ,please stop.

5 hours ago, 'Pack' It In said:

The point is, I have not renewed so far as the club seems to be showing a complete lack of ethics/compassion in regards to season ticket renewals.

Wasn’t the renewal deadline before, or pretty much bang on the time that this started to develop  And all became as serious as it is now..? 

22 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Okay thanks- ever changing situation I guess.

Still, maintain the club are possibly a bit tone deaf on this issue- mind you so are a lot of clubs I expect.

I think it’s as simple as clubs still needing to pay players. 
Of course there will be a “next season” whatever shape it takes. 

The clubs need income - people are buying tickets for next seasons games. 
I don’t really see the big issue - although I think they should have extended the renewal deadline for existing seasons until timescales were clearer. 

10 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I think it’s as simple as clubs still needing to pay players. 
Of course there will be a “next season” whatever shape it takes. 

The clubs need income - people are buying tickets for next seasons games. 
I don’t really see the big issue - although I think they should have extended the renewal deadline for existing seasons until timescales were clearer. 

Do like Leeds, Birmingham, Juventus and Barcelona- defer or take a hit! Or even closer to home, Bristol rugby- besides Red M thinks that players have already taken a cut/deferral.

Great many people in the economy are having to take a hit, including no doubt a proportion of City fans- or even City st holders? 

I'm sure journos would be interested to see, as they clearly lack material with a lack of sport the contrasting picture?

3 hours ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

But am curious, when was the first payment due to be made? 

The direct debit scheme starts on 1st May and I’m fully expecting my payment to be taken; cannot see a payment holiday as the club would have banked on these funds presumably?

13 minutes ago, Meh said:

The direct debit scheme starts on 1st May and I’m fully expecting my payment to be taken; cannot see a payment holiday as the club would have banked on these funds presumably?

Force majeure. Unless it's not so applicable here or only works one way?

Just think- the direct debit of you and everyone who pays that way, is going to play players wages in full (we assume).

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Force majeure. Unless it's not so applicable here or only works one way?

Just think- the direct debit of you and everyone who pays that way, is going to play players wages in full (we assume).

Nobody can predict this early that season 20/21 will not happen so surely force majeure is not applicable?

Happy to help pay their wages ??

41 minutes ago, Meh said:

Nobody can predict this early that season 20/21 will not happen so surely force majeure is not applicable?

Well if you pay in stages then surely it'd be staged- maybe instalment 1 force majeure.

Well each to their own. Let's hope those on direct debit whose income will have fallen will be so charitable. :thumbs up:

Still think it could be a good or interesting story, or clickbait. Not your situation but the general club approach worthy of comment certainly.

2 hours ago, Meh said:

Not sure I'm happy to pay the wages of employees on 15k plus a week and driving around in 100k cars when members of my family are on universal credit of  £90 a week .

5 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Not sure I'm happy to pay the wages of employees on 15k plus a week and driving around in 100k cars when members of my family are on universal credit of  £90 a week .

I doubt you are; terrible situation to be in.

7 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Well from 2018 we generated £3.2m income from ST sales (https://financialfootballnews.com/bristol-city-fcs-2018-finances-robins-in-red/).

With “wages” plus “key management” equating for around £29m in salaries, I’m content if we - as a club - keep the smaller people paid in full (shop / cafe / ticket office / community workers / ground staff  whatever) with the money season tickets provide.... players and management can afford to take a pay freeze / cut.

There’ll be many at the club who can’t. 

11 minutes ago, tommy_b said:

Well from 2018 we generated £3.2m income from ST sales (https://financialfootballnews.com/bristol-city-fcs-2018-finances-robins-in-red/).

With “wages” plus “key management” equating for around £29m in salaries, I’m content if we - as a club - keep the smaller people paid in full (shop / cafe / ticket office / community workers / ground staff  whatever) with the money season tickets provide.... players and management can afford to take a pay freeze / cut.

There’ll be many at the club who can’t. 

Agree there will be many that cant but wont they get 80% of their wages paid for by the government  my family members have been self employed for less than 3 years and at the moment wont get anything from the government so are on £94 a week.

14 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Agree there will be many that cant but wont they get 80% of their wages paid for by the government  my family members have been self employed for less than 3 years and at the moment wont get anything from the government so are on £94 a week.

Add to that zero hours or casual match day staff- and those in society generally. 

Now specifically about the club, matchday staff are casual. Some are agency but some are directly employed albeit casual.

No cash for them (part of the job granted) but the uneven distribution, the furloughing of those staff, the ST stuff ploughing on as usual it seems and even the rugby taking a 25% cut...

...Leaves an interesting picture if players salaries as per.

All in it together? Pffft.

20 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Wasn’t the renewal deadline before, or pretty much bang on the time that this started to develop  And all became as serious as it is now..? 

That was my thinking, which has made some of the responses slightly spurious to me?

My gripe is that if the new/next season kicks off much later, I will have paid full price instead of the concession rate I’ll be due! ?

Saw this online- on the Q&A with Gregor.

Season cards question

From David, using the Google Form again above.

Given that this season may no longer be completed, with the next 6 months potentially in doubt for games, plus many season ticket holders like me are losing our incomes, will the club give any update on season tickets? I’ve just spent £750 on next years season ticket for me and my boys. That’s money I may really need in the next month or two. There are appears to be no way of claiming a refund on that. What is the club’s position? There must be hundreds of people like me wanting to know the same.

Gregor’s answer...

Might be one for the SLO or calling the club’s service line, David. But I did follow up a query from supporters last week, and the club explained effectively that it’s business as normal just at the moment - until anything is concrete regarding the resumption of football or next season.

It’s still possible that we’ll get the final nine games of this campaign. And that the next will happen as normal.

However, admittedly that is looking in doubt. The club will await EFL rulings on such - and until that time I can’t see there being any discussions on season ticket effects and so on. Let’s wait and see how things pan out.

Thinking about it a bit more, it is right on one level for the club to wait for guidance/rulings from the EFL, FA or even potentially Government but OTOH the economic situation has changed a lot in the last few weeks so there should be an onus on the club here- understand the decision isn't an easy one though.

On 29/03/2020 at 13:18, Vincent Vega said:

I did but took up the direct debit option.  I'm waiting for an answer from the club on whether they are going to offer me a payment holiday,  if not I'll just cancel it tbh.

Did same VV, all others I pay have offered holidays so cant see why BCFC cant do same, let me know if you get a reply from the club re this subject.

10 minutes ago, oldstandrobin said:

Did same VV, all others I pay have offered holidays so cant see why BCFC cant do same, let me know if you get a reply from the club re this subject.

Got a reply from Jerry (SLO) via Twitter,  basically he's asking the same question but as of yet no answer. 

On 29/03/2020 at 19:07, Meh said:

I thought the the first payment is due on the 1st of April? 

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Is it odd that we are not sent a copy of the direct debit form that we signed?

Many other ones I do online send me a copy

Dont think that's the case anymore, I now pay my van tax monthly by direct debit and have never been sent a copy of the agreement. 

On 29/03/2020 at 18:55, Judda said:

I've renewed.  Must admit I hope we get refunds for cancelled games etc as it stretches us enough already!

I (like many others) renewed before this situation got serious.

Doesn't feel right that many people struggling to make ends meet, now have several hundreds of pounds tied up in something that is non-essential and my not happen as described.

Archived