IGNORED

Season card renewal / Direct Debit information

Baldyman

• Admin
2 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

SEASON CARDS DEADLINE EXTENDED

THURSDAY, APRIL 2ND 2020

The deadline to purchase a Bristol City 2020/21 Season Card in the advanced sales period has been extended.

Due to the current and difficult times being felt by both football and the wider world, the decision has been made to allow supporters more time to secure their seat for the future campaign.

The advanced sale period was due to end at 12pm on Friday, April 3rd but fans will be allowed to purchase a Season Card at the current rates for the foreseeable future.

Current Season Card holders had an exclusive window to renew and move their seat to another part of the stadium, which was followed up by a window for Members, with Season Cards now currently on general sale.

Supporters can secure their seat online or by calling Supporters Services on 0117 963 0600.

CHOOSE YOUR SEAT

Supporters are reminded that prices are frozen in all areas for Under-19s and prices remain frozen for Under-12s except in the South Stand and Family Area, where a £50 Season Card has seen a small increase to £55.

Meanwhile, there is a 3% price increase for all Adults, 65+, Under-25s and Under-22s.

Under-12s will continue to receive a free home shirt as part of their Season Card package, Adult disabled supporters will receive five per cent off the full price and will be able to buy their Season Card over the phone during the online only sales period.

Supporters can also use a pay monthly scheme, which will be offered exclusively in the advanced sales period only, with the cost of a Season Card split over ten months. The fee for using this scheme is £25 per transaction (a maximum of four Season Cards per transaction).

1 hour ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Now would be a good time to announce what will happen to the remaining games on this seasons card , should the season get expunged, before making out they're doing us a favour by delaying asking for even more.

Fully expect to have these games knocked off of next season's ticket price when this one finally gets cancelled. 

Hi,

I was also one of the people that was unhappy about the level of silence from the club, in regards to the pursuit of Season Tickets Renewals, before the decision has not been made on completing THIS season.

While I applaud the decision to FINALLY act on this issue, I feel that they could have easily suspended the sales of tickets until they knew about the outcome of whether this season can be finished.

If the 2019/2020 season gets expunged anytime soon, the club would have had ample time to resume the sale of season tickets before a new season would commence.

While I am still badly missing football at the club and more importantly social interaction in this unprecedented period of risk to humanity, because of the risk of Coronavirus and social distancing rules.

I am religiously following UK Government Instructions, working from home & self-isolation, I can only keep hoping & praying that this horrible pandemic would soon be over, as I fear I would be suffering from Cabin Fever soon.

But Most Importantly:-

KEEP SAFE EVERYONE!!

• Admin
18 hours ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Now would be a good time to announce what will happen to the remaining games on this seasons card , should the season get expunged, before making out they're doing us a favour by delaying asking for even more.

How can they @The Horse With No Name?

Nobody knows what is going to happen yet. . .

Wait until the FA etc etc decide on what is going to happen first

On 29/03/2020 at 16:14, Redwhitepurple said:

Didn't renew because its been crap for 2 years no value for money in the slightest

Same with me, I may get a membership and choose games I want to attend

I would also like to know if the club intend to reimburse this seasons ST holders if we cant attend as holidays were planned post season and would expect the season to be finished in may - should we get back to any form of normality

Well as it stands the club still intend to take my first direct debit installment on the 1st May.......Cheers then, not sure when I'm next getting paid from work but hey ho!! ?‍♂️

Response from the club today below......

Thanks for your email.

As things stand the first pay monthly instalment is due to start on the 1st May.

However, if this changes and a decision is made to delay all monthly payments then this will be communicated to all supporters.

Kind regards,

Supporter Services

9 minutes ago, mattyali said:

Well as it stands the club still intend to take my first direct debit installment on the 1st May.......Cheers then, not sure when I'm next getting paid from work but hey ho!! ?‍♂️

Thanks for your email.

As things stand the first pay monthly instalment is due to start on the 1st May.

However, if this changes and a decision is made to delay all monthly payments then this will be communicated to all supporters.

Kind regards,

Supporter Services

Matt, just a warning mate. When I cancelled my DD a couple of seasons ago before the first payment was due (had to as had lost my job) I was informed I could never have DD again. I told them the reason I was cancelling too.

13 minutes ago, mattyali said:

Thanks for your email.

Kind regards,

Supporter Services

Same here mate, at least I get a pension but the part time job I did to allow me life's little luxuries ( watching BCFC a luxury ? ) has finished with no pay, so the £30 a month is now a bit more critical, will tighten purse strings a bit but will make me take a serious look at future supporting this club if they don't help us with less money than our players !!!!! We are all in the same boat here and a holiday of even say 2 months till a lot of us get sorted would be a major help.

I don’t want a refund on games we can’t see this season. (I hope/expect STH to get streaming of behind closed doors games instead of being able to attend) 

I do however think that payments for next season tickets should be held off for now. At least until there’s some clarity over when it might start. 
I don’t think option to cancel should be expected. People signed up - but to start taking payments at this time would be resented by many. 
On the understanding that collections can commence once dates are confirmed, with little notice, so people should be ready to have first payment taken at any time the details are announced. 
Imho. 

• Admin

@mattyali et al

Is it actually the club that the DD is with though?

I would have expected the credit company are those that are being paid as they would have already paid the money to the club?

Therefor it is the credit broker that needs contacting and not the football club

49 minutes ago, mattyali said:

Thanks for your email.

Kind regards,

Supporter Services

When paying season tickets monthly i don't see why the club don't just delay the payments for two months and start the 10 monthly payments from July to April instead of May to February. Hopefully then we'd all have a clearer idea of what's actually happening in the world and and people could be back at work by then?

21 minutes ago, phantom said:

@mattyali et al

Is it actually the club that the DD is with though?

I would have expected the credit company are those that are being paid as they would have already paid the money to the club?

Therefor it is the credit broker that needs contacting and not the football club

It’s done “in-house” isn’t it, rather than through a credit company. 
DD goes to Bristol Sport. 

Next season is a weird one.

Get that tickets go on sale early so clubs have cash over the summer and can budget for the next season, but...

We all sign up on a 'football is played between 'x' month and 'y' month, possibly extended due to play off involvement'.

So a lot of people could well plan their holidays, life etc around those months. With no idea when this season will end, and less of an idea when next season will start, is selling tickets now a wise move?

I've already paid for next season, and bar the odd game I'd expect to miss anyway, this doesn't really impact me as I don't tend to plan that far in advance but I would imagine for some it might be an issue.

Also, those who are close to age-bracket dates might be reluctant to spend the money without clear guidance. Could be there are some kids who might be adults by the time next season starts, and adults who qualify for a pensioners ticket if they hold on.

Not blaming the club for any of this, but with unemployment expected to rise, can completely understand why people are anxious.

26 minutes ago, phantom said:

I never realised that they were a credit broker

So we are borrowing off Bristol Sport to pay Bristol City?

Fairly certain that's the case as the DD is set up with Bristol Sport, if it was an outside credit broker it would have that brokers name as the DD payment on your statement.

4 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Next season is a weird one.

Get that tickets go on sale early so clubs have cash over the summer and can budget for the next season, but...

We all sign up on a 'football is played between 'x' month and 'y' month, possibly extended due to play off involvement'.

So a lot of people could well plan their holidays, life etc around those months. With no idea when this season will end, and less of an idea when next season will start, is selling tickets now a wise move?

I've already paid for next season, and bar the odd game I'd expect to miss anyway, this doesn't really impact me as I don't tend to plan that far in advance but I would imagine for some it might be an issue.

Also, those who are close to age-bracket dates might be reluctant to spend the money without clear guidance. Could be there are some kids who might be adults by the time next season starts, and adults who qualify for a pensioners ticket if they hold on.

Not blaming the club for any of this, but with unemployment expected to rise, can completely understand why people are anxious.

Whenever that might be- which we don't know owing to a vaccine.

7 hours ago, HIGHRIDGE BCFC said:

When paying season tickets monthly i don't see why the club don't just delay the payments for two months and start the 10 monthly payments from July to April instead of May to February. Hopefully then we'd all have a clearer idea of what's actually happening in the world and and people could be back at work by then?

I would imagine that this is more to do with agreement with the Finance Company  (whoever that is) - they have probably already “paid” City the money where supporters have used this option and will therefore be wanting the monthly instalments in line with the finance agreement(s) signed.

I’m sure City will be doing everything they can to make alternative arrangements ie delayed start to payments

I may be wrong (wife often says I am).

but

I would assume with SL's background if it is

1) through the club it would be covered by the FCA code of conduct

2) if it is an outside financial company it should be covered by the FCA code of conduct

3) if 2 is not covered by by they FCA then I would guess the club have a major problem SL is not stupid and would have looked into it.

the FCA try to ensure the customer is treated fairly by the finance company (to many CBT's).

so if you feel you have not been treated fairly complain to the FCA but be aware at present the FCA have more pressing problems than season ticket holders.

41 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Rang the club this morning concerning the direct debit payments.  It has been put to the board to postpone the first payment but as of yet no decision has been made.  As of today your first payment will still be taken on May 1st.

Personally I’m ok, but I’d imagine there are thousands who are currently out of pocket and definitely don’t need this DD being taken on 1st May to watch a football match they may not even be able to attend, and may not even be played until next year. 
If it is currently with the board to make a decision, I will be flabbergasted and quite frankly annoyed at them if they don’t take the decision to suspend payments until we actually know when next season will begin. 

@thatcham red is this something the supporters club are looking at and have any influence over discussions with the club? 

Archived