IGNORED

Season card renewal / Direct Debit information

Baldyman

@JerrySLO

The club needs to communicate to us, I appreciate they are waiting to see how the situation develops but the stonewall silence to its key customers is unacceptable.

We are in a climate where people are unsure of their financial situation, not certain they will have a job to return to. There is a chance next season may not even be played if social distancing remains in place. The club needs to consider it's community responsibilities not just the financial side, more importantly communicate with the fans.

11 minutes ago, Harry said:

Personally I’m ok, but I’d imagine there are thousands who are currently out of pocket and definitely don’t need this DD being taken on 1st May to watch a football match they may not even be able to attend, and may not even be played until next year. 
If it is currently with the board to make a decision, I will be flabbergasted and quite frankly annoyed at them if they don’t take the decision to suspend payments until we actually know when next season will begin. 

@thatcham red is this something the supporters club are looking at and have any influence over discussions with the club? 

You'd certainly hope so, but it's such an obvious decision I'm just wondering why the delay. Coincidentally I had an email from the supporters club this morning to fill out a survey connected to the furloughing of staff.

The first payment was scheduled to be processed on May 1st, but this has now been moved to June 1st 2020 as the club understands the possible financial difficulties people face at this time.

The cost of a Season Card will continue to be split over ten months, meaning the last payment will be scheduled for March 1st 2021. The fee for using this scheme remains at £25 per transaction (a maximum of four Season Cards per transaction).

2020/21 Season Cards on general sale for foreseeable future

Last month, the deadline to purchase a Bristol City 2020/21 Season Card in the advanced sales period was also extended.

Due to the current and difficult times being felt by both football and the wider world, the decision has been made to allow supporters more time to secure their seat for the future campaign.

The advanced sale period was due to end at 12pm on Friday, April 3rd but fans will be allowed to purchase a Season Card at the current rates for the foreseeable future.

Current Season Card holders had an exclusive window to renew and move their seat to another part of the stadium, which was followed up by a window for Members, with Season Cards now currently on general sale.

Supporters can secure their seat online or by calling Supporters Services on 0117 963 0600.

Supporters are reminded that prices are frozen in all areas for Under-19s and prices remain frozen for Under-12s except in the South Stand and Family Area, where a £50 Season Card has seen a small increase to £55.

Meanwhile, there is a 3% price increase for all Adults, 65+, Under-25s and Under-22s.

Under-12s will continue to receive a free home shirt as part of their Season Card package, Adult disabled supporters will receive five per cent off the full price and will be able to buy their Season Card over the phone during the online only sales period.

• Admin
16 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

The first payment was scheduled to be processed on May 1st, but this has now been moved to June 1st 2020 as the club understands the possible financial difficulties people face at this time.

My only problem with this is that they should have said the payment start date is still not decided - not sure June will be that much difference to many?

Direct Debit payments for supporters paying for their 2020/21 Season Card in monthly instalments will be deferred by a month.

The first payment was scheduled to be processed on May 1st, but this has now been moved to June 1st 2020 as the club understands the possible financial difficulties people face at this time.

The cost of a Season Card will continue to be split over ten months, meaning the last payment will be scheduled for March 1st 2021. The fee for using this scheme remains at £25 per transaction (a maximum of four Season Cards per transaction).

2 hours ago, phantom said:

My only problem with this is that they should have said the payment start date is still not decided - not sure June will be that much difference to many?

I believe that they'll review it again closer to the time, I'd have thought so anyway.

Buys a bit of time to see how or if things progress, and if not much change to the overall situation, another month extension? 

• Admin
13 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

They'll clearly review it again closer to the time, I'd have thought so anyway.

Buys a bit of time to see how or I'd things progress, and if not much change to the overall situation, another month extension? 

Not against you Mr P, it may be clearly reviewed,

But that isn't actually stated anywhere in the club statement - when it should have been

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

Not against you Mr P, it may be clearly reviewed,

But that isn't actually stated anywhere in the club statement - when it should have been

Yes I agree,  the club definitely not exactly a shining light in this. Even credit card companies have given the 3 month payment holiday. 

I would be surprised if this season was completed even behind closed doors and I would not be surprised if next season ended up being cancelled too.

That being the case, around 16k of us have SCs for this year and have paid upfront for next.  In my case, 3 adult SCs amount to a fair wedge.

May have to sell some players to pay the money back - but who would pay a decent price for any of our misfiring lot?

2 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I would be surprised if this season was completed even behind closed doors and I would not be surprised if next season ended up being cancelled too.

That being the case, around 16k of us have SCs for this year and have paid upfront for next.  In my case, 3 adult SCs amount to a fair wedge.

You can cancel at anytime and get a refund if you're unsure,  I think there will be a high number doing this.

8 hours ago, Harry said:

Personally I’m ok, but I’d imagine there are thousands who are currently out of pocket and definitely don’t need this DD being taken on 1st May to watch a football match they may not even be able to attend, and may not even be played until next year. 
If it is currently with the board to make a decision, I will be flabbergasted and quite frankly annoyed at them if they don’t take the decision to suspend payments until we actually know when next season will begin. 

@thatcham red is this something the supporters club are looking at and have any influence over discussions with the club? 

I mentioned it Harry. Not sure what the decision-making was but I am sure the club had it in hand.

22 hours ago, JerrySLO said:

Direct Debit payments for supporters paying for their 2020/21 Season Card in monthly instalments will be deferred by a month.

The first payment was scheduled to be processed on May 1st, but this has now been moved to June 1st 2020 as the club understands the possible financial difficulties people face at this time.

The cost of a Season Card will continue to be split over ten months, meaning the last payment will be scheduled for March 1st 2021. The fee for using this scheme remains at £25 per transaction (a maximum of four Season Cards per transaction).

Jerry, what are the clubs plans if the rest of the season isn’t played / behind closed doors?

Its clear the virus isn’t going to go anytime soon. 

11 minutes ago, Big C said:

Probably hasn't answered because he or the club doesn't know until a decision is made on how/if the season is finished

Say that then? Instead of completely ignoring questions, unless he’s been furloughed then I understand he can’t do work. 

2 hours ago, S25loyal said:

Say that then? Instead of completely ignoring questions, unless he’s been furloughed then I understand he can’t do work. 

There's a subforum called SLO Q&A.

It's there for asking questions.

Maybe ask him on there?

Archived