IGNORED

Thorn Security - Retro Shirt

Lenners

Afternoon.

Complete long shot but does anybody have one of the Thorn Security shirts in a minimum they'd be willing to sell or know anyone that does, size medium?

I've been looking everywhere for years but have never had any luck, as said it's a long shot as they seem to be like gold dust but thought it'd be worth a go.

Cheers

1 hour ago, JollyestOli said:

Afternoon.

Complete long shot but does anybody have one of the Thorn Security shirts in a minimum they'd be willing to sell or know anyone that does, size medium?

I've been looking everywhere for years but have never had any luck, as said it's a long shot as they seem to be like gold dust but thought it'd be worth a go.

Cheers

Expensive, but...

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F383474131986

1 hour ago, JollyestOli said:

Afternoon.

Cheers

May have.  Got a bunch of old ones in the basement.  Allow me time to put on some proper clothes on and have a look.

3 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Quite intrigued to know what proper clothes you need to put on to visit your basement ???

Fair enough.  Live in some flats so have to go down through public areas.  Been wearing the same joggers for a week.  Food stains all over them.  I look like an effing disaster.  ?

4 hours ago, JollyestOli said:

Afternoon.

Cheers

Try buy and sell sites on Facebook in your area 

not a huge fan of Facebook but sometimes it can be quite handy for things like this 

just say it’s a want with the picture of the shirt ... best of luck 

19 hours ago, JollyestOli said:

Afternoon.

I've just checked mine. The label isn't L or M or S, instead it states 38/40" chest. That any use to you?

As mentioned, there are two TS shirts, the original one worn from 90 through to early 92, then the black crackle version worn for 92-93 before we changed sponsor on the same shirt to DBC. 

The first shirt was tight fit so are true to the period size, but the second shirt was made in an era where very ‘baggy’ was the fashion and S/M/L was a size up/down.  

I have the second shirt (signed by the whole squad) in my collection and it’s a 40-42... but it is HUGE, more a XL/XXL in today’s money!

:)

4 hours ago, 22A said:

I've just checked mine. The label isn't L or M or S, instead it states 38/40" chest. That any use to you?

That's the size I got too.  Struggling to give it away atm...meanwhile.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F383474131986

If it is worth that then maybe I should start wearing it.  Be the most expensive piece of clothing I own. 

3 hours ago, kmpowell said:

As mentioned, there are two TS shirts, the original one worn from 90 through to early 92, then the black crackle version worn for 92-93 before we changed sponsor on the same shirt to DBC. 

The first shirt was tight fit so are true to the period size, but the second shirt was made in an era where very ‘baggy’ was the fashion and S/M/L was a size up/down.  

I have the second shirt (signed by the whole squad) in my collection and it’s a 40-42... but it is HUGE, more a XL/XXL in today’s money!

:)

That's 42-44 and i can confirm it's huge.

15873062373738478847158588423569.jpg

On 19/04/2020 at 09:45, 22A said:

Sorry for a delayed response mate been flat out.

That would be amazing, let me know how much you want for it if you're sure.

22 hours ago, JollyestOli said:

Sorry for a delayed response mate been flat out.

That would be amazing, let me know how much you want for it if you're sure.

Apologies, but my wife has just pointed out, it has a nasty, indelible stain on the side, so isn't really sellable.

Archived