IGNORED

OTIB Trivia Quiz

Nogbad the Bad

23 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

Superb logic Nogs. You guessed that Mark might be Ashton and you'd be correct. 

However, it isn't Joe Baker who's son may or may not be our favourite Helicopter Charity's PR guy!

I'll give you another clue. His christian name isn't Joe but you got the first two letters correct!

Had he an extra letter, he could've helped Mark at BS3.

Toughie.... think the guess above may have been my best shot, but I'll give it some more thought Norn. ?

4 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Toughie.... think the guess above may have been my best shot, but I'll give it some more thought Norn. ?

Excellent try. It's not as tougher as you think!

He played in a live footy match late 60s. Not many non-internationals were shown in those days. If it helps, it was shown live midweek.

First name begins with Jo.

You know who Mark is now.

Had he an extra letter, he could've helped Mark at BS3.

@Norn Iron... not totally sure he was a footballer, but adding those clues together gives me a name at least. Seems the likeliest combination. Pretty convinced.

It’s Johannes Shton, right?

:smartass:

(Ok, ok, the first sentence still stands: John Aston?)

And @Nogbad the Bad - while I want it to be Native American Hissing Nike, is it actually @wayne allisons tongues?

10 minutes ago, RedYoshi said:

@Norn Iron... not totally sure he was a footballer, but adding those clues together gives me a name at least. Seems the likeliest combination. Pretty convinced.

And @Nogbad the Bad - while I want it to be Native American Hissing Nike, is it actually @wayne allisons tongues?

I reckon you might be on the money with that one.

54 minutes ago, RedYoshi said:

As stated earlier, you really are storming it Yoshi! 

It is indeed John Aston. Played for Man Utd in the European Cup Final 1968 on the wing. He dominated the game. He couldn't get back into the team after breaking his leg and joined First Division newcomers Luton Town, my local team. He was superb there as well.

If you added an extra letter (in this case H) to John's surname you'd get Ashton as in Mark of BS3.

57 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Ive noticed some very poor taste jokes about tones clothing here.

Im not going to get shirty with you.

Thanks Mum

1 hour ago, Oh Louie louie said:

If you thought of a roman wearing one of tones shirts, you may get the answer.

Style icon ?

Great teamwork @Norn Iron & @Oh Louie louie - Shtanley it is. My clue was gonna be “don’t say what you see, say what he sees”.

I’d never have got Corinthian Casuals. Was working through double-barrelled, same initialled clubs, and after Wolverhampton Wanderers and Cardiff City, I was left wondering if there was a weekday revolution in Yorkshire that led to the creation of a splinter club called Sheffield Sunday.

Archived