IGNORED

The Coronavirus and its impact on sport/Fans Return (Merged)

Loderingo

1 hour ago, ZiderEyed said:

I'm currently self isolating on the advice of my GP. Despite the fact im quite young and pretty fit I do feel like death, and I'd rather not give anything to someone who would seriously suffer with it.

I was told I'm not going to be screened because (despite showing all symptoms) I haven't been abroad at all, which puts paid to any idea I had of remaining NHS sensibility. There's 2 other people in buildings within 200yds of me also under isolation so I'm shit scared.

Sorry to hear that mate... Take care and Get Well Soon. 

• Thanks 1

Given that if our experience follows the Italian trajectory we shall need a lot more hospital beds, can anyone tell me how many extra beds have been produced for use in a very likely emergency?  The NHS doesn't seem to have enough beds for a healthy summer from what I can tell.

Can we build a 1000 bed hospital in a week?  I really don't think so.

• Like 1

• Admin
4 hours ago, pillred said:

And so it starts.

4 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

Several Arsenal players & officials have been in close contact with Olympiacos owner Marinakis during Europa League game 13days ago.. Marinakis has the Covid-19 virus.. 

Factual inaccuracies have started

He has CORONAVIRUS 

He DOESN'T have Covid-19

• Thanks 2
  • Hmmm 1

5 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Given that if our experience follows the Italian trajectory we shall need a lot more hospital beds, can anyone tell me how many extra beds have been produced for use in a very likely emergency?  The NHS doesn't seem to have enough beds for a healthy summer from what I can tell.

Can we build a 1000 bed hospital in a week?  I really don't think so

5 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Can we build a 1000 bed hospital in a week?  I really don't think so.

I think we could as long as politicians, councillors, planners and health & safety aren’t involved. 

7 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Well that’s new info - the consistent stuff has previously said ‘close contact’ when you are vulnerable to catch this infection is defined as being within 2 metres of someone for 15 minutes - where did you get your facts from? Not saying you’re wrong, but it’s contradictory 

Research from China. This Doctor discusses  this in the first few minutes in this video. He’s been very reliable and informative. 

• Like 1

• Admin
28 minutes ago, swanker said:

Whatever he’s got is enough to get a panic on though. Watch this take off, I don’t think we’ve got a clue on how this is going to pan out?

True

One has killed thousands one has killed very few

Certainly not the way around the press would like you to believe 

7 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Your ‘ridiculous’ - ‘barely a case in this country’ post was only 16 days ago - alarming how quickly this thing has evolved and spread? 

Nice to know how often you think about me.  Has the season been cancelled then? That’s what I called ridiculous. I can’t see that it has. Perhaps you can send me a link! 

• Haha 1

• Admin

Part of the problem is that people ARE being diagnosed with Coronavirus (as they have been since the 1950s) but very few are catching Covid-19 and everyone seems to be treating them both as the same when they are not. 

Just like any other airborne bug you have to be within 6ft of an affected person for at least 15 minutes to catch the Coronavirus, but the sensationalist headlines and misleading news stories has put everyone into a panic 

It's funny how there is next to no news reporting that new cases etc in the Chinese regions are dropping daily and the infamous hospital that was built quickly is now standing empty as it is not required. 

Even the Italian "lockdown" is misleading as people were still working as normal yesterday 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, phantom said:

Part of the problem is that people ARE being diagnosed with Coronavirus (as they have been since the 1950s) but very few are catching Covid-19 and everyone seems to be treating them both as the same when they are not. 

Just like any other airborne bug you have to be within 6ft of an affected person for at least 15 minutes to catch the Coronavirus, but the sensationalist headlines and misleading news stories has put everyone into a panic 

It's funny how there is next to no news reporting that new cases etc in the Chinese regions are dropping daily and the infamous hospital that was built quickly is now standing empty as it is not required. 

Even the Italian "lockdown" is misleading as people were still working as normal yesterday 

A work colleague has just returned from Europe and he spent a few weeks in Italy. Lets say he definitely got within 6ft of many woman on many occasions. He is fit as a fiddle and still smiling.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, phantom said:

But this isn't true Phantom? 

You accuse the media of being sensationalist and then post untrue stuff yourself? I really don't understand...

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I agree it seems unlikely we will end up with that many deaths.

However, the “people” you refer to are the UK chief medical officer - and it’s not a forecast as such, it’s a reasonable worst-case scenario and one he said was unlikely.

That’s not “scaremongering”, that’s one of the most qualified medical experts in the country making a statement based on considered analysis.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/03/03/80-people-uk-catch-coronavirus-worst-case-scenario-12339867/amp/

I will repeat again; there has been an average of 17,000 per year, seasonal flu related deaths from 2014-2019 just how many were reported daily by the media and how many mass attendance events were cancelled? I`ll save you the time for looking....none and none. :dunno: