IGNORED

The Coronavirus and its impact on sport/Fans Return (Merged)

Loderingo

13 hours ago, hodge said:

So you get a stream for buying a ticket? So if more than 1 person from the same household have a ticket you pay twice, three times much for a stream if you've already bought your tickets? Seems fair..... :ermm:

I suspect there are many options to sorting this, from:

a. Giving you bugger all compensation

z. Giving you something / all back

I’ve no idea what the T&Cs say for my season tickets.

1 hour ago, Nathandao said:

If the season does get cancelled, what will happen to bets placed on season long markets? I have some money on us getting promoted that I chucked on the day we signed Benik. Will there be a refund or would I be stuffed?

I would imagine bet refunded as a free bet if you've placed it online at least, that way bookies 'give' money back but will most likely end up keeping 90% of it through lost bets with it then placed again

19 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I suspect there are many options to sorting this, from:

a. Giving you bugger all compensation

z. Giving you something / all back

I’ve no idea what the T&Cs say for my season tickets.

I'm gunna guess option a, would be nice if they at least offered you the amount of games to stream that you've bought tickets for so to say. IE you've bought 3 tickets for Sheff Wednesday at home, if played behind closed doors you then get credited for 3 games you can watch a stream 

• Like 1

Currently self-isolating. Came back from Malta and a week later I started sweating, aching and feeling wiped out. Lots of Italians on Malta as it's only a ferry ride away. Feels like the start of a heavy cold to be honest but my Mrs works in the NHS so I'm housebound. 

Box set heaven ?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, harvey54 said:

Currently self-isolating. Came back from Malta and a week later I started sweating, aching and feeling wiped out. Lots of Italians on Malta as it's only a ferry ride away. Feels like the start of a heavy cold to be honest but my Mrs works in the NHS so I'm housebound. 

Box set heaven ?

Take it easy mate

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I’ll send you a link when it’s avaîlable Red Dave - incidentally, I see you’ve changed your forum name from Red Dave to ‘And Its Smith’ - you may wish to make a further change, it should be...”It’s” - just to make it correct ...cheers

‘ Its ‘ is ‘ And’s ‘ middle name .

:disapointed2se:

Edited by Major Isewater

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, that would make sense....clubs would make some money back on iFollow / Robinstv payments.

Think it would be pretty outrageous if fans had to pay for streaming away games. These are unprecedented times and I think clubs should take the small financial hit (relatively speaking) and allow people to watch streams to home and away games. 

That said, there will be so many streams available anyway that if you want one I'm sure anyone can find one now loads more people have access to them.

2 hours ago, Nathandao said:

If the season does get cancelled, what will happen to bets placed on season long markets? I have some money on us getting promoted that I chucked on the day we signed Benik. Will there be a refund or would I be stuffed?

If its cancelled, the bet would be void, so you would get your money back, same as a non runner in horse racing....I think !!

Interesting conversation with a member of Garda earlier today.  He thinks schools here will be closed from tomorrow.  The containment measures are all about numbers of respiratory machines each individual country has, once that hits it's tipping point then the shit really hits the fan. ( His words )

So Olympiacos vs Wolves where the Olympiacos owner had/has Covid-19 is going ahead as ordered by UEFA but Man City vs Real Madrid where a member of the basketball team got it (shared facilities/small campus) so Real Madrid have all gone into a self imposed 14 day isolation? Juve/Lyon just been called off as well as a Juve player has it. No news on Chelsea/Bayern Munich yet.

Edited by hodge

Well worker from quedgeley Tesco isolating with virus today (went there yesterday and today) and a patient in Southmead Hospital with virus also today (went there Tuesday to visit my mother) ??

• Admin

Was in Manchester working for a few days, this morning a few of us felt a bit rough with sore throat and high temperatures, we just put it down to a late night last night. 

We found out one of the managers we were with yesterday has been told to go into self isolation after phoning 111.

Obviously this is reported to senior management, we then get a message saying we've all got to get off of the premises as soon as possible and work from home until further notice. 

Typically I was all over the UK next week at meetings so I need to cancel everything. 

Now stood on the train back from Manchester to Bristol in the vestibule area as don't want to risk passing anything on

Am sure it's just a head cold but feel rough

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I’ll send you a link when it’s avaîlable Red Dave - incidentally, I see you’ve changed your forum name from Red Dave to ‘And Its Smith’ - you may wish to make a further change, it should be...”It’s” - just to make it correct ...cheers

Can only change it once a year apparently. Do you actually think the season will be cancelled rather than postponed? Honestly?  What would happen with all the results so far, just ignore them ?

45 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Think it would be pretty outrageous if fans had to pay for streaming away games. These are unprecedented times and I think clubs should take the small financial hit (relatively speaking) and allow people to watch streams to home and away games. 

That said, there will be so many streams available anyway that if you want one I'm sure anyone can find one now loads more people have access to them.

You may be right, but what I was trying to say is the average fan (those not using VPN Airways) have only one way of watching an away game, and that’s by buying a ticket and going.  If they have bought a ticket, give them a code to stream the game or offer refund.  For the rest of us, we wouldn’t normally be allowed to watch an away game so to make up for lost matchday revenue, allow us to purchase a stream.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, phantom said:

Was in Manchester working for a few days, this morning a few of us felt a bit rough with sore throat and high temperatures, we just put it down to a late night last night. 

We found out one of the managers we were with yesterday has been told to go into self isolation after phoning 111.

Obviously this is reported to senior management, we then get a message saying we've all got to get off of the premises as soon as possible and work from home until further notice. 

Typically I was all over the UK next week at meetings so I need to cancel everything. 

Now stood on the train back from Manchester to Bristol in the vestibule area as don't want to risk passing anything on

Am sure it's just a head cold but feel rough

Try to be at work 6 a.m, don't take a coffee break and head home lunchtime passing Systembolaget  

• Like 1