IGNORED

The Coronavirus and its impact on sport/Fans Return (Merged)

Loderingo

So.

Our approach in moving to “delay” is to stay at home if you think you have Coronavirus, and to not go on a cruise if you’re over 70.

Somehow, our science is better than the rest of the worlds and our attitude of “We’re British, we’ll get through” will serve us well.

Realise that this isn’t a politics thread, but the blokes a f****** moron. Gives warning that many will die and then does nothing to prevent it.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 2

17 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

So.

Our approach in moving to “delay” is to stay at home if you think you have Coronavirus, and to not go on a cruise if you’re over 70.

Somehow, our science is better than the rest of the worlds and our attitude of “We’re British, we’ll get through” will serve us well.

Realise that this isn’t a politics thread, but the blokes a f****** moron. Gives warning that many will die and then does nothing to prevent it.

Still feels like he's not taking it seriously. 

23 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

So.

Working in the NHS we follow the guidelines from the experts. As would our government. People trying to gain political points are pretty sad . 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Seems a very sensible way forward to me.

We are a bit behind other parts of Europe in the spread of the virus and its probably too soon to go into lockdowns (for reasons which have been explained fully)  - but they will come in the near future.

Perfectly happy with the non-panic mode of the government so far.

24 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

So.

He couldn't answer a question from a journalist as to why were not following similar protocols of other countries 

On schools they've said they're not closing them because it seems to have less of an effect on children..... But they still can carry it just as well so it doesn't stop it from spreading any more just the kids are likely to get ill from it so doing f all to prevent spreading it 

18 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Very surprised the response hasn't become more robust.  I've been highlighting the need for balance between economic and health concerns, but this now feels like it's swinging too far one way.

Will also be interesting to see if this has an impact on attendances this weekend.

We can certainly agree on this. Certainly didn’t want panic measures, but this just comes across as hopelessly complacent and inadequate. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

Can only change it once a year apparently. Do you actually think the season will be cancelled rather than postponed? Honestly?  What would happen with all the results so far, just ignore them ?

I think a postponement is more likely as more and more sporting events around the globe are being called off ... but trying a resume a ‘halted’ season would cause all sorts of issues and confusion and knock on effects - it’s a worrying and troubling time. I really wouldn’t rule out the cancellation of many sporting programmes. 

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I think a postponement is more likely as more and more sporting events around the globe are being called off ... but trying a resume a ‘halted’ season would cause all sorts of issues and confusion and knock on effects - it’s a worrying and troubling time. I really wouldn’t rule out the cancellation of many sporting programmes. 

No doubt there will be postponements but cancelling a whole season would cause uproar. 

23 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Very surprised the response hasn't become more robust.  I've been highlighting the need for balance between economic and health concerns, but this now feels like it's swinging too far one way.

Will also be interesting to see if this has an impact on attendances this weekend.

It sounded more the balance with behavioural science than economics. They said peak is still 10-14 weeks away. Lock down is tough and they will want it to be working effectively right across and after the peak. Not lock down too early because the behavioural science says people won’t sustain it for that long. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Was in Manchester working for a few days, this morning a few of us felt a bit rough with sore throat and high temperatures, we just put it down to a late night last night. 

We found out one of the managers we were with yesterday has been told to go into self isolation after phoning 111.

I’m not a doctor, however if you were only with this guy yesterday and he’s now been told to go into isolation and you started getting symptoms this morning, then that’s not a long enough incubation period for your sore throat to have anything to do with your manager. Your best bet is to phone 111 and ask for their advice.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, eardun said:

It sounded more the balance with behavioural science than economics. They said peak is still 10-14 weeks away. Lock down is tough and they will want it to be working effectively right across and after the peak. Not lock down too early because the behavioural science says people won’t sustain it for that long. 

Exactly. 

But let's listen to the self declared experts and panickers on here instead. 

4 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I’m not a doctor, however if you were only with this guy yesterday and he’s now been told to go into isolation and you started getting symptoms this morning, then that’s not a long enough incubation period for your sore throat to have anything to do with your manager. Your best bet is to phone 111 and ask for their advice.

5.1 days the latest estimate I saw- certainly not a long enough period yet.