IGNORED

The Coronavirus and its impact on sport/Fans Return (Merged)

Loderingo

15 minutes ago, Wade Wilson said:

Genuine question, how many of you are still planning to go to upcoming City games? 

Mate - I genuinely don’t know. I’ve lost pension money on the stock market - the world has turned upside down in a few weeks. I’m 50:50 to sit inside a cupboard for a month, or say **** it and go to the game and shout out my support. 

These are unprecedented times. Thank **** for Malbec 

15 minutes ago, Wade Wilson said:

It’s probably (definitely) my anxiety talking but maybe people by and large shouldn’t go? I mean I’m 28, if I get this thing I’ll be fine. But I don’t wanna risk passing it to my Dad, in his 60’s, or whoever else. It just feels like common sense at this stage really. I just have this gut feeling some tit will be at the games with a cough thinking it’s nothing and then uh oh. Better to be safe than sorry, surely. 

Understandable.

But it really is a risk analysis.

Will you be sitting near someone with the virus in a crowd of 20k ? What's the odds ?

Or, if you go to a pub before or after the game, what's the odds ? Probably more likely I would think.

Or, if you go to work, what's the odds ?

etc.

If you dad is in his 60's with no underlying conditions, what's the odds of him having the virus and it being fatal ?

Up to you, you do the risk assessment but I do understand where you are coming from.

Personally, I'll go to the games as long as they are being played and as long as I don't have any symptoms.

Off to the theatre tomorrow night - no problems or worries at all. Life goes on.

2 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

I agree with the non closures of schools................. parents just can't take time off just like that so it will be down to the "at risk" grand parents .

Which is exactly why it’s got so bad in Italy, all the kids went off to stay with grandparents and infected them. Not just that, initially families all went off on holiday when schools shut spreading it everywhere.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I suspect that is what I’ll be doing in all honesty.

Yep don't blame you. For night matches I have a mad rush home, barely time for a quick shower and straight  out so I can park ,and then can't even have a drink. Might be my choice too.

4 minutes ago, The Bard said:

The fairest way to deal with this would be to base the final table on the first half of the season where each club has played each other once.  That is a league rather than a half-arsed 70% finished league

It won't happen though..

Wouldn't affect too much _ Liverpool still champs WBA & Leeds promoted.

Have the PL as 24 teams next season with 4 relegated.

11 hours ago, Agard Days Night said:

Meaning the at risk older generations are likely to die. But @Olé can’t get to the football. Will you please get some perspective on this and think of the real issues at hand. Absolute shambles and people need to get a grip and get Rob to the match. 

I've been working all day and you've had my name in your mouth all day from the mentions I've just seen. I'm sorry that you didn't get the catch you were fishing for, I
can't imagine how sad your life must be to spend your day trolling people on the web.

While you're trying to be clever and acting like I don't care about people dieing, I had challenged why people were flying in and out of the country freely but there was talk about shutting football down as a priority. The problem didn't come here via football.

Exactly ten years ago the whole of Europe shut down flights in seconds and for two weeks. It's that easy. Am sure it would've been more effective. I know this because it took me a week to get back to Bristol from work and I missed my dad passing away after a year by his side in intensive care. 

So spare me your pathetic trolling like I don't care about older generations dieing. I was very clear I was talking about double standards. No one said shit about flights or stopping them yet it was obviously the source of the problem. But now there is a narrative that stopping football is the plan.

I call out bull**** you just post it. Now kindly **** off and stop mentioning me. 

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

People dropping dead in their droves ?

FFS.

The government are expecting many thousands of extra deaths a week at the peak of the pandemic, and arrangements are being made for crematoria to run 24/7.

It seems a fair description to me. People need to understand what's coming.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Stortz said:

The government are expecting many thousands of extra deaths a week at the peak of the pandemic, and arrangements are being made for crematoria to run 24/7.

It seems a fair description to me. People need to understand what's coming.

Yes, plenty of very naive people on this thread. Just look at page 1 to 5 and you'll see how utterly wet behind the ears a number of people are. 

The evidence was out there a long time ago. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Chappers said:

Must confess that I expected slightly more than no over-70’s on cruises and no school trips for the ‘Delay’ phase. 

Anyone would think a reduction in benefit and pension liabilities suits the government, the way they've carried on so far. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Dunno. Not spoke to him. China new cases have plateaued though. A lot of factories now back open and capacity growing weekly.  Cheers 

China not happy with a fraction of 1% getting it so take stern and effective action. 

Out government resigned to 80% possibly getting it. 

UK plc is gambling with millions of lives. 

4 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Seems a very sensible way forward to me.

We are a bit behind other parts of Europe in the spread of the virus and its probably too soon to go into lockdowns (for reasons which have been explained fully)  - but they will come in the near future.

Perfectly happy with the non-panic mode of the government so far.

Not particularly a fan of this government (that’s probably an understatement) but they seem to be acting on medical and scientific experts advice about the right time to make certain decisions.

listening to them earlier it seemed to make sense, I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt for now and hope their plan is the right one.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

I’m getting told off on twitter for mentioning anything cynical like that!!!

Most people on twitter don't care about others. Community means nothing to them. 

It's pretty much every man for themselves in UK society. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Not particularly a fan of this government (that’s probably an understatement) but they seem to be acting on medical and scientific experts advice about the right time to make certain decisions.

listening to them earlier it seemed to make sense, I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt for now and hope their plan is the right one.

That’s all we can do, and take our own measures.

5 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Yes, plenty of very naive people on this thread. Just look at page 1 to 5 and you'll see how utterly wet behind the ears a number of people are. 

The evidence was out there a long time ago. 

I know, I despair tbh. It almost seems a competition amongst some on here to prove how blasé they are about the threat of this.

All the best to you and your family.

2 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

I agree, it did sound logical- but I can't help but wonder why are we're the only country in the entire world who are taking this approach, especially when the WHO recommends the opposite.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Stortz said:

I know, I despair tbh. It almost seems a competition amongst some on here to prove how blasé they are about the threat of this.

All the best to you and your family.

I agree, it did sound logical- but I can't help but wonder why are we're the only country in the entire world who are taking this approach, especially when the WHO recommends the opposite.

The same reason we've ignored the most vulnerable in society, in plain sight, for over a decade. 

• Like 5

If some of you feel that strongly about this virus and want to blame the government for not acting what exactly do you want them to do? it's possible to be responsible for your own actions, personally I think they are trying to strike a balance between respecting our personal freedom and not trying to scare the living daylights out of people, I live with someone who is in great danger from this, I wont go into detail but believe me if she gets it she probably wouldn't survive it, all this scare talk will only make things worse look after yourself in any way you can but don't let it rule your life, at the moment the chances of getting the virus are still very small let's hope it turns out to be much less of a threat than some on here are making it out to be.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

Arteta has tested positive.

It seems to be absolutely everywhere. 

The only shred of positivity I can muster - if there really are thousands of undiagnosed folk, yet the deaths are accurate, the death rate may be closer to 0.1%, rather than 1 to 2 %. 

• Like 4