IGNORED

The Coronavirus and its impact on sport/Fans Return (Merged)

Loderingo

12 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

The same reason we've ignored the most vulnerable in society, in plain sight, for over a decade. 

So everybody who agrees with this comment put your hand up.

Good, lots of us.

Now, hands up if you voted Labour in the 2019 election...

Ah, not so many of you.

Something doesn't quite add up then.

What is it we are after ?

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, pillred said:

If some of you feel that strongly about this virus and want to blame the government for not acting what exactly do you want them to do? it's possible to be responsible for your own actions, personally I think they are trying to strike a balance between respecting our personal freedom and not trying to scare the living daylights out of people, I live with someone who is in great danger from this, I wont go into detail but believe me if she gets it she probably wouldn't survive it, all this scare talk will only make things worse look after yourself in any way you can but don't let it rule your life, at the moment the chances of getting the virus are still very small let's hope it turns out to be much less of a threat than some on here are making it out to be.

People don't take responsibly, thats the point. 

Let me give you one example, 3 chaps at work go out every day this week to buy sandwiches at the supermarket. One small thing they could do is buy their lunches for the week and take just the one visit. They couldn't see that when I pointed it out. 

Government advice doesn't extend beyond hand washing. It does nothing to to increase preparedness or reduce risk to others. It doesn't go close to suggesting that you could save lives by not taking unnecessary trips out, for example. I could go on. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

So everybody who agrees with this comment put your hand up.

Good, lots of us.

Now, hands up if you voted Labour in the 2019 election...

Ah, not so many of you.

Something doesn't quite add up then.

What is it we are after ?

The election tells you that while the government have been utter shits for a decade, the populous are quite happy with that. That's why I've given up on people. I've a few friends and that's enough until I croak it. The rest?... Meh. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

People don't take responsibly, thats the point. 

Let me give you one example, 3 chaps at work go out every day this week to buy sandwiches at the supermarket. One small thing they could do is buy their lunches for the week and take just the one visit. They couldn't see that when I pointed it out. 

Government advice doesn't extend beyond hand washing. It does nothing to to increase preparedness or reduce risk to others. It doesn't go close to suggesting that you could save lives by not taking unnecessary trips out, for example. I could go on. 

You're right, everyone should start to adapt their behaviour right now; not because of an order from the government, but from a sense of responsibility to everyone, and particularly the most vulnerable in our society.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Olé said:

I've been working all day and you've had my name in your mouth all day from the mentions I've just seen. I'm sorry that you didn't get the catch you were fishing for, I
can't imagine how sad your life must be to spend your day trolling people on the web.

While you're trying to be clever and acting like I don't care about people dieing, I had challenged why people were flying in and out of the country freely but there was talk about shutting football down as a priority. The problem didn't come here via football.

Exactly ten years ago the whole of Europe shut down flights in seconds and for two weeks. It's that easy. Am sure it would've been more effective. I know this because it took me a week to get back to Bristol from work and I missed my dad passing away after a year by his side in intensive care. 

So spare me your pathetic trolling like I don't care about older generations dieing. I was very clear I was talking about double standards. No one said shit about flights or stopping them yet it was obviously the source of the problem. But now there is a narrative that stopping football is the plan.

I call out bull**** you just post it. Now kindly **** off and stop mentioning me. 

How is it trolling to say there’s more to life than football and whether or not you get to an away game? Your names not been in my mouth all day cheers I just responded and called bullshit on your pity party. 

46 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Surely they will just cancel the Arsenal game(s) for two weeks at this stage??

As/when the EFL do anything, I hope they go for suspension of games, rather than BCD’s

I assume the EFL will follow whatever decision the premier league takes?

2 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Next up (home) Sheff Wed, on the Red button? I think a few might take that option. 

This for me, even being at an age that's low risk I attend games with my dad who is in his 60's so it seems an unnecessary risk. Even if its not on red button another solution despite it not being live would be I have a wyscout account so can watch the game in full when it goes on there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CotswoldRed said:

China not happy with a fraction of 1% getting it so take stern and effective action. 

Out government resigned to 80% possibly getting it. 

UK plc is gambling with millions of lives. 

Worst case the government expects 80% of a 60mil population to get the virus and 1% will die, that’s around 500,000 deaths, at best they expect half of this.  This is not scaremongering it’s real and has happened before

• Hmmm 1

26 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Worst case the government expects 80% of a 60mil population to get the virus and 1% will die, that’s around 500,000 deaths, at best they expect half of this.  This is not scaremongering it’s real and has happened before

Very worst case which won’t happen. World wide there’s been 125,000  people diagnosed , as of yesterday . So how we will get 500,000 dead in this country alone is ridiculous. 

Edited by steviestevieneville
  • Like 3

Things moving v quickly now. A couple of days ago, I did not  think it possible that season would be cancelled. Think it’s quite  likely now that City have played their last competitive game until August. Expect Euros to go too. Medical situation worrying, obviously but, without losing perspective, it’s the economic situation that is really terrifying. V few small to medium size retailers, pubs, restaurants or other leisure businesses will survive this without massive government intervention. Footfall in London already down 27%, in Newcastle it’s 47%.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bedred31 said:

Things moving v quickly now. A couple of days ago, I did not  think it possible that season would be cancelled. Think it’s quite  likely now that City have played their last competitive game until August. Expect Euros to go too. Medical situation worrying, obviously but, without losing perspective, it’s the economic situation that is really terrifying. V few small to medium size retailers, pubs, restaurants or other leisure businesses will survive this without massive government intervention. Footfall in London already down 27%, in Newcastle it’s 47%.  

I’m self employed and have already seen a drop off in work enquires. Nothing I can do about it so won’t worry . It will effect millions of people though . 

A great movie sure to come of all this in a few years time...

Your shouts for the cast...

? as Boris

? as Trump

? as Greta

? as Mikel Arteta

? as Cotswoldred

? as @Robbored who remains disturbingly quiet on the subject, might I add.. I'm sure he knows something we don't

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Haha 1

On 05/03/2020 at 21:19, BS4 on Tour... said:

How do you know this mate?

Sorry missed your question last week, I can't really say, but sadly it has played out like that. Schools will close on Friday 20th March and then life in Britain will look radically different for everyone. Sport, Glastonbury etc will not happen. 

• Hmmm 2

19 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Very worst case which won’t happen. World wide there’s been 125,000  people diagnosed , as of yesterday . So how we will get 500,000 dead in this country alone is ridiculous. 

I can see why you never became an epidemiologist Stevie.

2 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

Anyone would think a reduction in benefit and pension liabilities suits the government, the way they've carried on so far. 

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I’m getting told off on twitter for mentioning anything cynical like that!!!

I’m one of the most cynical people on here but  - do you really believe that tripe?  Really? Good grief ...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SX227 said:

NSW Health released details on the 13 latest cases. They are:

newcases1203.jpg

Still think it's an elderly persons problem this coronavirus? Young people are just as likely to get it and die, lesser numbers sure, but the blaise attitude from some is astonishing.

Nice way to **** up your argument, cos no they ain't. END OF