IGNORED

The Coronavirus and its impact on sport/Fans Return (Merged)

Loderingo

6 minutes ago, Super said:

Just seen pictures of WSM on facebook. Really hope its not today it looks really busy ffs.

It is. Shocking. Almost as shocking as the the Hundreds of people who thought it was ok to gatecrash Tesco " NHS hour" this morning.  Made me sick and ashamed to be English. 

26266748-0-image-a-5_1584888669921.jpg

Edited by ITK.....

12 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Like anybody else, but the point I’ve made to you which you keep ignoring is that playing a individual sport is no worse than what you’ve done this weekend. 

Hence why I’ve called you out on it. Are you still talking?

Tennis is an individual sport?! Haha. Think this isolation is burning your brain cells mate. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, LondonBristolian said:

You thought I meant one thing. I did not mean that thing and have explained that several times. Yet, rather than accept that you misinterpreted what I meant, you seem to be detemined to tell me you know what I meant better than I did and are taking snippets out of context to try to pretend I said and meant things I very, very clear did not from the context of the post.

If you read what I originally posted, it is very, very clear what I meant. Please stop erroneously telling me what I meant and please stop pretending you know what I meant better than I did. You interpreted what I meant differently to how I meant it. I'd be grateful if you would just accept that and stop trying to incorrectly pretend you know what I was really trying to say. It really is quite odd behaviour. 

I'm so bored I'm hoping you post photos of the results!

Very impressed with the results... pint glass for size comparison. Perhaps committed 2 minutes too long and they caught. 

Don’t get me started on other boredom activities. We’ve successfully recreated famous scenes from 2 of our favourite films; Jurassic Park & Gladiator. Sadly, they’re too big to post on here. 

oh and it was rob of beef. Lovely stuff. 

@Bristol Rob @Davefevs

870EB6F8-95BA-41F7-B2B8-EEC3E1C30CCD.jpeg

C131D041-1BFF-41DD-993F-BCDCC3B86EA8.jpeg

Edited by Fordy62
  • Like 2
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Tesco is a needed risk. Tennis isnt

Given the medical advisers are still saying that going out to get some exercise is recommended, what's wrong with tennis? If you play with other people from your household, you're likely to be doing more social distancing from others than if you go out for a walk. Sounds like a reasonable thing to do to me.  

4 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Very impressed with the results... pint glass for size comparison. Perhaps committed 2 minutes too long and they caught. 

Don’t get me started on other boredom activities. We’ve successfully recreated famous scenes from 2 of our favourite films; Jurassic Park & Gladiator. Sadly, they’re too big to post on here. 

@Bristol Rob @Davefevs

Great choice

Several pages back I saw some misleading figures about how many extra deaths there had been so far this year. In fact so far we are running at below the average of the last 5 years:

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/datasets/weeklyprovisionalfiguresondeathsregisteredinenglandandwales

Week number   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Week ended 03-Jan-20 10-Jan-20 17-Jan-20 24-Jan-20 31-Jan-20 07-Feb-20 14-Feb-20 21-Feb-20 28-Feb-20 06-Mar-20

Total deaths, all ages 12,254     14,058 12,990 11,856 11,612 10,986 10,944 10,841 10,816 10,895
Total deaths: average of corresponding                    
week over the previous 5 years  12,175     13,822 13,216 12,760 12,206 11,925 11,627 11,548 11,183

10 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

@Bristol Rob @Davefevs

The Doris makes a nice Yorkshire.

20160221_185110.jpg

15 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

@Bristol Rob @Davefevs

? ? ? literally

they look nice though!!

6 hours ago, wood_red said:

What is the point of that story, a few people are feeling ill after attending a festival (that they never had to attend). So just 3 people out of 250000 but it must have been caught there, surely there would be a lot higher percentage of people who got it if they got it there?

It's not as if they have been anywhere else is it? 

Perhaps not everyone posts on twitter when they’re ill? I know it was the last thing on my Mind when I had whatever it was at Xmas. I couldn’t even reach over to pick up my phone ? it would be surprising if no one caught or spread the virus at such a large gathering though.

6 hours ago, robin_unreliant said:

That was the kind of reaction I expected tbh. That isn't what I'm saying. Where is the shock and outrage for the 600,000 loved ones who die every year is the point. Why isn't there massive pressure to spend whatever it takes to save them when there isn't a pandemic. Why has everyone been happy to sit back and allow the govt to decide not to spend more on healthcare in the past when that is condemning people to die early? The reaction to this is at odds with how we normally decide spending on healthcate is all I'm saying. 

Many people voted for Brexit because of a bus slogan to spend more money on the NHS. The problem is since then no one has held the government to account for not actually giving the NHS any more money. There’s also the mismanagement that needs to be sorted before they throw money at it.

3 hours ago, daored said:

Stupid question , local pub is selling bottles - it’s a brewery. Is it safe to buy ? Keen to support them in this difficult time 

I saw places doing this, I appreciate they have to survive but people queuing up at the pub to have their bottles filled up with beer etc is as bad as them going to the pub in the first place - defeats the point

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

We will see how it pans out, to many people trying to make political miles out of this.  Why I've deleted a load of people on Facebook..

I don't understand why this shouldn't be talked about in political terms though. It's surely possible to criticise the government without making political miles out of the situation. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

@Bristol Rob @Davefevs

That is some extremely impressive work!

3 minutes ago, Super said:

I have given up with Boris. People arent listening ffs dont give them a choice. Show some ******* leadership.

No doubt they're waiting for a big spike in deaths before they impose anything stricter. "Only" 48 new ones today which isn't enough for them.

Tbh I think most people are anticipating that we'll be locked down before too long.

8 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

No doubt they're waiting for a big spike in deaths before they impose anything stricter. "Only" 48 new ones today which isn't enough for them.

Tbh I think most people are anticipating that we'll be locked down before too long.

But why wait ? Should be now 

20 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Stay at home, if you possibly can

thats really going to hammer the message home!

You could write that on a bit of paper and nail it to someones forehead - but some are so pig thick and ignorant, they'd still ignore it.

What else can be done ? Curfews policed by the army ? 

Edited by bcfc01

33 minutes ago, Super said:

I have given up with Boris. People arent listening ffs dont give them a choice. Show some ******* leadership.

Even if an Italian style ‘lockdown’ was imposed tonight the cases and deaths would still rise sharply over the next few weeks.

I don’t understand how we can still allow ******* morons to stroll around Weston Seafront in huge numbers despite the constant warnings from the Government and the Health Service?

Im a key worker so I’ve got no choice but there were plenty of people out and about in Bristol yesterday who certainly didn’t appear to be working.

Clearly a large number of people in this country can’t be trusted so this surely now needs to be enforced in some way.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, pillred said:

Could but wont, why should our figures be worse than China that has 25 times our population you should stop with the scaremongering as it isn't doing anyone any good, most of us are doing all we can (I said most) we don't need all the pessimism, give it a rest your preaching to the mostly converted apart from completely giving up on life there is little more most of us can do.

I wasn’t scaremongering and I certainly wasn’t preaching - so you give it a rest - I was responding to a poster who said he/she hadn’t seen quoted figures of 250k+ possible deaths - I was providing the info they asked for - that’s all, no need for you to butt in