IGNORED

The Coronavirus and its impact on sport/Fans Return (Merged)

Loderingo

8 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

You could write that on a bit of paper and nail it to someones forehead - but some are so pig thick and ignorant, they'd still ignore it.

What else can be done ? Curfews policed by the army ? 

I think more needs to be done for businesses that aren’t complying. I see the concerns they have about going under, and I completely understand but we still haven’t sent people to work from home yet except any one who has a cough (and some came in before being sent home).

i wouldn’t personally want an army enforced curfew, but I can’t see any other solution. People aren’t listening and they’re being selfish.

its really sad because following brexit this was an ideal opportunity for the whole country to pull together for a common good and could have gone a long way to bridge divides.

It's a funny world we live in.

If there's World War breaking out, you can rest assured those of us that are able would get called to arms, given some basic training and taught how to shoot and kill another man.

I wonder if a global pandemic posed a similar threat to our nation (which it could do), whether those of us that are 'low risk' could be trained and equipped to potentially save lives?

Surely it wouldn't be that hard to train someone to take Ob's or to intubate a patient? It could help free up the more fully trained staff to care for those who need it most.

I know it would never happen but sometimes you have to ask why and look at where our priorities lie...

...bit like how the EFL are celebrated for pledging £50m to clubs. How many ventilators does that get you now days?

Nevermind eh

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

i wouldn’t personally want an army enforced curfew, but I can’t see any other solution. People aren’t listening and they’re being selfish.

its really sad because following brexit this was an ideal opportunity for the whole country to pull together for a common good and could have gone a long way to bridge divides.

This.

The arguments on social media (and on here) between those who think we must all self-isolate and those who think they should just carry on as normal seem as bad if not worse than 

- leave v remain

- Johnson in v Johnson out

20 minutes ago, Cider_boy said:

This.

The arguments on social media (and on here) between those who think we must all self-isolate and those who think they should just carry on as normal seem as bad if not worse than 

- leave v remain

- Johnson in v Johnson out

I think the weather hasn’t helped the situation this weekend. It’s rained pretty much every day for about 4 months and then, the one day we’re all advised to stay indoors, out comes the sun. 
I doubt all those day trippers to Weston, Snowdonia etc wouldn’t have gone if it was pissing down with rain. 

It’s absolutely ridiculous. Why the **** are people taking a trip to the ******* seaside when they’ve been advised to stay in! It’s this sort of behaviour that will lead to the army on the streets. 

Clearly the general public can not be trusted to take on board these simple instructions, so it’s time to lockdown and for the army to patrol. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Not only have we got Coronavirus to contend with but we've also got nation states hell bent on stirring the pot of disinformation

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/18/russian-media-spreading-covid-19-disinformation

And people only too willing to help if it suits their agenda/bias/etc.

I suppose, snafu

Edited by bcfcfinker

1 hour ago, Northern Red said:

No doubt they're waiting for a big spike in deaths before they impose anything stricter. "Only" 48 new ones today which isn't enough for them.

Tbh I think most people are anticipating that we'll be locked down before too long.

How many is it going to take before the tossers infesting our society start listening? 1,000? 10,000? 100,000?  I rarely get pissed off with anything but the scenes from the seaside has left me fuming, its all 'me me me' these days.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Harry said:

I think the weather hasn’t helped the situation this weekend. It’s rained pretty much every day for about 4 months and then, the one day we’re all advised to stay indoors, out comes the sun. 
I doubt all those day trippers to Weston, Snowdonia etc wouldn’t have gone if it was pissing down with rain. 

It’s absolutely ridiculous. Why the **** are people taking a trip to the ******* seaside when they’ve been advised to stay in! It’s this sort of behaviour that will lead to the army on the streets. 

Clearly the general public can not be trusted to take on board these simple instructions, so it’s time to lockdown and for the army to patrol. 

It's the same with everything, a small minority ruining it for everyone else.

Countless examples down the years, but until they introduce draconian penalties for people who don't want to adhere to the advice (which they can't do until it becomes law) people will continue with a 'meh, I'll do what I want l' attitude.

Can we just cancel 2020 now. I’ve had enough.

Here is mine so far...

January 3rd - brother diagnosed out of blue of having 3 aggressive brain cancers and has ‘short months’ to live

January 10th - paralysed down his right side he is discharged from hospital to die, where he lives with his girlfriend and our 90 year old mother 

January 20th - take over my mothers pension and bank account as brother is paralysed to find out they have extracted and spent over £50000 of her savings. I have no idea what is was spent on and they are not saying

January 22nd - I predict to my partner that now the raping of my mothers finance has stopped, so will her care so and mother will be dead in 6 months. Try to get her extra care, social services not interested

Feb 25th Get a call from brothers sister that mother had taken a fall and had been rushed into hospital

Feb 27th mother dies with fractured skull from the fall. Coroner refuses to release body for funeral as the body needs to go to autopsy due to ‘unusual  injuries’

March 9th  autopsy completed, cause of death obvious, how it happened open to interpretation. No further action taken

March 13th. Finally received death certificate and funeral booked for March 24th

March 19th funeral postponed due to corona virus

anyone able to ‘beat this’?

• Sad 11

6 minutes ago, gl1 said:

Here is mine so far...

January 3rd - brother diagnosed out of blue of having 3 aggressive brain cancers and has ‘short months’ to live

January 10th - paralysed down his right side he is discharged from hospital to die, where he lives with his girlfriend and our 90 year old mother 

January 20th - take over my mothers pension and bank account as brother is paralysed to find out they have extracted and spent over £50000 of her savings. I have no idea what is was spent on and they are not saying

January 22nd - I predict to my partner that now the raping of my mothers finance has stopped, so will her care so and mother will be dead in 6 months. Try to get her extra care, social services not interested

Feb 25th Get a call from brothers sister that mother had taken a fall and had been rushed into hospital

Feb 27th mother dies with fractured skull from the fall. Coroner refuses to release body for funeral as the body needs to go to autopsy due to ‘unusual  injuries’

March 9th  autopsy completed, cause of death obvious, how it happened open to interpretation. No further action taken

March 13th. Finally received death certificate and funeral booked for March 24th

Sorry for your loss. 

• Thanks 1

• Admin
48 minutes ago, bcfcape91 said:

It's a funny world we live in.

If there's World War breaking out, you can rest assured those of us that are able would get called to arms, given some basic training and taught how to shoot and kill another man.

I wonder if a global pandemic posed a similar threat to our nation (which it could do), whether those of us that are 'low risk' could be trained and equipped to potentially save lives?

Surely it wouldn't be that hard to train someone to take Ob's or to intubate a patient? It could help free up the more fully trained staff to care for those who need it most.

I know it would never happen but sometimes you have to ask why and look at where our priorities lie...

...bit like how the EFL are celebrated for pledging £50m to clubs. How many ventilators does that get you now days?

Nevermind eh

On a similar point. 

F1 factories and vacuum cleaner companies in the UK have been designing and developing respiratory equipment ready for the rush in requirements 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Even if an Italian style ‘lockdown’ was imposed tonight the cases and deaths would still rise sharply over the next few weeks.

I don’t understand how we can still allow ******* morons to stroll around Weston Seafront in huge numbers despite the constant warnings from the Government and the Health Service?

Im a key worker so I’ve got no choice but there were plenty of people out and about in Bristol yesterday who certainly didn’t appear to be working.

Clearly a large number of people in this country can’t be trusted so this surely now needs to be enforced in some way.

Many seem to be treating it as extra holiday time. I read somewhere that quite a few are pretty pissed that Primark has closed its doors now, they had planned a shopping day tomorrow. Makes my blood boil when I no doubt will be in a high risk situation tomorrow, for just doing my job. I just read on my companies Facebook forum that the bosses are assuring us protection is on its way in the form of gel, masks and gloves but delivery time is 10 days plus for these items. WTF, I feel like quitting. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, gl1 said:

Here is mine so far...

This is one of the most distressing things I have read. I'm sorry to hear of the terrible time you've been having. I hope things improve soon.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, gl1 said:

Here is mine so far...

So sorry to hear this, you must be absolutely shattered. I really hope you have other family or friends that are supporting you as you can’t deal with all this by yourself, and all the other stuff which is around at the moment. Take care, stay strong and safe.

M x

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, RedM said:

So sorry to hear this, you must be absolutely shattered. I really hope you have other family or friends that are supporting you as you can’t deal with all this by yourself, and all the other stuff which is around at the moment. Take care, stay strong and safe.

M x

Ta. Thankfully yes. Great support from hubby, friends and work. Everyone’s been great. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, gl1 said:

Here is mine so far...

My own lot is pretty shite, but this tops anything I have encountered to date. Best of luck that something, anything, takes a turn for the better.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, phantom said:

On a similar point. 

F1 factories and vacuum cleaner companies in the UK have been designing and developing respiratory equipment ready for the rush in requirements 

Yes, definitely encouraging to hear, especially on the back of the deal with the Private Hospitals.

Even breweries such as Brewdog are stepping up and manufacturing and delivering Hand Sanitiser to Hospitals.

All these things combined could save many thousands of lives potentially. All about buying as many days/weeks/months as possible until a vaccine is (hopefully!) rolled out.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, gl1 said:

Here is mine so far...

I feel your pain as thats a lot for any family to contend with in a short space of time and hope things get better for you all now onwards 

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, gl1 said:

Here is mine so far...

wow sorry to hear all that, that’s truly awful.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Very impressed with the results... pint glass for size comparison. Perhaps committed 2 minutes too long and they caught. 

Don’t get me started on other boredom activities. We’ve successfully recreated famous scenes from 2 of our favourite films; Jurassic Park & Gladiator. Sadly, they’re too big to post on here. 

oh and it was rob of beef. Lovely stuff. 

@Bristol Rob @Davefevs

870EB6F8-95BA-41F7-B2B8-EEC3E1C30CCD.jpeg

C131D041-1BFF-41DD-993F-BCDCC3B86EA8.jpeg

Ford, reading your post  quickly I misread your comment as "don't get me started on other bedroom activities"!

In view of this,  when you then mentioned recreating scenes from Jurassic Park and Gladiator, and that the y were too big to post on here, I wondered what the heck we were in for - Fordy in a legionnaires uniform?!! :shocking:  

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, bcfcape91 said:

Yes, definitely encouraging to hear, especially on the back of the deal with the Private Hospitals.

Even breweries such as Brewdog are stepping up and manufacturing and delivering Hand Sanitiser to Hospitals.

All these things combined could save many thousands of lives potentially. All about buying as many days/weeks/months as possible until a vaccine is (hopefully!) rolled out.

Budweiser (or their parent company) are using all left over alcohol from production to make hand sanitiser too

1 hour ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

How many is it going to take before the tossers infesting our society start listening? 1,000? 10,000? 100,000?  I rarely get pissed off with anything but the scenes from the seaside has left me fuming, its all 'me me me' these days.

They should have rounded up all those strolling along the promenades at seaside resorts and extradited them to Northern Italy for the duration.

How any one cannot by now get the seriousness of the situation is beyond me, and it is the rank stupidity of those that seem to be ignoring advice that will affect thousands more than necessary. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, gl1 said:

Here is mine so far...

Just awful.

Hope you get through this difficult time without further heartache.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1