IGNORED

The Coronavirus and its impact on sport/Fans Return (Merged)

Loderingo

On 21/03/2020 at 20:16, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Tommy keep drinking the vodka, if you run out you can come to Tallinn on the ferry, if it's going, there is plenty here and at cheaper prices mainly because the Finns are not coming at the moment. My wife and I are booked on the mini cruise to Stockholm on the 20th April as it's our tenth wedding anniversary, not sure if it will go. Take care mate and all the best!

Should you make the trip get in touch. Our cats are possibly close relatives.

Chanel died on the 22nd of September 2018  6:22 p.m. 2018 14 years old.

We miss her a lot.

image.png.7379bdad23c17cc8157ea70242b66022.png

Edited by bristolcitysweden

1 hour ago, downendcity said:

Mrs D and I got out a map yesterday to organise or travel plans for the next few months.

1330425869_floorplan.thumb.jpg.fc044ad6008fba703df98d4a6926e6b5.jpg

:( 

Am I the only one seeing a chunky las in a short skirt on your car? 
Or am I going stir crazy already? 

5A0C961D-982B-457C-919C-B4F89AD9954B.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Admin

23/03/2020, 14:24 - Messages to this chat and calls are now secured with end-to-end encryption. World Health Organization may use another company to store, read and respond to your messages and calls. Tap for more info.

23/03/2020, 14:24 - This chat is with the official business account of "World Health Organization". Tap for more info.

23/03/2020, 14:25 - Hi

23/03/2020, 14:25 - World Health Organization: *Welcome to the World Health Organization*

Get information and guidance from WHO regarding the current outbreak of coronavirus disease (COVID-19).

*What would you like to know about coronavirus?*

Reply with a number (or emoji) at any time to get the latest information on the topic:

1. Latest numbers ?

2. Protect yourself ?

3. Your questions answered❓

4. Mythbusters ?

5. Travel advice ?️

6. News & Press ?

7. Share ⏩

23/03/2020, 14:28 - World Health Organization: *WHO Myth-busters*

There is a lot of false information around.

These are the facts.

? People of all ages CAN be infected by the coronavirus. Older people, and people with pre-existing medical conditions (such as asthma, diabetes, heart disease) appear to be more vulnerable to becoming severely ill with the virus.

❄️ Cold weather and snow CANNOT kill the coronavirus.

☀️ The coronavirus CAN be transmitted in areas with hot and humid climates ? The coronavirus CANNOT be transmitted through mosquito bites.

? There is NO evidence that companion animals/pets such as dogs or cats can transmit the coronavirus.

? Taking a hot bath DOES NOT prevent the coronavirus

? Hand dryers are NOT effective in killing the coronavirus

? Ultraviolet light SHOULD NOT be used for sterilization and can cause skin irritation

?️ Thermal scanners CAN detect if people have a fever but CANNOT detect whether or not someone has the coronavirus

? Spraying alcohol or chlorine all over your body WILL NOT kill viruses that have already entered your body

? Vaccines against pneumonia, such as pneumococcal vaccine and _Haemophilus influenzae_ type b (Hib) vaccine, DO NOT provide protection against the coronavirus.

? There is NO evidence that regularly rinsing the nose with saline has protected people from infection with the coronavirus.

? Garlic is healthy but there is NO evidence from the current outbreak that eating garlic has protected people from the coronavirus.

? Antibiotics DO NOT work against viruses, antibiotics only work against bacteria.

? To date, there is NO specific medicine recommended to prevent or treat the coronavirus.

Check the facts on the WHO website: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public/myth-busters ?

Reply 0 for Menu

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Super said:

Just seen pics of the tube bring rammed with people. Shut us down today ffs.

What you are overlooking here is that zero hours or certain jobs, don't work and don't get paid. 

Plus a proportion of these will be supermarket- necessary, limited number of teachers- necessary, key workers- necessary. 

These are people who cannot, literally cannot take time off work, or work from home for varying reasons..what, exactly, do you suggest?

There is also a saying that society is 9 meals from anarchy. Now I don't know how true that is, but things can start to breakdown- rapidly at that- if people cannot feed themselves let alone their children.

Clearly as many people as possible need to stay at home but short term, how feasible? 

Lastly, Daily Mail said 28 tube stations were shut. That can present a misleading picture.

I agree things need shutting down BUT you're taking a part of the situation in isolation here. More nuanced.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Starting to think that humanity may never fully recover from this situation.  There's too much damage being caused to the world's infrastructure that will only worsen with time and may never be restored.

Remember the days when football seemed important?

Sorry to sound overly bleak.

The world recovered after WW2 and it will recover after this IMO.

38 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

What you are overlooking here is that zero hours or certain jobs, don't work and don't get paid. 

Plus a proportion of these will be supermarket- necessary, limited number of teachers- necessary, key workers- necessary. 

These are people who cannot, literally cannot take time off work, or work from home for varying reasons..what, exactly, do you suggest?

There is also a saying that society is 9 meals from anarchy. Now I don't know how true that is, but things can start to breakdown- rapidly at that- if people cannot feed themselves let alone their children.

Clearly as many people as possible need to stay at home but short term, how feasible? 

Lastly, Daily Mail said 28 tube stations were shut. That can present a misleading picture.

I agree things need shutting down BUT you're taking a part of the situation in isolation here. More nuanced.

28 shut out of 270 currently.

Roughly 10%.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

I’m no fan of Piers Morgan, but it’s nice to see at least one interviewer holding these lying bastards to account.

Agreed, and join thousands of others - the bloke is a pompous, self opiniated pr1ck.

The other part of your sentence is best ignored.

• Hmmm 1

1 minute ago, bcfc01 said:

Agreed, and join thousands of others - the bloke is a pompous, self opiniated pr1ck.

You think it’s ok that the health secretary deliberately lies? And you don’t think anybody should hold him to account for it?

4 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

You think it’s ok that the health secretary deliberately lies? And you don’t think anybody should hold him to account for it?

I'm not going to get into such a stupid, fatuous, and peurile argument with you or anyone else.

I don't mind Piers as he will at least ask some proper questions and doesn't seem to care if anyone is offended by his questioning, but he does need to let people finish what they are saying, and then call them out if need be. 

3 minutes ago, wood_red said:

I don't mind Piers as he will at least ask some proper questions and doesn't seem to care if anyone is offended by his questioning, but he does need to let people finish what they are saying, and then call them out if need be. 

I'm surprised Hancock did the interview. Pretty sure all the government have bottled talking to PM for ages now. Didn't Boris hide in a van to avoid talking to him before the election?!

32 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

I find this attitude utterly, utterly baffling.

I presume what each and everyone of us wants to happen in this crisis is for as many lives to be saved as possible, as few people to be hospitalised as possible and for society to return to as normal as possible as quickly as possible to preserve lives, preserve people's businesses and minimise the harm from this outbreak.

The government has essentially admitted that it made mistakes in the early handling of the crisis, pursued a policy of mitigation and flattening the curve and that this proved to be the wrong strategy. It responded to pressure and criticism by asking people not go to to pubs. We know that asking people not go to pubs did not work and the government responded to pressure and criticism by ordering pubs to be closed. We know that businesses were worried about jobs and the government responded to pressure and criticism by guaranteeing wages. We know it is likely over the few days the government will respond to pressure and criticism about the fact it has not gone as far as other countries by taking further steps over the next few days. All of this is because of pressure and criticism forcing the government to change position, each time saving more lives and preserving more livelihoods.

Yet there seem to be some posters on here who see it as their job to try to stop pressure and criticism and seemingly place their political ideology over that need to save lives by continually defending the government and trying to shut down all criticism. Each time events have proven them wrong and yet they continue to say we should not criticise the government, even though that criticism has changed policy and saved lives.

This situation is not about ideology and it is not about party politics. It is about the government doing the right things to keep people save and, where that is not happening, ensuring the government acts. Anyone who places a need to defend the government and "not make things political" as a priority over criticising the government in the areas where they may not be saving lives utterly, utterly baffles me. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Flames 3