IGNORED

The Coronavirus and its impact on sport/Fans Return (Merged)

Loderingo

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Am with you now.

May well be- and quite right too. I'd say in a fanciful yet just scenario, relegate the bottom 6 and promote the top 6 of this League if the bottom 6 in the PL try and block it- majority 14/20 etc.

God knows how- top 5 then playoffs 6th-9th?

Yeah and my criticism goes to both the clubs selfishly pushing for a restart becausethey have somethingto play for, and the bottom 6 and their blatant self-preservation scheming. Also Man City who have wheeled out players to add doubts to the restart, surely just to scupper their rivals. In mid table there might actually be a few clubs who just want what is correct and proper in a difficult environment (but maybe they just want some TV income!)

2 hours ago, cityloyal473 said:

So will England and Wales shortly. Sturgeon grandstanding again. 

Not really....having to react quickly to Johnsin’s desire to be popular by announcing relaxing of some lockdown aspects (on Monday) in Parliament yesterday.  And then leaking to the press to whip everyone up ahead of a dry / sunny bank holiday weekend.  And then Raab having to back pedal today.  Johnson is dangerously irresponsible.  As for Sturgeon, I’m no great fan, but she isn’t gambling with our lives like Johnson is.  If they are really worried about grandstanding, why not schedule press briefings at the same time.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Not really....having to react quickly to Johnsin’s desire to be popular by announcing relaxing of some lockdown aspects (on Monday) in Parliament yesterday.  And then leaking to the press to whip everyone up ahead of a dry / sunny bank holiday weekend.  And then Raab having to back pedal today.  Johnson is dangerously irresponsible.  As for Sturgeon, I’m no great fan, but she isn’t gambling with our lives like Johnson is.  If they are really worried about grandstanding, why not schedule press briefings at the same time.

Dont think anyone is gambling with anyone's lives. We've been kept in for 7 weeks now which is an extraordinary amount of time and it's fine its job of helping the NHS cope. We now need to get back to normality as soon as we can without going overboard. If we extend lockdown further then this country will sink. Boris Johnsons doing the right thing for all of us going forward.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

20 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I think a Monday release might depend on how well behaved people are over the weekend.

We will be perfectly behaved as we have been for the last 7 weeks. The country has done a fantastic job of sticking to guidelines, better than anyone could ever have envisaged.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

We will be perfectly behaved as we have been for the last 7 weeks. The country has done a fantastic job of sticking to guidelines, better than anyone could ever have envisaged.

I think things have possibly been fraying a bit in the last couple of weeks but overall yes, the country has done pretty well I think.

Few weeks back there was a briefing and I'm sure it showed a model that expected the compliance rate to be about 80%.

Was well in excess of that. Will try and find it online but that's an indicator for sure.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Your last sentence says it all and that's why I said Sturgeon is a grandstanding idiot. Throughout she's tried to act like Scotland is some world superpower. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

Nah, we simply have to move forward now. Enough is enough. 

You realise we're still a month shy of how long Wuhan was in lockdown? And new medical study is suggesting Europe/US has been hit my a mutation of the virus so worse here than in Asia

6 minutes ago, hodge said:

You realise we're still a month shy of how long Wuhan was in lockdown? And new medical study is suggesting Europe/US has been hit my a mutation of the virus so worse here than in Asia

Don't think for one minute we are going to go back to normal as of Monday but we simply cannot and will not continue as we are or else the country will collapse and people will get hurt in other ways. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, hodge said:

There are also articles suggesting the virus hasn’t mutated. It’s always hard to which articles to believe at the moment.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GJS said:

There are also articles suggesting the virus hasn’t mutated. It’s always hard to which articles to believe at the moment.

Either way we're still a month off the length of the Wuhan lockdown

1 hour ago, OldlandReddies said:

Im up for it. Think we are gradually getting the better of our friend Covid. He's getting weaker by the day. 

You sound like a pale skinned ginger Geordie who refuses to use sunscreen as it's for 'poofs' and then spends a week walking round like you've shat yer self whilst depositing lumps of dead skin in various 'British' bars on the Costa.

Love it!

• Haha 1

Im up for it. Think we are gradually getting the better of our friend Covid. He's getting weaker by the day. 

Because of the lockdown.... 

If we come out of it too quick then the virus will spread and more lives will be lost. 

We have the most deaths in Europe due to going into lockdown and it shows, so we shouldn't rush our because you're bored. 

Nah, we simply have to move forward now. Enough is enough. 

Another few weeks of ‘pain’ will not hurt in the grand scheme of things.  Rushing out of it just to placate the people who believe ‘enough is enough’ thus far will, with the greatest respect, be a complete disaster. 

• Like 2

Don't think for one minute we are going to go back to normal as of Monday but we simply cannot and will not continue as we are or else the country will collapse and people will get hurt in other ways. 

First of all my mother sadly passed away just 2hrs ago in a care home in east Bristol; with dementia incurrable cancer and a COVOID infection at the weekend which released her pain;

2nd my wife slipped over when her knee replacement leg collapsed in the bathroom 2 days ago, this involved her falling ontop of the loo brush at the side of the loo which has trashed her eye at the moment and the red snooker ballwhich now resembles an eye ball is under daily treatment via visits to Chelt hospital; NOW I have been told that several consultants have said a simple op is needed to sort things out , however as all the required machines needed to sort this under a general anaesthetic have been borrowed by the COVID virus situation daily trips to Chelt hospital inc tomorrow and the weekend and next week until the required machines are returned from empty sports centres/halls that arent going to need them anytime soon.

So Boris as soon as you like please GIVE THE HOSPITALS THEIR MACHINES BACK PLEASE?

I ALSO HAVE HAD CANCER OBSERVANCE PROCEEDURES CANCELLED and my wife also has had knee/back proceedures cancelled, so yes 100% give us our hospitals back. Its causing untold pain to millions and not just in money.

Edited by glos old boy

7 minutes ago, lenred said:

Another few weeks of ‘pain’ will not hurt in the grand scheme of things.  Rushing out of it just to placate the people who believe ‘enough is enough’ thus far will, with the greatest respect, be a complete disaster. 

see above and earlier post, how much unseen hurt do you want to see, but you wont see it will you on any daily graph on the beeb

35 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

You sound like a pale skinned ginger Geordie who refuses to use sunscreen as it's for 'poofs' and then spends a week walking round like you've shat yer self whilst depositing lumps of dead skin in various 'British' bars on the Costa.

Love it!

Have you been stalking me ???

3 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

I think a Monday release might depend on how well behaved people are over the weekend.

Many in this country are incapable of sticking to clear guidelines - the North West now has more people in hospital with Covid19 than London - could it have anything to do with the 1,008 house parties Greater Manchester Police were called to over the Easter weekend?! They just couldn’t stay in could they?! Idiots ...

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/lockdown-what-lockdown-police-called-18090966

• Hmmm 1