IGNORED

The Coronavirus and its impact on sport/Fans Return (Merged)

Loderingo

36 minutes ago, hodge said:

Not 100% sure but I think its in PPG the margin of error when calculating remaining points from PPG over the last 3 years you either have an extra 6.3% or 5.45% less points so all teams would have in effect 3 points totals the upper margin of error, actual ppg and lower margin of error. Its needed for point D, any teams upper margin of error that would see them finish 6th against other teams actual would see them invited to the play off tournament as there's a decent chance they could still get to the play offs seeing out the season. This would probably mean in the championship we'd be involved in a play off tournament given how close to Preston we are.

In reality its to pander to the likes of DMaC so they support the idea because the idea includes no relegation as the leagues will need a solution to be applied should the league not be able to finish the season (second wave, localised lockdown stopping too many areas) and the likes of DMaC and other chairman/owners of teams around them would favour a plan that gives them a shot of play offs.

So you might end up with anyone down to maybe Cardiff in 9th who lay a claim to playoffs.  What happens then?

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

So you might end up with anyone down to maybe Cardiff in 9th who lay a claim to playoffs.  What happens then?

The idea is 3rd to 9th then enters some form of play off competition, as said its to try and appeal to as many teams in league 1 as possible to save their ass

• Like 1

Just now, hodge said:

The idea is 3rd to 9th then enters some form of play off competition, as said its to try and appeal to as many teams in league 1 as possible to save their ass

Got you.  Bit like Peter Loehman (Twitter) idea of an elimination series a couple of weeks back.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Got you.  Bit like Peter Loehman (Twitter) idea of an elimination series a couple of weeks back.

Pretty much, there's no way to please everyone, if her suggested in the champ included Cardiff you'd get arguments from Blackburn about why they should miss out being 1 point behind Cardiff if they hypothetically had an easier run in etc

• Like 1

13 hours ago, hodge said:

Pretty much, there's no way to please everyone, if her suggested in the champ included Cardiff you'd get arguments from Blackburn about why they should miss out being 1 point behind Cardiff if they hypothetically had an easier run in etc

13 hours ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

If it was in championship with margin of error I think it would go down to Swansea in 11th. Derby in 12th 6 pts behind already so would miss out.

Think in L1 Doncaster in 9th would be as far you can go. Ipswich in 10th 6 pts off already so would just miss out.

Yeah I was just using a simple 5% of 55 points....didn’t go any further than that.  

Assuming the season restarts, which is looking more and more and likely, does anyone know if the club has made plans for our away game transport? Obviously there isn’t any chance to stay overnight, so good planning for games like the Boro one is paramount.

Obviously more planning is required for Blackburn, Boro and Forest than Swansea. After playing 90 minutes in 30 degrees the worst thing the players could do is sit on a coach for 6 hours. They’ll need to probably make stops, at least one, maybe two for a stretch, I’m sure our scientific approach and staff will have thought of everything. Good recovery is essential anytime, especially when the games will be coming thick and fast.

I really hope for the longer trips they have considered tour buses, no bands are using them this summer obviously, and they have the ideal space/capacity for social distancing and space for players to be comfortable on their return to Bristol. I trust our staff and club to consider most things, hopefully they have this, modern tour buses are perfect for what we require, unless Steve can fly us up some how. There might be a finite supply in he country, no need to get in a bidding war with prem clubs if we can secure them early. Anyone got any info on our plans or contacts in the tour bus industry?

1 hour ago, zombie said:

Assuming the season restarts, which is looking more and more and likely, does anyone know if the club has made plans for our away game transport? Obviously there isn’t any chance to stay overnight, so good planning for games like the Boro one is paramount.

Obviously more planning is required for Blackburn, Boro and Forest than Swansea. After playing 90 minutes in 30 degrees the worst thing the players could do is sit on a coach for 6 hours. They’ll need to probably make stops, at least one, maybe two for a stretch, I’m sure our scientific approach and staff will have thought of everything. Good recovery is essential anytime, especially when the games will be coming thick and fast.

I really hope for the longer trips they have considered tour buses, no bands are using them this summer obviously, and they have the ideal space/capacity for social distancing and space for players to be comfortable on their return to Bristol. I trust our staff and club to consider most things, hopefully they have this, modern tour buses are perfect for what we require, unless Steve can fly us up some how. There might be a finite supply in he country, no need to get in a bidding war with prem clubs if we can secure them early. Anyone got any info on our plans or contacts in the tour bus industry?

They’ll drive themselves, meet at the Black Lion at 12:15.....we’ll that’s what we did ???

• Haha 3

• Admin
1 hour ago, formerly known as ivan said:

4 more positive tests from this rounds testing in the prem

I haven't seen any news tonight. 

Was it mentioned if any of these were the players who tested positive last week or are these four additional cases? 

1 hour ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Out of over 1000 tests, that’s got to be good news. 

You’d think, but if players are sticking to the rules as they should you’d have to question how there are new infections?

20 minutes ago, hodge said:

Were they Norwich/Villa/Bournemouth by any chance :ph34r:

Bournemouth was last week!

9 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

You’d think, but if players are sticking to the rules as they should you’d have to question how there are new infections?

Bournemouth was last week!

Probably in the same way that normal folk who have been following the rules have caught the virus. 

From the 3 rounds of testing, I’m sure the total number of players or staff who have tested positive is still less than the number of players who tested positive in just the first round of testing in Germany. 

Edited by Betty Swallocks
  • Like 1

Phil Thompson saying there has to be a limit to the amount of cases of the virus a club has before postponing fixtures. I hate that I have to question the ethics of football teams but odds on a team in the drop zone saying a lot of their players have symptoms and are isolating.... Remember Spurs years ago when most of their squad went down with some sort of illness which cost them a top 4 spot, nothing made about that then and was tough luck. 

35 minutes ago, hodge said:

Phil Thompson saying there has to be a limit to the amount of cases of the virus a club has before postponing fixtures. I hate that I have to question the ethics of football teams but odds on a team in the drop zone saying a lot of their players have symptoms and are isolating.... Remember Spurs years ago when most of their squad went down with some sort of illness which cost them a top 4 spot, nothing made about that then and was tough luck. 

Yes, assuming safety / transmission isn’t compromised, I say they are treated like injured players.  In most cases they’ll be back within two weeks...or quicker with a negative test.

Sounds a bit harsh, but that’s why you have a squad.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, assuming safety / transmission isn’t compromised, I say they are treated like injured players.  In most cases they’ll be back within two weeks...or quicker with a negative test.

Sounds a bit harsh, but that’s why you have a squad.

Exactly yeah, there's no way to please everyone and account for every situation in this time and clubs need to accept its an exceptional circumstance regardless how badly they come off

• Like 2

4 hours ago, hodge said:

Lasangagate?

Well as a big surprise (as literally in every country they state that maybe fans can't be at the games even next season) the Hungarian government announced that from THIS Friday, 30/05 fans can go to outdoor events with limitations.

Every second row has to be closed and only every 3rd seat can be taken in the opened rows, so it means that around 4000 fans can be at an Ashton gate sized stadium. Logistics for this has to be prepared of course but maybe a few ST holders can watch live footy as early as next Saturday. ?

Out of interest if a player tests positive and with the new test & trace system in place:

‘If your test comes back positive, you will be asked to give details of people you have been in "close contact" with. That is defined as people you have been within two metres of for more than 15 minutes without protective equipment.

Those people who have been in close contact with you will be contacted by NHS Test and Trace and told to isolate for 14 days, even if they are asymptomatic.’

Phase two of 'Project Restart' will see players "train as a group and engage in tackling while minimising unnecessary close contact", the league said. If a player from Club A has a positive result, does that mean effectively a number of players will need to isolate for 14 days who have been training in a group with said player?

1 hour ago, daored said:

Out of interest if a player tests positive and with the new test & trace system in place:

‘If your test comes back positive, you will be asked to give details of people you have been in "close contact" with. That is defined as people you have been within two metres of for more than 15 minutes without protective equipment.

Those people who have been in close contact with you will be contacted by NHS Test and Trace and told to isolate for 14 days, even if they are asymptomatic.’

Phase two of 'Project Restart' will see players "train as a group and engage in tackling while minimising unnecessary close contact", the league said. If a player from Club A has a positive result, does that mean effectively a number of players will need to isolate for 14 days who have been training in a group with said player?

Well under the guidelines I'd say they probably haven't been within 2 metres of a particular person for more than 15 minutes overall in a session?