IGNORED

The Coronavirus and its impact on sport/Fans Return (Merged)

Loderingo

• Admin
36 minutes ago, hodge said:

Well under the guidelines I'd say they probably haven't been within 2 metres of a particular person for more than 15 minutes overall in a session?

Correct

Which is why the players are currently not training together

I see the third player who tested positive was Elliott Bennett of Blackburn

2 hours ago, archie andrews said:

Baker was the best who imo......... 

Do you think it’s an era thing?  I started watching just as Pertwee was morphing into Baker, so watched Baker predominantly and therefore he’s my fave.  My bruv, 2 years old, prefers Pertwee....

2 hours ago, daored said:

Out of interest if a player tests positive and with the new test & trace system in place:

‘If your test comes back positive, you will be asked to give details of people you have been in "close contact" with. That is defined as people you have been within two metres of for more than 15 minutes without protective equipment.

Those people who have been in close contact with you will be contacted by NHS Test and Trace and told to isolate for 14 days, even if they are asymptomatic.’

Phase two of 'Project Restart' will see players "train as a group and engage in tackling while minimising unnecessary close contact", the league said. If a player from Club A has a positive result, does that mean effectively a number of players will need to isolate for 14 days who have been training in a group with said player?

No. Returning Football have their own separate guidance for obvious reasons.

19 hours ago, zombie said:

Assuming the season restarts, which is looking more and more and likely, does anyone know if the club has made plans for our away game transport? Obviously there isn’t any chance to stay overnight, so good planning for games like the Boro one is paramount.

Obviously more planning is required for Blackburn, Boro and Forest than Swansea. After playing 90 minutes in 30 degrees the worst thing the players could do is sit on a coach for 6 hours. They’ll need to probably make stops, at least one, maybe two for a stretch, I’m sure our scientific approach and staff will have thought of everything. Good recovery is essential anytime, especially when the games will be coming thick and fast.

I really hope for the longer trips they have considered tour buses, no bands are using them this summer obviously, and they have the ideal space/capacity for social distancing and space for players to be comfortable on their return to Bristol. I trust our staff and club to consider most things, hopefully they have this, modern tour buses are perfect for what we require, unless Steve can fly us up some how. There might be a finite supply in he country, no need to get in a bidding war with prem clubs if we can secure them early. Anyone got any info on our plans or contacts in the tour bus industry?

They have a toilet on the coach surely so why would they need to stop? Driver can stop at services and have a rest/toilet break or have 2 drivers.

9 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

No. Returning Football have their own separate guidance for obvious reasons.

5 Live last night had an interesting interview with someone from the company that makes those GPS vests they were at training,  They've measured the amount of time players are within close proximity and it's minimal.  If someone did test positive for C-19 they would be able to look and see who was in close proximity at training and they could be isolated.  It shows just how much money and the right technology can help nail this. 

In the Bundersliga the players arrived on multiple coaches as they had to sit far apart from each other.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Correct

Which is why the players are currently not training together

I see the third player who tested positive was Elliott Bennett of Blackburn

I meant even when they used to train, if the requirement is to have to be within 2m of someone for 15 mins I doubt any player is that close to another in a session for that amount of time

I kinda feel bad for Liverpool, no way they're allowed to play another home game for the rest of the season on the basis of Liverpool fans gathering to celebrate the title win the next time they're at the stadium. Also wonder how much the police will charge as their 'costs' so games can be played at home stadiums.....

The Police have informed the Premier League that they have no issues with the majority of matches being played at their original venues.

However, they have raised concerns over the hosting of a small number of high-profile fixtures, amid concerns of supporters gathering outside, and expressed a desire to see them played at neutral sites.

That information is expected to be fed back to clubs at Thursday's top flight meeting, which is ongoing.

Police feel that as long as their costs are covered and clubs provide stewarding to ensure they can deal with potential issues, most matches can be played at their existing stadiums.

1 hour ago, OldlandReddies said:

Boris says date for pubs opening may be brought forward............great news .......I'm desperate for that first pint of cold Thatcher's Gold !

Too soon I'd say. Boris trying to distract attention from the utter flustercuck his government have made of the COVID response. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, James54De said:

Two Fulham players and one Blackburn player tested positive. Over 1000 tests completed. 

When I heard that I was jokingly gonna tweet whether it was Joe Bryan, Bobby Reid and Derrick Williams, all getting together....but it’s actually Elliott Bennett, ex-City.

Get well Elliott.

43 minutes ago, hodge said:

I kinda feel bad for Liverpool, no way they're allowed to play another home game for the rest of the season on the basis of Liverpool fans gathering to celebrate the title win the next time they're at the stadium. Also wonder how much the police will charge as their 'costs' so games can be played at home stadiums.....

The Police have informed the Premier League that they have no issues with the majority of matches being played at their original venues.

However, they have raised concerns over the hosting of a small number of high-profile fixtures, amid concerns of supporters gathering outside, and expressed a desire to see them played at neutral sites.

That information is expected to be fed back to clubs at Thursday's top flight meeting, which is ongoing.

Police feel that as long as their costs are covered and clubs provide stewarding to ensure they can deal with potential issues, most matches can be played at their existing stadiums.

Winging police. They've had bugger all to do in the last 3 months ! Liverpool will play at home. 

Man City v Arsenal and Villa v Sheffield Utd will be the first 2 premier league fixtures, they're the games in hand which will bring all teams onto the same amount of games played so moving forward teams will have all played the same amount of fixtures after each game round

2 hours ago, OldlandReddies said:

Boris says date for pubs opening may be brought forward............great news .......I'm desperate for that first pint of cold Thatcher's Gold !

You can buy them in the shop and pop them in the fridge if you're that desperate.....  Here to help....!

https://www.skysports.com/more-sports/live-blog/20876/11981775/coronavirus-in-sport-latest-updates-on-pandemics-impact-around-the-world

stating that the first two matches will be A Villa v Sheff Utd and Man City v Arsenal, meaning all clubs will have played the same games.

I bet if Villa lose, they won’t want the season to end...  

• Like 1